PDA

View Full Version : Cavs @ Warriors.......who you got?

moonpie23
12-24-2015, 11:15 AM
5pm christmas day.......gonna be a good one i think....

Edouble
12-24-2015, 12:27 PM
Kevin Love has had his Santa-like beard the longest.

LeBron is the King.

Cavs by 7.

fraggler
12-24-2015, 12:29 PM
Cavs are still going to take some time to integrate Kyrie and Shumpert fully, so I see the Warriors taking the game by a comfortable margin. Who knows though. Maybe Lebron goes into post season mode just for this game.

gurufrisbee
12-24-2015, 12:31 PM
Cavs at full strength take down Warriors at full strength. However, that's not at all where we are (just like it was in June).

BlueDevilBrowns
12-24-2015, 12:52 PM
Lebron and the Cavs playing as an underdog makes them extremely dangerous...

However, it's at Golden State and the Cavs aren't at "full steam" yet so I'll take the Warriors over the Cavs by two possessions... Until they meet again in June.

darthur
12-24-2015, 03:22 PM
Cavs at full strength take down Warriors at full strength. However, that's not at all where we are (just like it was in June).

Even with Kyrie and Shumpert being eased back in, the Cavs have all of their starters and their head coach - the warriors have neither right now. I think health favors Cleveland this time.

Duke76
12-24-2015, 04:16 PM
Even with Kyrie and Shumpert being eased back in, the Cavs have all of their starters and their head coach - the warriors have neither right now. I think health favors Cleveland this time.

Kyrie gonna show him up

Pghdukie
12-24-2015, 08:32 PM
Uncle Drew might have to make a personal appearance ! Along with the stock boy !

moonpie23
12-25-2015, 08:07 PM
hero ball from lebron didn't get it done......but he didn't have a lot of help.....

kyrie wasn't up to snuff yet, but if this is the finals again, it's gonna be epic if both teams are at full strength....

the mouthpiece is buggin me....

sagegrouse
12-25-2015, 09:02 PM
hero ball from lebron didn't get it done...but he didn't have a lot of help....

kyrie wasn't up to snuff yet, but if this is the finals again, it's gonna be epic if both teams are at full strength...

the mouthpiece is buggin me...

Cleveland shot 31.6 percent plus 16.7 percent from three. Golden State shot 41.0 plus 27.8 from three. The defenses weren't THAT good.

Duke95
12-25-2015, 10:14 PM
Well, honestly, what I see is an absolutely epic final four in the NBA. If it's Cavs-Warriors in the finals..wow.

But, frankly, I think the Spurs are going to have something to say about that first.

BlueDevilBrowns
12-25-2015, 11:46 PM
The game went pretty much like I expected except for the extremely poor shooting.

I'm not sure if age is catching up to James but he doesn't seem quite as sharp or explosive night in and night out like in his Heat days this year.

Or possibly he could be saving himself for the playoff season, realizing he's got a lot of miles on his tires.

I do know this - Lebron and the Cavs will be in the Finals as long as their starting five is healthy.

The question is will it be GS or SA out of the West?

I'm leaning towards Golden State for now.

HK Dukie
12-26-2015, 12:28 AM
Line was 6.5, GS won by 6.

No matter who ya got, Vegas always (eventually) will get you.

Indoor66
12-26-2015, 08:38 AM
Line was 6.5, GS won by 6.

No matter who ya got, Vegas always (eventually) will get you.

They didn't build those palaces on the backs of winners! :o:cool:

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
12-26-2015, 10:15 AM
The game went pretty much like I expected except for the extremely poor shooting.

I watch precious little NBA, but was excited for this game. Was really disappointed, given the reputations of both teams and the Sportscenter highlights of the last two months.

LeBron was terrible in the last few minutes, and rather forgettable overall. Deladova's back hugging stunt in the final moments was bush league - though I blame the coach for that.

And, both teams shot horribly.

I will tune in again in a few months.

gurufrisbee
12-26-2015, 11:27 AM

Coaches are irrelevant for those teams. Losing Barnes is an addition by subtraction. Kyrie is clearly only a shell of himself right now.

Duke95
12-26-2015, 12:15 PM
Coaches are irrelevant for those teams. Losing Barnes is an addition by subtraction. Kyrie is clearly only a shell of himself right now.

Those two drives he had in the 4th quarter were a thing of beauty though. Can't wait until he is back to full strength. His shooting is rusty for sure.

uh_no
12-26-2015, 01:38 PM
I watch precious little NBA, but was excited for this game. Was really disappointed, given the reputations of both teams and the Sportscenter highlights of the last two months.

LeBron was terrible in the last few minutes, and rather forgettable overall. Deladova's back hugging stunt in the final moments was bush league - though I blame the coach for that.

And, both teams shot horribly.

I will tune in again in a few months.

I'm with you. I hear all the time about how "great the NBA" is right now. I've watched probably a little more than you, but I just don't see it. All in all, I'm largely disillusioned by a sport played at a level in which a single player's physicality or three point shooting can largely remove the need for teamwork.

Defense? yeah they don't play matador like 15 years ago, but it seems a couple passes and the defense falls apart.
less contact? All I see is bodies slamming into each other all over the place and little called. I don't want to watch a foul shooting contest, but I prefer NFL on sundays.