PDA

View Full Version : Cameron on canvas

CameronBornAndBred
12-17-2015, 06:48 PM
Hi, my name is CameronBornAndBred and I'm addicted to Duke sports. I'm also an artist.

Ever since I was way too young to count how many years old I was, I've been lucky enough to be in Cameron for countless number of games. My dad has had season tickets forever and a day; first we were in section 13 then after a divorce he moved over to section 16, sans two tickets.
I don't live in Durham anymore, but when I'm lucky enough, and close enough, I get to grab hold of one of those tickets. If I'm extra lucky, Dad is next to me giving me his color analysis as we watch the action. He's way more fun to listen to than Vitale, and often more knowledgeable.
All of those years have gone past, and I've soaked it all in, but never put that experience to canvas. I've done a few paintings from Cameron before, in watercolor. Those have been of players in action (Nolan, Kyrie, one of a certain unc total beatdown.), but never all of what I see from my dad's seats.
I fixed that.

Time Out
48 x 24 inches, acrylic.

PS...if you want to see this one as it progressed, I've got it here. Plus the obligatory beer discussion.
http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?37059-Artistic-Spoilers

OldPhiKap
12-17-2015, 06:53 PM
Hi, my name is CameronBornAndBred and I'm addicted to Duke sports. I'm also an artist.

Ever since I was way too young to count how many years old I was, I've been lucky enough to be in Cameron for countless number of games. My dad has had season tickets forever and a day; first we were in section 13 then after a divorce he moved over to section 16, sans two tickets.
I don't live in Durham anymore, but when I'm lucky enough, and close enough, I get to grab hold of one of those tickets. If I'm extra lucky, Dad is next to me giving me his color analysis as we watch the action. He's way more fun to listen to than Vitale, and often more knowledgeable.
All of those years have gone past, and I've soaked it all in, but never put that experience to canvas. I've done a few paintings from Cameron before, in watercolor. Those have been of players in action (Nolan, Kyrie, one of a certain unc total beatdown.), but never all of what I see from my dad's seats.
I fixed that.

Time Out
48 x 24 inches, acrylic.

PS...if you want to see this one as it progressed, I've got it here. Plus the obligatory beer discussion.
http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?37059-Artistic-Spoilers

Wow! I always enjoy your artwork, you have an incredible talent my friend. Landscapes, people, moments, cows, watercolor, acrylic, all. So impressive.

Pghdukie
12-17-2015, 08:42 PM
My hats off to you ! What an incredible work of passion, detail, and talent. Congrats!

duke blue brewcrew
12-18-2015, 10:47 AM

I fixed that.

Time Out
48 x 24 inches, acrylic.

Simply Awesome, I'm beyond impressed. I would put this on my wall in a NY minute!

moonpie23
12-18-2015, 11:38 AM
nice....

DukieInKansas
12-18-2015, 12:14 PM
It's wonderful!

Of course, it isn't my favorite of your paintings - I have that one on my wall!

devildeac
12-18-2015, 12:56 PM
Awesome. Still waiting for you to make prints of your Blue Devil painting...

A print of this one would make a nice accompaniment to the above.

;)

Neals384
12-18-2015, 01:29 PM

So if Dad isn't available, you have to sit next to Vitale? Yikes.:cool:

Seriously, that is one fine painting. Thanks for sharing.

CameronBornAndBred
12-18-2015, 01:45 PM
Awesome. Still waiting for you to make prints of your Blue Devil painting...

A print of this one would make a nice accompaniment to the above.

;)
IowaDevil owns that painting, and it will be the only one. I'm just not a big fan of dealing with prints. That being said, I probably will make prints of Time Out. I'm looking up options. (I do hope to sell the original, but I love this painting and want a copy for my own wall!)

So if Dad isn't available, you have to sit next to Vitale? Yikes.:cool:

Seriously, that is one fine painting. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks much (and to the others for the complements, very much appreciated). I can't mute Vitale in person; so with that option, I think I might have to stay home and enjoy the game on tv. ;)

Lid
12-18-2015, 03:52 PM
Wow, I mostly lurk on here and have enjoyed seeing your paintings in the past -- but I really love this one. Selfishly, I hope you find a way to make prints and hook up your DBR fans.

We're occasionally lucky enough to use a friend's seats that appear to be in exactly the same position in the opposite corner, maybe that's why this one speaks to me so clearly (saying, "Get your butt back in Cameron!").

Very, very nice.

devildeac
12-23-2015, 11:25 PM
This one is off the market.

