PDA

View Full Version : And the trend continues

DBFAN
12-07-2015, 02:09 PM
2 weeks in a row, despite doing nothing but winning Duke falls in AP. and to top it off UNC jumps up 6 spots

wilko
12-07-2015, 02:17 PM
I'm not at all mad about this...
We have room for improvement AND we can fly under the radar while doing it.... Two wins in a row.

DoubleDuke Dad
12-07-2015, 02:19 PM
2 weeks in a row, despite doing nothing but winning Duke falls in AP. and to top it off UNC jumps up 6 spots

I guess there is only one way we can go up in the AP poll - we have to lose! (We went up one position in the poll the week we lost to Kentucky.)

Olympic Fan
12-07-2015, 02:20 PM
So what ... if it were football and this was the CFP poll, I'd be upset.

I think it's kind of funny.

Keep an eye out -- we don't play this week, but if No. 9 Villanova beats Oklahoma tonight (and LaSalle Sunday), they'll jump us too ... although Oklahoma would fall below us.

If it bothers you, we did move up a spot to No. 5 in the coaches poll.

DBFAN
12-07-2015, 02:20 PM
I would imagine most teams can say that. And it's not 2 wins. This has happened for 2 straight weeks. And this week with Duke beating Indiana with their best performance to date, dropping makes no sense.

wilson
12-07-2015, 02:22 PM
I would imagine most teams can say that. And it's not 2 wins. This has happened for 2 straight weeks. And this week with Duke beating Indiana with their best performance to date, dropping makes no sense.I'm with you that it doesn't make any sense, but it also doesn't make any difference.

DBFAN
12-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Well yeah I agree about not making a real difference. But it is insulting to the players

DBFAN
12-07-2015, 02:28 PM
With Duke being off this week might not even be in top 25 next week 😎

wilson
12-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Well yeah I agree about not making a real difference. But it is insulting to the playersWell yeah, I guess so, but I guarantee that if you asked them about it, every one of them would say something along the lines of, "We don't pay much attention to that stuff. We know that if we take care of business on the court, everything will work out fine." And they would be correct in saying this.

Ichabod Drain
12-07-2015, 02:31 PM
I would imagine most teams can say that. And it's not 2 wins. This has happened for 2 straight weeks. And this week with Duke beating Indiana with their best performance to date, dropping makes no sense.

Best offensive performance to date. We did give up 1.2 PPP to IU. Granted they are a very good offensive team but that's still above their average for the season.

i think #8 is about right for Duke at this point in the season.

duke blue brewcrew
12-07-2015, 02:31 PM

I'm typically not that bent out of shape about early season rankings. However, to your point, Duke didn't just win two in a row, they BLEW OUT their opponent both times and fell in the polls...wth???

CameronBornAndBred
12-07-2015, 02:32 PM
So what ... if it were football and this was the CFP poll, I'd be upset.

I think it's kind of funny.

Keep an eye out -- we don't play this week, but if No. 9 Villanova beats Oklahoma tonight (and LaSalle Sunday), they'll jump us too ... although Oklahoma would fall below us.

If it bothers you, we did move up a spot to No. 5 in the coaches poll.
Actually stayed at 5 from week 4.
The Heels earned the jump, they beat #2 team and got their best player back. Not surprising to see them with two #1 votes as well. I hope both of us are top 5 by the time we play. (And that we beat them so badly they get booted out of the top 10.)

Wander
12-07-2015, 02:32 PM
I think you're in too much of a BCS-era football mentality of ranking teams, which is just:

1. Start with some preseason rankings
2. Blindly drop any team that loses a few spots
3. Do nothing else ever

It's a horrible way to rank teams that takes nothing into account about quality of opponents. The only reason we dropped this week is because UNC had a (probably) better opponent in the ACC/Big 10 challenge than we did, and because the voters are probably giving them a little bit of credit for their most important player coming back and playing well. It shouldn't be viewed as an indictment of anything we did.

