PDA

View Full Version : Avatar change

Jim3k
12-27-2015, 09:03 PM
In 1961 I was a freshman and saw (on black and white TV) Duke nip Arkansas 7-6 in the Cotton Bowl. When I finally got around to posting an avatar here, I chose the informal pic of the 1961 team celebrating in the Cotton Bowl locker room. It was hard to make out and maybe missed some players anyway.

Almost 55 years later, we have another bowl victory to our credit. In celebration, I have changed my avatar to Ross Martin's 36-yard OT field goal, which became the margin of the Pinstripe victory.

I'm sure the 1961 team is happy that the baton has now been passed.

Turn on the steam, team! Rip 'em up, tear 'em up. Give 'em hell, Duke!

Indoor66
12-27-2015, 09:20 PM
In 1961 I was a freshman and saw (on black and white TV) Duke nip Arkansas 7-6 in the Cotton Bowl. When I finally got around to posting an avatar here, I chose the informal pic of the 1961 team celebrating in the Cotton Bowl locker room. It was hard to make out and maybe missed some players anyway.

Almost 55 years later, we have another bowl victory to our credit. In celebration, I have changed my avatar to Ross Martin's 36-yard OT field goal, which became the margin of the Pinstripe victory.

I'm sure the 1961 team is happy that the baton has now been passed.

Turn on the steam, team! Rip 'em up, tear 'em up. Give 'em hell, Duke!

A worthy and deserved tribute. I am sure the '61 team would agree.

OldPhiKap
12-28-2015, 08:47 AM
Excellent post.

My current avatar is from the great salt plains between El Paso and Carlsbad NM taken last bowl game. Will update to new bowl photo later.

Bowl Champ avatar and NC hoops championship sigs. Good time to be a Duke fan!

left_hook_lacey
12-28-2015, 09:54 AM
I've never had an avatar, on this site or any other. Not sure why. Maybe I'm not that creative, or possibly, just plain lazy. I've just never come across an image that screamed "that's the one!! I have to have that as my avatar!" That's sort of the same reason I've never gotten a tattoo.

However, this thread has made me realize I need an avatar. And the search begins......

captmojo
12-28-2015, 10:23 AM
Mine is taken from the pre-Runnymeade Bowl collection.

Indoor66
12-28-2015, 01:06 PM
I've never had an avatar, on this site or any other. Not sure why. Maybe I'm not that creative, or possibly, just plain lazy. I've just never come across an image that screamed "that's the one!! I have to have that as my avatar!" That's sort of the same reason I've never gotten a tattoo.

However, this thread has made me realize I need an avatar. And the search begins...

Rocky Marciano had a great left hook!:cool:

devildeac
12-28-2015, 01:24 PM
Rocky Marciano had a great left hook!:cool:

So does this dude:

Indoor66
12-28-2015, 02:21 PM
So does this dude:

Yeah but Rocky was 55 - 0 against all comers, how did your guy do? :cool:

devildeac
12-28-2015, 03:01 PM
Yeah but Rocky was 55 - 0 against all comers, how did your guy do? :cool:

I guess things didn't Pan out so well for him...

Indoor66
12-28-2015, 03:33 PM

It just petered out for him.

Tripping William
12-28-2015, 05:57 PM

Not if Gene Banks has any say .....

Indoor66
12-28-2015, 06:14 PM
Not if Gene Banks has any say ...

Tink could fly.

OldPhiKap
12-28-2015, 07:40 PM

However, this thread has made me realize I need an avatar. And the search begins...

I was a fan of Lacey Underalls from Caddyshack. Just trying to help and all.

I'm willing to sulfate without confirming that she had a mean left hook too if that is of any assistance.

captmojo
12-29-2015, 10:28 AM

Let's leave peanut butter out of this.

jaytoc
12-29-2015, 10:53 AM
Hey, Cap'n, why does your avatar always remind me of Dick Enberg on Halloween?

captmojo
12-30-2015, 12:55 PM
Hey, Cap'n, why does your avatar always remind me of Dick Enberg on Halloween?

Ahem...that would be a Royal Dick Enberg. :D