PDA

View Full Version : Taking 12 year old son to home game 12/30

bbq-devil
12-27-2015, 08:51 PM
I need some advice. I have two tickets in section 17 for the Long Beach State game that I got my son for Christmas. It will be his first game in Cameron! He has already bought his face paint and is looking forward to the experience. I have not been to game in Cameron in about ten years either so I'm not sure who is more excited:cool:

Since this is a 4:00 start I was wondering what time I need to be there to have the best shot of getting a good row so he can see the game (probably in front since he is about 5'0"). If I remember they open the gates 90 minutes before tip-off but wasn't sure what time I need to be there to line up.

Thanks again in advance,

BBQ-Devil

uh_no
12-27-2015, 09:51 PM
I need some advice. I have two tickets in section 17 for the Long Beach State game that I got my son for Christmas. It will be his first game in Cameron! He has already bought his face paint and is looking forward to the experience. I have not been to game in Cameron in about ten years either so I'm not sure who is more excited:cool:

Since this is a 4:00 start I was wondering what time I need to be there to have the best shot of getting a good row so he can see the game (probably in front since he is about 5'0"). If I remember they open the gates 90 minutes before tip-off but wasn't sure what time I need to be there to line up.

Thanks again in advance,

BBQ-Devil

there will be a line out there >2hrs before the game. When it actually starts, I can't even guess. Note that the middle of the front rows will still (probably) be given to any students that happen to be there, so there are still limited front row seats.

If I wanted to guarantee a front row, i'd probably be there an hour before doors opened....but maybe someone who has waited in the GA line more recently can give you a better estimate.

bbq-devil
12-27-2015, 10:20 PM
there will be a line out there >2hrs before the game. When it actually starts, I can't even guess. Note that the middle of the front rows will still (probably) be given to any students that happen to be there, so there are still limited front row seats.

If I wanted to guarantee a front row, i'd probably be there an hour before doors opened...but maybe someone who has waited in the GA line more recently can give you a better estimate.

Thanks! I'll plan on being in line by at least 1:30.

fraggler
12-29-2015, 06:25 PM
Give your son the full experience and pitch a tent the night before!

uh_no
12-29-2015, 06:45 PM
Give your son the full experience and pitch a tent the night before!

I wouldn't be surprised if the first tenters are out there. though not sure what the official policy on the start of tenting is this year.

dukelifer
12-29-2015, 07:00 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the first tenters are out there. though not sure what the official policy on the start of tenting is this year.

No tenters as of yesterday. They should be coming soon

weezie
12-29-2015, 07:11 PM
I thought that in the olden days the tenting wasn't allowed until night before first day of second semester classes.

Any way, nice save uh no.

uh_no
12-29-2015, 10:09 PM
I thought that in the olden days the tenting wasn't allowed until night before first day of second semester classes.

Any way, nice save uh no.

when i was a student, it was known as "pre-blue" tenting and was effectively self policed and fair game. there were groups that spent christmas there. Official blue tented started the week that classes started.

My sophomore year, at least one team showed up the day after thanksgiving. they were told to go home.

Now I believe it's "black tenting" and at least once, it was some sort of "hell week" with NO tents allowed, and order determined by a series of contests. I'm not sure what the rules are this year.