COYS
12-07-2015, 02:33 PM

While I hate defending the Holes, I think the voters are probably reacting to the return of Marcus Paige and who they beat (the number 2 team). Those same voters probably didn't pay full attention to the fact that he was missing when they lost earlier in the season. Besides, it'll just make it all the more devastating for fans of the Sheep when they lose to an unranked team.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
12-07-2015, 02:38 PM
Okay, this is officially the last of these ranking complaint threads I will post in.

Rankings are dumb. December rankings are even dumber.

DBFAN
12-07-2015, 02:39 PM
I hear what everyone saying with UNC. The prob is this is a basketball poll and not football. We already have a tourney in place. And if we are gonna start rewarding teams in polls because they got slated against a better team in the Big 10 challenge then why even drop them in the first place. Since Duke has done nothing but win, and keep getting better this logic makes no sense. What's the diff in beating Maryland by a few, and Duke blowing the doors off Indiana. In perspective they both did what they were supposed to do. Except one got rewarded, and one got punished for the second week in a row. I understand that polls are meaningless to a certain degree but what does it matter what month it is. What if we keep winning but our schedule isn't as hard because a few teams have some injured players. Do the pollsters still keep continuing with this approach. Because if it's late Feb, March out ranking makes a huge difference in our seed for the tourney.

DBFAN
12-07-2015, 02:47 PM
While I hate defending the Holes, I think the voters are probably reacting to the return of Marcus Paige and who they beat (the number 2 team). Those same voters probably didn't pay full attention to the fact that he was missing when they lost earlier in the season. Besides, it'll just make it all the more devastating for fans of the Sheep when they lose to an unranked team.

Maybe but they can just say Paige still not 100% and it won't matter. Of course I'm being sarcastic....or am I

DBFAN
12-07-2015, 02:55 PM
Well yeah, I guess so, but I guarantee that if you asked them about it, every one of them would say something along the lines of, "We don't pay much attention to that stuff. We know that if we take care of business on the court, everything will work out fine." And they would be correct in saying this.

And I agree you would get that answer. But I also guarantee those 18 and 19 year olds would be lying. And they would only be giving the stock answer they are told to give

NYBri
12-07-2015, 03:02 PM
Need to concentrate on the team's progress on the court and not worry about progress in the polls.

I like what I'm seeing from the individual players and the way K is learning about what he has and how best to use them. I think this team is still a huge work in progress and will be for quite some time. Fun to watch in a completely different way than last year's edition. We are in for some surprising games since we have so much talent, any part of which can explode on any given night.

I'll worry about the polls come selection Sunday, but not now. Just enjoying the ride.

Olympic Fan
12-07-2015, 03:03 PM
One positive development in this week's poll -- Utah moved back in the rankings -- No. 25 in AP and No. 24 in the coaches poll.

Before we play them on Dec. 19, they have a tough test Saturday at Wichita State (which has struggled a bit with Van Vleet out ... no sure of his status). If Utah can win that one, they'll be ranked when we play them in the Meadowlands.

DBFAN
12-07-2015, 03:06 PM
Ok I'm done complaining just hate when good things happen to that other team down the road. 😜

CDu
12-07-2015, 03:09 PM
One positive development in this week's poll -- Utah moved back in the rankings -- No. 25 in AP and No. 24 in the coaches poll.

Before we play them on Dec. 19, they have a tough test Saturday at Wichita State (which has struggled a bit with Van Vleet out ... no sure of his status). If Utah can win that one, they'll be ranked when we play them in the Meadowlands.

True, although if one doesn't worry about Duke's ranking in early December (and I don't), one probably should also not worry about Duke's opponents' rankings in early December (and I don't). LSU was thought to be one of the 25 best teams in the country (just 2 weeks ago). They clearly are not. Still too early to know whether or not those back-end-of-the-top-25 teams are for real or not.

sagegrouse
12-07-2015, 03:15 PM
In addition to the AP and Coaches' ranking not mattering much this time of year, we also have the fact that the groupings are closely bunched within portion of the Top Ten, so the differences are less than they appear.

