PDA

View Full Version : 30 years of McDonalds

johnb
12-03-2015, 04:42 PM
Barry Jacobs article on McDonald's All Americans reminded me of how much I like his writing (and miss the mag he used to do) but also prompted me to peruse the all time list of all americans. That led me to the astonishing fact that we have recruited at least one McD's A-A every year since 1985 (Danny Ferry and Quin Snyder). We missed in 1984 (I recall we were hot on the trail of Derrick Chievous, he of the bandaids) and got Amaker in '83 and Dawkins in '82. This is one of those astonishing though perhaps not earthshaking bits of trivia that I'd either forgotten or not previously seen.

the list: http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/mcdonalds.html

Neals384
12-04-2015, 12:06 AM
Barry Jacobs article on McDonald's All Americans reminded me of how much I like his writing (and miss the mag he used to do) but also prompted me to peruse the all time list of all americans. That led me to the astonishing fact that we have recruited at least one McD's A-A every year since 1985 (Danny Ferry and Quin Snyder). We missed in 1984 (I recall we were hot on the trail of Derrick Chievous, he of the bandaids) and got Amaker in '83 and Dawkins in '82. This is one of those astonishing though perhaps not earthshaking bits of trivia that I'd either forgotten or not previously seen.

the list: http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/mcdonalds.html

Where were you all summer when we were starved for interesting stuff to keep us going?

devildeac
12-04-2015, 07:03 AM
Where were you all summer when we were starved for interesting stuff to keep us going?

30 years of McDonalds/we were starved? I see what you did there:o .

brevity
12-04-2015, 11:18 AM
30 years of McDonald's? That can't be good for you.

This is a 31-year-old former ACC basketball player who agreed to share his medical records (but not his college transcript) on condition of anonymity:

He still has those great hands that won the 2005 national championship, but his brain is a little fried.

sagegrouse
12-04-2015, 11:19 AM
30 years of McDonald's? That can't be good for you.

This is a 31-year-old former ACC basketball player who agreed to share his medical records (but not his college transcript) on condition of anonymity:

He still has those great hands that won the 2005 national championship, but his brain is a little fried.

Great as usual, Brevity