But, I heard from a reliable source that prints may be available soon...

YmoBeThere
12-23-2015, 11:55 PM
This one is off the market.

But, I heard from a reliable source that prints may be available soon...

Was it ever really on the market?

CameronBornAndBred
12-24-2015, 08:00 AM
Was it ever really on the market?
It was for about 5 days. Good to know that Cameron Indoor sells faster than a naked woman. Although my gf would probably appreciate the naked women selling faster so they wouldn't hang on her walls so much. She liked seeing Cameron, other women's boobs, not so much. Go figure. (She is very tolerant of me taking pics and painting them though. Always grateful for her for that!)

I ordered 2 prints last night; if they look ok I'll order more and sell them. As long as they come out decent (Sometimes the colors can be too off), then one of these two is going to my dad, and the other is going on my wall. :D

I'll find out in about 2 weeks when they are delivered.

Ima Facultiwyfe
12-24-2015, 08:24 AM
Good to know that Cameron Indoor sells faster than a naked woman.

Although I'm still disappointed at not to be able to find myself in section 14, I'm grateful for not having found myself among your naked women! (Trust me. We're ALL grateful!)
Love, Ima

CameronBornAndBred
02-01-2016, 05:35 PM
Wow, I mostly lurk on here and have enjoyed seeing your paintings in the past -- but I really love this one. Selfishly, I hope you find a way to make prints and hook up your DBR fans.

I ordered 2 prints last night; if they look ok I'll order more and sell them. As long as they come out decent (Sometimes the colors can be too off), then one of these two is going to my dad, and the other is going on my wall. :D

I'll find out in about 2 weeks when they are delivered.

I got the two prints that I ordered, and they turned out really nice. Yay! I gave one to my dad for his birthday present (he really loved seeing the view from his seats in paint) and kept the other. Since they did happily turn out, I ordered more, and have two sizes. One is 40 x 20, one is 24 x 12, both on .75" canvas.
Unfortunately, five of the smaller ones came cropped; whoever printed them did something funky and pretty much chopped off the scoreboard. The company that I ordered from truly has great customer service, so they have 5 replacements on the way.
The cool thing about having the cropped ones is that I could test something out without worrying about damaging them. I've sprayed each with a fixative, and then coated them with a clear acrylic gel, which gives each print a more painterly look and adds protection. It also ensures that each is unique since they all have individual and personally applied brushstrokes. They'll be signed on front and back, but not numbered (since I am having to stagger the orders, and since there really are none that are exactly the same), but will be listed as "series one", "series two", etc.
Respecting DBR's wishes to not link to one's own site for sales, if you PM me I can give you a link with which to place secure orders through my Shopify site. I can only order a limited number at one time (since I'm officially now a starving artist and quit my day job), so if the size you want is out of stock, be patient and know that I will have replacements on the way.

devildeac
02-01-2016, 05:57 PM
I got the two prints that I ordered, and they turned out really nice. Yay! I gave one to my dad for his birthday present (he really loved seeing the view from his seats in paint) and kept the other. Since they did happily turn out, I ordered more, and have two sizes. One is 40 x 20, one is 24 x 12, both on .75" canvas.
Unfortunately, five of the smaller ones came cropped; whoever printed them did something funky and pretty much chopped off the scoreboard. The company that I ordered from truly has great customer service, so they have 5 replacements on the way.
The cool thing about having the cropped ones is that I could test something out without worrying about damaging them. I've sprayed each with a fixative, and then coated them with a clear acrylic gel, which gives each print a more painterly look and adds protection. It also ensures that each is unique since they all have individual and personally applied brushstrokes. They'll be signed on front and back, but not numbered (since I am having to stagger the orders, and since there really are none that are exactly the same), but will be listed as "series one", "series two", etc.
Respecting DBR's wishes to not link to one's own site for sales, if you PM me I can give you a link with which to place secure orders through my Shopify site. I can only order a limited number at one time (since I'm officially now a starving artist and quit my day job), so if the size you want is out of stock, be patient and know that I will have replacements on the way.

And, as owner of the original who gave it to my wife for Christmas, her reaction and those of our friends and family have been amazing/love it/awesome/cool/great gift/wow and when are viewing hours? (Full disclosure: I am a friend of CB&B's and he did give me a couple pounds of the TB'CC almost-award-winning 'cue to say that but it's still a fabulous painting and gift purchase and yes, I will order a couple prints for our two younger Duke grad children and their Duke Div grad spouses ;) .)