PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Indiana (Dec 2, 2015)

JBDuke
12-03-2015, 08:31 AM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 94-74 win over Indiana?

JBDuke
12-03-2015, 08:38 AM
At least three good options tonight, IMO. Brandon Ingram had his best game on offense so far, setting a career high with 24 points, shooting 10-15, including 4-6 on 3's, and collecting 6 boards. Matt Jones set a career high with 23, going 5-11 on 3's, and playing some pretty good defense as well. But I'm giving the game ball to Amile Jefferson. Amile only scored 8 points, but he really filled up the stat sheet: 11 rebounds, 8 assists, and 3 blocks. And the numbers don't tell the entire story, as he really seemed to impact the game in many ways. His rebound contested by 3 different Hoosiers was spectacular. Ingram had a very good game, and really kept us in it early with his hot hand in the first half, especially when the rest of the team was struggling to score for a bit. But Amile gets the nod from me.

devildeac
12-03-2015, 09:33 AM
This poll needs a hockey vote where we vote for 3 ;) .

1. Ingram for asserting himself early and often.
2. Old Man Jones for the career high and good D.
3. Older Man Jefferson for 8/11/8/3.

Wanna argue with me about Jefferson? Blame K who took him out when he was oh-so-close to the rare tripel-dubbel (sic). :rolleyes:

Saratoga2
12-03-2015, 09:39 AM
Really no problem with my pick, Amile, or either Matt or Brandon. All did very well as did Grayson but to a lesser extent.

Lar77
12-03-2015, 02:57 PM
I went with Amile, because he was consistent throughout the game, made a number of plays that don't show up in stats, and was a leader. He made one block on Ferrell (I assume he got credit for it) that seemed to dissuade any further drives from Boo Boo, shutting down one of their offensive tactics.

Honorable Mentions:

Matt Jones - beyond the scoring, just a superb game and really was the leader on offense.
Brandon Ingram - a great, assertive game (before and after, he was being really talked up by Grayson)
Grayson Allen - statistically, not a big game for him. Defense was very good, although he got caught in limbo a couple of times due to poor communication. Made several plays where he didn't get an assist, but we scored because of his set up. Plus, how can his shot at the of the first half not get him some recognition.