AP Poll

Rk. Ave. Team
1 1.1 Michigan State (62)
2 3.8 Kansas (1)
3 4.1 North Carolina (2)
4 5.3 Iowa State
5 5.6 Kentucky
6 6.0 Maryland
7 6.3 Oklahoma
8 6.9 Duke
9 7.1 Villanova
10 10.6 Virginia
The ave. represents the total points in the voting, which are then converted to an average ranking. Note that between #2 Iowa State and #9 Villanova there and only 3.3 places different in average ranking.

And the Coaches' Poll:

Rk. Ave. Team
1 1.3 Michigan State (26)
2 4.5 Iowa State (2)
3 5.6 North Carolina
4 5.8 Kentucky
5 6.0 Duke
6 6.2 Villanova (2)
7 6.2 Kansas
8 6.5 Oklahoma
9 6.6 Maryland (1)
10 9.8 Virginia

The Coaches' Poll is even more bunched. Between #3 UNC and #9 Maryland, there only 0.9 differences in average ranking by the individual voters.

Note, however, that Michigan State is the clear #1 choice in both polls.

DBFAN
12-07-2015, 03:27 PM
It's just frustrating to try and figure out the logic of these people. I mean by this Logic of who they beat then UK should have never been number 1 last year with the wretched schedule of the SEC. and i would think most of us don't believe that. They were more than worthy. of the 1 for most of the year

Troublemaker
12-07-2015, 03:39 PM

I'd like to see Villanova lose tonight. For those that like to think waaay ahead such that their thinking likely becomes moot later, Villanova is a competitor to Duke for the East #1 seed. We saw last season that the committee has no problem giving the Wildcats a #1 seed, even the number-two overall 1 seed behind Kentucky. This season, they're projected to be #2 in the RPI at the end of the season (http://www.rpiforecast.com/index2.html) (using Sagarin to play out the season). Let's see them lose a few times.

Bob Green
12-07-2015, 04:46 PM
It's just frustrating to try and figure out the logic of these people.

Don't waste your time trying, the average fan on the average message board spends more time analyzing teams and rankings than the folks doing the voting.

porkpa
12-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Its not even January yet. What does it matter?

ncexnyc
12-07-2015, 06:13 PM
I'm not sure why the poll rankings upset some people.

Yes, we did blow Indiana out, but the Buffalo game, while a very comfortable win wasn't all that impressive.

If you feel otherwise about the Buffalo game, then maybe you'd care to explain why the post game thread barely managed only two pages into Sunday afternoon and only now has managed to hit three pages.

If our own fanbase isn't impressed enough to write about the game, then I can't fault the pollsters.

-jk
12-07-2015, 06:16 PM
Its not even January yet. What does it matter?

I kinda like flying under the radar...

Of course, the dork polls (http://masseyratings.com/cb/compare.htm) - including Kenpom (http://kenpom.com/) - have us at #3. (Though I suspect most of them are still pre-loaded with last year's championship.)

-jk

uh_no
12-07-2015, 06:30 PM

Of course, the dork polls (http://masseyratings.com/cb/compare.htm) - including Kenpom (http://kenpom.com/) - have us at #3. (Though I suspect most of them are still pre-loaded with last year's championship.)

-jk

I prefer to think of it as being pre-loaded with the greatness that is grayson allen.

DBFAN
12-07-2015, 06:37 PM
I'm not sure why the poll rankings upset some people.

Yes, we did blow Indiana out, but the Buffalo game, while a very comfortable win wasn't all that impressive.

If you feel otherwise about the Buffalo game, then maybe you'd care to explain why the post game thread barely managed only two pages into Sunday afternoon and only now has managed to hit three pages.

If our own fanbase isn't impressed enough to write about the game, then I can't fault the pollsters.

