PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Duke vs. Buffalo (Sat 12/5, 5:15 pm, ESPN2)

JBDuke
12-04-2015, 12:12 AM
Next up for the Blue Devils - the Buffalo Bulls. The game is in Cameron this Saturday, December 5th, at 5:15 pm - the perfect time to disrupt family dinner plans. ESPN2 will carry the broadcast. More to come...

fidel
12-04-2015, 06:51 AM
Shoulda been Hurley coming back to Cameron. It would have been great to see him in the house.

whereinthehellami
12-04-2015, 08:03 AM
10 day break after the Buffalo game before the next game as the players have exams. Feels like basketball fasting to me.

SCMatt33
12-04-2015, 08:16 AM
Shoulda been Hurley coming back to Cameron. It would have been great to see him in the house.

Given Coach K's General avoidance of scheduling games against former Blue Devils, I doubt if this game would have been scheduled if Hurley was still the coach.

fidel
12-04-2015, 03:56 PM
Given Coach K's General avoidance of scheduling games against former Blue Devils, I doubt if this game would have been scheduled if Hurley was still the coach.

I thought the same regarding avoiding scheduling from 'the tree'. But then I think it would be strange to later schedule Buffalo after they torqued with Hurley on the contract and he took off. Scheduling Duke is something of a reward for teams looking to get exposure.

Olympic Fan
12-04-2015, 04:10 PM
I thought the same regarding avoiding scheduling from 'the tree'. But then I think it would be strange to later schedule Buffalo after they torqued with Hurley on the contract and he took off. Scheduling Duke is something of a reward for teams looking to get exposure.

I checked with Mike Cragg about this (Mike helps K set up the schedules) and he said the game was scheduled AFTER Bobby has left for Arizona State. K still avoids facing his protégés when possible.

The team is trying to replace three starters off last year's 23-win team that tied for the regular season title in the Mid-American Conference (and hung with Kentucky for 30-plus minutes in Rupp).

Buffalo returns two starters off last year's team --6-3 point guard Lamonte Bearden and 6-3 swingman Jarryn Skeete. Skeete was been hurt and missed 4-5 games, but he returned for their last game (a 2-point loss to St. Bonaventure).

The Bulls are 3-3 this season against a weak schedule ... they are awfully small, usually playing four players 6-5 or smaller with two freshmen rotating at center -- one is 6-8, the other 6-10.

they've played two top 100 teams (according to Pomeroy) on the road, losing to No. 97 Old Dominion by 19 and to No. 92 St. Joe's by 22.

mattman91
12-04-2015, 04:23 PM
If you see someone wearing UNC apparel sitting in section 6, please do not stab them. I'm taking my UNC fan brother to the game tomorrow :cool:

Indoor66
12-04-2015, 04:31 PM
If you see someone wearing UNC apparel sitting in section 6, please do not stab them. I'm taking my UNC fan brother to the game tomorrow :cool:

Tell him to dress with appropriate respect. No crappy blue.:mad:

MChambers
12-04-2015, 04:33 PM
The Bulls are 3-3 this season against a weak schedule ... they are awfully small, usually playing four players 6-5 or smaller with two freshmen rotating at center -- one is 6-8, the other 6-10.
Wouldn't seem to bode well for Jeter's playing time, unless it is a very one sided game.

devildeac
12-04-2015, 07:28 PM

Make him wear a vest or a jacket at least :rolleyes: .

weezie
12-04-2015, 07:37 PM

Hhhmmmm. I'm mulling it over.

I hope you are keeping the Zima just for your Duke pals. Bro gets the Schlitz.

mattman91
12-04-2015, 08:08 PM
Hhhmmmm. I'm mulling it over.

I hope you are keeping the Zima just for your Duke pals. Bro gets the Schlitz.

Airforcedukie is the Zima keeper, but he's at some undisclosed location conducting drone strikes :cool:

My brother has agreed to wear neutral colors to the game tomorrow. He's a better man than me, I ALWAYS wear dark blue when I'm anywhere remotely close to Chapel Hill.

Bob Green
12-05-2015, 06:39 AM

It sounds like this game is an opportunity to feed the ball inside to Marshall Plumlee so he can work on his low post offensive moves. I came into the season very critical of MPIII's ability to contribute. So far he is proving me wrong. Hopefully he continues to prove me wrong. The team needs him to be a rim protector.

moonpie23
12-05-2015, 08:04 AM
my UNC fan brother

i tied 4 different language programs to try to translate this....what does this mean?

one translator suggested (seriously) that you had a real brother that was a unc fan....

ha ha...

TruBlu
12-05-2015, 08:06 AM

Not a tapered European jacket. Preferably a straight jacket.;)

devildeac
12-05-2015, 08:38 AM
i tied 4 different language programs to try to translate this...what does this mean?

one translator suggested (seriously) that you had a real brother that was a unc fan...

ha ha...

Did you try Swahili?

Or, considering it's mattman's family, maybe this:

Neals384
12-05-2015, 10:29 AM

Never mind what the brother wears. mattman better wear a bag over his head. I have to admit I have a brother who's a Hokie fan. But if he were a cheat fan, there's no way I would admit it. Not on this board.

Neals384
12-05-2015, 10:42 AM
I checked with Mike Cragg about this (Mike helps K set up the schedules) and he said the game was scheduled AFTER Bobby has left for Arizona State. K still avoids facing his protégés when possible.

The team is trying to replace three starters off last year's 23-win team that tied for the regular season title in the Mid-American Conference (and hung with Kentucky for 30-plus minutes in Rupp).

Buffalo returns two starters off last year's team --6-3 point guard Lamonte Bearden and 6-3 swingman Jarryn Skeete. Skeete was been hurt and missed 4-5 games, but he returned for their last game (a 2-point loss to St. Bonaventure).

they've played two top 100 teams (according to Pomeroy) on the road, losing to No. 97 Old Dominion by 19 and to No. 92 St. Joe's by 22.

We're trying to replace four starters. No Bull.

hallcity
12-05-2015, 10:43 AM
Maybe Buffalo owes us a return game. Isn't this the school Duke played at the "Aud" in Buffalo during Laettner's senior year?

tbyers11
12-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Maybe Buffalo owes us a return game. Isn't this the school Duke played at the "Aud" in Buffalo during Laettner's senior year?

Nah, that was Canisius. 96-60 win (http://goduke.statsgeek.com/basketball-m/games/boxscore.php?gameid=19911207).

Olympic Fan
12-05-2015, 11:46 AM

Nope, that was Canisius -- Duke won 96-60.

I was there. The crowd at the time was touted as the largest ever to attend a basketball game in Buffalo. The scene was amazing -- that was the place where the players had to escape via a window to get away from screaming fans.

Duke has never faced Buffalo before.

-jk
12-05-2015, 05:01 PM
DBR Chat (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/misc.php?do=cchatbox) is open!

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

Let's Go Duke!

-jk

riverside6
12-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Live tempo-based stats for Duke/Buffalo, starters posted...

http://www.scacchoops.com/buffalo-at-duke-basketball-live-stats-12052015