PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call: Pinstripe Bowl

OldPhiKap
12-13-2015, 07:56 PM
Not getting the sense that we have a big DBR presence planning to go. Hope I am wrong.

Who else is in?

Bowls are a heck of a lot of fun. NYC at Christmas is magical. Chance to buy OPK a drink at the game, well, that there's just damn priceless.

You know you want to be there. You know you should be there. Weekend in The City, good for you and your loved ones. Get off the fence, see you there!

mbird30
12-13-2015, 09:10 PM
I'm headed

duke74
12-13-2015, 09:20 PM
Not going to the game, but live in NYC...if anyone's arranging a meet-up, I'll try to get there.

Avvocato
12-13-2015, 09:31 PM
I'll be there.

OZZIE4DUKE
12-14-2015, 06:54 AM
We'll be there this weekend for the Bball game. Just can't go back again the following weekend. LGD GTHc!

budwom
12-14-2015, 08:47 AM
Not getting the sense that we have a big DBR presence planning to go. Hope I am wrong.

Who else is in?

Bowls are a heck of a lot of fun. NYC at Christmas is magical. Chance to buy OPK a drink at the game, well, that there's just damn priceless.

You know you want to be there. You know you should be there. Weekend in The City, good for you and your loved ones. Get off the fence, see you there!

I'll definitely be there...but in typical Iron Duke fashion (don't get me started...uh oh, I am started) the location for the post game party is yet to be determined.
I'm not sure how many folks want to commit $75 per person for a party for which there is no location (yet). I'm not a huge fan of hanging out in the Bronx...maybe at
some point they'll actually decide...
OPK: do you know your section yet?

p.s. I just sent them a note, I should have a response by January 1 I believe...

OldPhiKap
12-14-2015, 08:51 AM
I'll definitely be there...but in typical Iron Duke fashion (don't get me started...uh oh, I am started) the location for the post game party is yet to be determined.
I'm not sure how many folks want to commit $75 per person for a party for which there is no location (yet). I'm not a huge fan of hanging out in the Bronx...maybe at
some point they'll actually decide...
OPK: do you know your section yet?

Agree on the first part. I expect my post-game party to be somewhere back in Manhattan.

Not sure of seats yet, they are through Iron Duke so somewhere in our section. Will update or PM you when ascertained.

budwom
12-14-2015, 09:06 AM
Agree on the first part. I expect my post-game party to be somewhere back in Manhattan.

Not sure of seats yet, they are through Iron Duke so somewhere in our section. Will update or PM you when ascertained.

We, too are planning on post game in Manhattan...perhaps if we win, the team hotel (presumably mid town) would be fun and appropriate.

Thurber Whyte
12-14-2015, 10:11 PM
We'll be there this weekend for the Bball game. Just can't go back again the following weekend. LGD GTHc!

Fortunately, I am a little closer to New York and can get to both. My plan for the Pinstripe Bowl is to take the train in that morning, go to the pregame party, stay for the after party and take a late train back to Baltimore.

DU82
12-14-2015, 10:13 PM
Thirteenth game of the year for me. Commute from NJ and my sister's for both the BBall and football games.

-bdbd
12-15-2015, 12:25 AM
We'll be there. Got our 5 tix through Duke. Seats are good for once, for a bowl game through the school - still talk about Atlanta and sitting right behind the goal posts. These are right along the first-base line, not far up at all. (Duke seats are generally from the first-base dugout - 30 yard line area - through midfield and out towards the right-field bleachers/end-zone area). Still debating the Duke pre-game party. With the size of my family, that could add up. Hotel for a couple nights is already a killer... Really looking forward to NYC though. :D

Let us know if there's a DBR gathering afterwards...

msdukie
12-15-2015, 12:25 AM
I'll be there.

BLPOG
12-15-2015, 09:22 AM
I'll be there along with several other alumni.

duke79
12-15-2015, 02:49 PM

Who else is in?

Interestingly, I got a robo-call from the Duke athletic department yesterday at my house. The football captain was exhorting Duke alumni to attend the game. I assume they selected alumni within a certain geographic distance from NYC (I'm about 2.5 hours - either driving or by train - north of NYC) for the calls. Did anyone receive one?

I'm thinking about trying to go down to the game. Would love to see the game in person.

BLPOG
12-15-2015, 02:59 PM
Interestingly, I got a robo-call from the Duke athletic department yesterday at my house. The football captain was exhorting Duke alumni to attend the game. I assume they selected alumni within a certain geographic distance from NYC (I'm about 2.5 hours - either driving or by train - north of NYC) for the calls. Did anyone receive one?

I'm thinking about trying to go down to the game. Would love to see the game in person.

I received the Matt Skura robo-call as well. I'm not sure if it's based on distance, but I'm in the DC metro area.

luvdahops
12-15-2015, 06:43 PM
I will be there with my wife and three children. Went for the 200 level tickets with Delta Sky Suite access to get both some elevation, and relief from the elements if needed.

DU82
12-15-2015, 10:11 PM
I'm guessing the Robo-Call went to anybody who ordered tickets for the Duke-Utah game, or football season ticket holders, or all Iron Dukes in general. Pick one. (Trying to think of other categories I fit in.)

(Better than the robo-call I got last year from that sartorial wonder, Sylvia Hatchell, begging me to buy cheater WBB tickets. That horror resulted from having ordered tickets on their web page before to see the Blue Devils wipe them out. Long shower after that order. Which reminds me to hold my nose and do the same soon.)

nyesq83
12-16-2015, 02:22 PM
Suddenly my decision to save some money and avoid the Richmond VA-to-NYC-and-back traffic is looking a little better.

I will be watching intently on the teevee, though.

msdukie
12-16-2015, 11:38 PM
Matt Skura robe-called both my father and I separately in Tampa as well yesterday. Pretty sure all the Iron Dukes, people who bought football tickets, etc. got the call.

Henderson
12-17-2015, 12:09 AM
I expect my post-game party to be somewhere back in Manhattan.

Will a tattoo artist be present? I mean it ain't exactly Juarez, but still....

OldPhiKap
12-17-2015, 06:46 AM
Will a tattoo artist be present? I mean it ain't exactly Juarez, but still...

I'm told that the best place to get a tat in/near The Ciry is Rikers Island but srill doing my due diligence on the subject.

Reilly
12-19-2015, 12:00 AM
I'm in.