Not sure if that works. Since Duke has dropped 2 STRAIGHT WEEKS, are you then saying that all of the teams in front of us ALL played amazing spectacular games. Also fail to see how fans not being that excited about a game against Buffalo is somehow indicative of how Duke played and where they should be ranked. Maybe that had more to do with it being a 12:30 game on a Sunday. I would imagine most die hard NFL fans were more focused on their football team on that day. Ranking them because they only won by 20 instead of 30 like they did against Indiana, sounds a lot like College Football to me

uh_no
12-07-2015, 06:57 PM
Not sure if that works. Since Duke has dropped 2 STRAIGHT WEEKS, are you then saying that all of the teams in front of us ALL played amazing spectacular games. Also fail to see how fans not being that excited about a game against Buffalo is somehow indicative of how Duke played and where they should be ranked. Maybe that had more to do with it being a 12:30 game on a Sunday. I would imagine most die hard NFL fans were more focused on their football team on that day. Ranking them because they only won by 20 instead of 30 like they did against Indiana, sounds a lot like College Football to me

as has been said, you've already thought way more about this than any of the voters.

they couldn't care less other than maybe the top 1 or 2 teams.

Do you think they bat an eye whether they have the exact ordering 6-10 down? Heck if I were a voter, I'd let kids pick the 10-25 ordering based on mascots.

We dropped from 7 to 8 because UNC demonstrated they're clearly a lot better than their one loss now that paige is back.

As has also been mentioned before, you can't look directly at the final polls and assume any sort of logic. It's possible that no single voter voted us lower this week, but we dropped if some other team (UNC or OU) went up in the rankings and we did not. And even then, it still wouldn't matter one bit.

Olympic Fan
12-07-2015, 07:16 PM
Gary Parrish of CBS Sports has a long-running feature titled "Poll Attacks" in which he analyzes and blasts voters who make stupid, thoughtless picks.

This week, Duke's slow fall doesn't evoke a comment (maybe because he has Duke No. 9 in his poll), but he does point out a Kansas City-based radio announcer who has Kansas No. 1 and Michigan State -- the unbeaten team that beat Kansas on a neutral court -- at No. 6. he also notes that one of the coaches has Michigan State (which has three top 25 wins and no losses) as the No. 13 team, although the coaches votes are not identified.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25404843/poll-attacks-one-ap-voter-has-five-teams-ranked-ahead-of-michigan-state

There are ALWAYS stupid, thoughtless voters. I don't think the Duke drop is anywhere near close to the most stupid, thoughtless votes you'll see every week.

Look at is this way -- Duke was No. 7 last week. Four of the six teams ahead of Duke won ... you wouldn't expect Duke to jump them -- all four are unbeaten.

Two teams ahead of Duke lost -- but should Kentucky (which beat Duke), drop all the way from 1 tro below Duke at 7 or 8? And Maryland, which was 2, lost on the road to another top 10 team. I think their fall to six is reasonable.

The one and only change in the ranking from Duke's point of view is that UNC jumped from 9 to three -- over Kentucky and Maryland, which lost, but also over Oklahoma, Duke and Villanova (we're crying about going from 7 to 8 ... Nova went from 8 to 9 without losing). Was the jump of UNC reasonable? I think you could make that argument -- they only dropped because they had to play without their best player and his return obviously made a difference as they beat the No. 2 team. If you thought UNC was preseason No. 1 before they lost Paige (I didn't, but many did), then when you see that he's back and they're playing well, then it makes sense to move them up.

Like I say, there are a lot more idiotic things in the poll than that.

moonpie23
12-07-2015, 09:12 PM
it matters not to me to be floating around in the lower top 10....that's fine....it's just a number...

win our games, get better....and get ready....

wavedukefan70s
12-07-2015, 09:18 PM
We need to drop to around 12 to 15 .so that when we beat UNC it will be that much better.
Oh the meltdowns on the ic will be epic😀

DBFAN
12-07-2015, 09:42 PM
Gary Parrish of CBS Sports has a long-running feature titled "Poll Attacks" in which he analyzes and blasts voters who make stupid, thoughtless picks.

