PDA

View Full Version : WBB: Duke vs (the non-cheating) Carolina

devildeac
12-06-2015, 02:48 PM
Women trail by 5 at the half, 26-31. Not shooting well but have minimized turnovers so far and trail by 3 on the boards. Went the entire half without a FT according to the espn box score while USC shot 8 :rolleyes: .

aswewere
12-06-2015, 05:10 PM
McGraw says, "You can't stop them; you have to be able to score with them."
Talking about UConn but this is true with most very good teams.

When you play the best you have to have a offense to get your best shooters open.
Our team spends the majority of there practice on the D side of the court. Points is
what the game is about and puts butts in Cameron seats.

Tappan Zee Devil
12-06-2015, 09:35 PM
McGraw says, "You can't stop them; you have to be able to score with them."
Talking about UConn but this is true with most very good teams.

When you play the best you have to have a offense to get your best shooters open.
Our team spends the majority of there practice on the D side of the court. Points is
what the game is about and puts butts in Cameron seats.

Here we go again

miramar
12-07-2015, 08:49 AM
Well, they are in the SEC, so I wouldn't be so sure.

MCFinARL
12-07-2015, 08:53 AM
Does anyone know what Coach P did to earn the technical foul late in the first half? Was she out of the coach's box, or yelling at the ref--or something else?

This was a frustrating game as, for most of it, Duke played extremely good, tough basketball (albeit helped by poor South Carolina free-throw shooting). But they let it get away with sloppy play and bad decisions late in the game.

dudog84
12-07-2015, 10:30 AM
Does anyone know what Coach P did to earn the technical foul late in the first half? Was she out of the coach's box, or yelling at the ref--or something else?

This was a frustrating game as, for most of it, Duke played extremely good, tough basketball (albeit helped by poor South Carolina free-throw shooting). But they let it get away with sloppy play and bad decisions late in the game.

I read somewhere that at that point in the quarter Duke had 8 fouls and South Carolina had 1. It looked like the officiating was bad throughout the game, but I think it went both ways. I'm not nearly an expert on such things.