This week, Duke's slow fall doesn't evoke a comment (maybe because he has Duke No. 9 in his poll), but he does point out a Kansas City-based radio announcer who has Kansas No. 1 and Michigan State -- the unbeaten team that beat Kansas on a neutral court -- at No. 6. he also notes that one of the coaches has Michigan State (which has three top 25 wins and no losses) as the No. 13 team, although the coaches votes are not identified.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25404843/poll-attacks-one-ap-voter-has-five-teams-ranked-ahead-of-michigan-state

There are ALWAYS stupid, thoughtless voters. I don't think the Duke drop is anywhere near close to the most stupid, thoughtless votes you'll see every week.

Look at is this way -- Duke was No. 7 last week. Four of the six teams ahead of Duke won ... you wouldn't expect Duke to jump them -- all four are unbeaten.

Two teams ahead of Duke lost -- but should Kentucky (which beat Duke), drop all the way from 1 tro below Duke at 7 or 8? And Maryland, which was 2, lost on the road to another top 10 team. I think their fall to six is reasonable.

The one and only change in the ranking from Duke's point of view is that UNC jumped from 9 to three -- over Kentucky and Maryland, which lost, but also over Oklahoma, Duke and Villanova (we're crying about going from 7 to 8 ... Nova went from 8 to 9 without losing). Was the jump of UNC reasonable? I think you could make that argument -- they only dropped because they had to play without their best player and his return obviously made a difference as they beat the No. 2 team. If you thought UNC was preseason No. 1 before they lost Paige (I didn't, but many did), then when you see that he's back and they're playing well, then it makes sense to move them up.

Like I say, there are a lot more idiotic things in the poll than that.

I agree with what you are saying but what I'm really trying to point out is that Duke has dropped 2 weeks in a row, without a loss to make sense of it. Just frustrating to try and see what their reasons are for it. I can see all the other points everyone is making but with each there is a contradiction to it. That is the only reason I am complaining. For Example.. Does the win over Georgetown hold no weight considering the wins they have. Their wins are just as impressive as any Win Maryland has, yet the most common justification for UNC is they beat MD, so the jump is justified. I mean don't get me wrong I'm not losing any sleep over this, just seems to me that even having a poll, is pointless

cf-62
12-07-2015, 11:14 PM
I agree with what you are saying but what I'm really trying to point out is that Duke has dropped 2 weeks in a row, without a loss to make sense of it. Just frustrating to try and see what their reasons are for it. I can see all the other points everyone is making but with each there is a contradiction to it. That is the only reason I am complaining. For Example.. Does the win over Georgetown hold no weight considering the wins they have. Their wins are just as impressive as any Win Maryland has, yet the most common justification for UNC is they beat MD, so the jump is justified. I mean don't get me wrong I'm not losing any sleep over this, just seems to me that even having a poll, is pointless

Dude, you have to stop. Just STOP!

Polls don't matter. Our team doesn't care. The NCAA committee doesn't care either. It doesn't matter what the AP ranking is. Other things matter. If you really want to worry about something that will have an impact on our seeding, lament over the use of RPI as an arbiter.

Or the fact that there are three regional sites within 500 miles of each other, meaning that Kentucky, Iowa State, Michigan State, UNC, Duke, Maryland, Virginia, and Villanova will all be playing each other, while somebody gets to go out to Anaheim and play a road game against Arizona.

I, for one, like to SEE the polls reflect how teams are playing, not who has gone the longest without losing. I don't even pay attention to the AP poll. Sportswriters have agendas. I prefer the coaches poll. And we're holding steady there.

Of more importance is that we are #4 in Kenpom -- an indicator of how well we'll play over the course of the year. And our defense will continue to improve (currently, we're 33rd, which is scary. Last year, I think we were in the triple digits defensively at this time).

And, seriously, PLEASE PLEASE don't try to explain AGAIN what you're whining about. It's a poll - not seeding.

ChillinDuke
12-07-2015, 11:39 PM

There need to be polls; they aren't pointless. Casual fans that don't watch every game nor have a particular favorite team need a quick-hitting reference so that they can be informed generally without having to do the research. Do you dislike travel guides too just because your favorite restaurant isn't included?

If you can understand the logic for why we'd fall in any given week (as has been explained), then you should be able to understand why we can fall in two given weeks.

The point is: Duke is a Top 10 team right now. Reading any more into the polls than that is a futile exercise.

- Chillin

blUDAYvil
12-08-2015, 07:51 AM
It's possible that no single voter voted us lower this week, but we dropped if some other team (UNC or OU) went up in the rankings and we did not.

To me the most interesting comment in this thread so far. I'm not that familiar with how they tally the votes - can you explain or give an example of how this is possible? i.e. if every voter leaves Duke's ranking intact in their ballot, how changes to ranking of other teams can push Duke down?

Ima Facultiwyfe
12-08-2015, 08:07 AM
It's all just practice until March. Go Duke!

Love, Ima

uh_no
12-08-2015, 09:25 AM
To me the most interesting comment in this thread so far. I'm not that familiar with how they tally the votes - can you explain or give an example of how this is possible? i.e. if every voter leaves Duke's ranking intact in their ballot, how changes to ranking of other teams can push Duke down?

The votes are something like 25 for first down to 1 for 25th, and they're simply summed across all voters.

Imagine the following situation (XX represents "some other team")

Week 1:
voter 1

XX
OU(2)
Duke(1)
XX

voter 2

XX
Duke(2)
OU(1)
XX

voter 3

XX
Duke(2)
OU(1)
XX

Duke 5 votes
OU 4 votes

Week 2:

Voter 1 has OU pass a couple of teams who might have lost, voters 2 and 3 vote the same
OU (4)
XX
XX
Duke(1)

OU 6 votes
Duke 5 votes

No individual voter has moved duke down, but OU has jumped duke in the rankings. Time to get the pitchforks. This demonstrates why it's so absolutely insane to worry about our absolute ranking without considering how individual voters voted. People complain about weird things that happen in the poll, and this is one of the main reasons they happen. Voters individually may be making separate, consistent votes, but when tallied, they yield indefensible results.

TL;DR: stop complaining about the polls. they don't get together and decide to screw duke, sometimes it just happens.

sagegrouse
12-08-2015, 09:38 AM

See my table above. Imagine that the votes are redistributed to put more teams just above Duke. For example, Duke is #8 with 1,243 votes. Villanova is next with 1,230. There are 65 voters: all 65 rank Duke the same, but 14 of the voters rank Villanova higher and one of the higher-ranked teams lower.

JohnJ
12-08-2015, 09:45 AM
Except Duke lost 10 pets beween last week and this week (1253 vs. 1243). So some people did vote Duke lower.

uh_no
12-08-2015, 10:38 AM
Except Duke lost 10 pets beween last week and this week (1253 vs. 1243). So some people did vote Duke lower.

10 points out of 1200? we're complaining about <1% change? really? That's within "oops we miscounted the votes range." Call the overseer over....we might have a few hanging chads! Maybe they were using butterfly ballots and really meant to vote for Al Gore!

There are 65 voters. 10 of them voted us one place lower. 55 didn't. I'd say 20% of writers are wackos anyway!

MCFinARL
12-08-2015, 10:55 AM

-jk

As of this morning, Duke is #4 on Kenpom--but here is the interesting thing. Purdue and Virginia are ranked #2 and #3 with the same Pythagorean rating--.9333. Duke is #4 with a rating of #9328. The fifth place team is a fair amount lower at .9261.

So essentially, for KenPom purposes, there is a cluster of three teams behind number 1 (currently Oklahoma at .9396, if you were wondering).

CameronBornAndBred
12-08-2015, 11:34 AM
In the only pointless poll that truly matters, Joe Lunardi has moved us up to a one seed in his Bracketology.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Olympic Fan
12-08-2015, 11:39 AM
And, in the pointless poll that DOES matter, Duke has moved up to No. 8 in the RPI:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi/_/sort/RPI

It's still very volatile ... UNC is No. 1, but Valpo is No. 2 ...

Not sure the next four games will help us much there. Utah is a top 50 team, but our other three pre-ACC opponents are all dogs in the RPI.

uh_no
12-08-2015, 12:12 PM
And, in the pointless poll that DOES matter, Duke has moved up to No. 8 in the RPI:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi/_/sort/RPI

It's still very volatile ... UNC is No. 1, but Valpo is No. 2 ...

Not sure the next four games will help us much there. Utah is a top 50 team, but our other three pre-ACC opponents are all dogs in the RPI.

I'm not too concerned. the SOS will shoot way up come ACC season.

westwall
12-08-2015, 12:19 PM
I'd like to see Villanova lose tonight. Villanova is a competitor to Duke for the East #1 seed.

It was Oklahoma in a blowout. The two coaches who voted Villanova # 1 this week will not be doing so next week (IMHO).

Troublemaker
12-08-2015, 03:16 PM
It was Oklahoma in a blowout. The two coaches who voted Villanova # 1 this week will not be doing so next week (IMHO).

Indeed! And Lunardi apparently has 'Nova as a 3 seed after the loss in waaaay-too-early bracketology.

Kenpom also basically swapped Villanova and Oklahoma so that the Sooners are #1 now. I always thought Pomeroy was a 1-man operation, but apparently Bill Walton does some consulting for him.

CameronBornAndBred
12-12-2015, 09:07 PM
I have a feeling we'll be moving up, despite not having played a game. :cool:

CameronBornAndBred
12-14-2015, 02:00 PM
Which made it extra delicious when they fell out of the top 10 this week, dropping to 11th.
GTHC

devildeac
12-14-2015, 02:05 PM
Which made it extra delicious when they fell out of the top 10 this week, dropping to 11th.
GTHC

Yea, but they only missed the top 10 by .00001 seconds...

;)

Indoor66
12-14-2015, 02:15 PM
Yea, but they only missed the top 10 by .00001 seconds...

;)

Oh, Exalted One, how doth one express that in Swahili?

wilko
12-14-2015, 02:32 PM

What is "....with a firearm and a large bag of contraband." Alex...

Olympic Fan
12-14-2015, 02:47 PM
Interesting poll ... Duke learned its lesson and didn't win a game this week, so moved up a spot to No. 7.

Unfortunately, Duke is likely to win twice this week (well, a prohibitive favorite Tuesday and a slight favorite Saturday), so with a 2-0 week, Duke probably drops again next week.

Five ACC teams ranked -- No. 7 Duke, No. 8 Virginia, No. 11 UNC, No. 15 Miami and No. 19 Louisville.

Eight unbeatens left -- three ranked ahead of us (No. 1 Michigan State, No. 3 Oklahoma and No. 5 Iowa State). Three are ranked behind us (No. 9 Purdue, No. 10 Xavier and No. 18 SMU). South Carolina is barely out of the poll (27th in AP votes; they are No. 25 in the coaches poll). Arkansas Little Rock is getting no love.

CameronBornAndBred
12-14-2015, 02:50 PM
Interesting poll ... Duke learned its lesson and didn't win a game this week, so moved up a spot to No. 7
But they ticked off some coach by sitting out this week, and were justifiably dropped a spot as punishment.

devildeac
12-14-2015, 02:51 PM

I don't know. I didn't take that class. :o :p

(leaves door wide open for additional comments...)

MarkD83
12-14-2015, 03:37 PM
I don't know. I didn't take that class. :o :p

(leaves door wide open for additional comments...)

OK, I'll start down this rabbit hole...

I didn't either but I still got credit.