PDA

View Full Version : ACC/B1G Ten Challenge 2008: Duke @ Purdue

thedukelamere
12-02-2015, 11:21 AM
Hey everyone, goofy questions here. Does anyone know of a good resource for archived, full-game broadcasts? My facebook timehop app reminded me that it was 7 years ago today that Dickie V spent about a minute talking about me live on ESPN…

A little backstory; in 2008 I was a Junior at Purdue. Dick had a book signing earlier in the day, so I had a chance to meet with him and let him know that I was going to be a lone diehard Dukie sitting 5 rows behind the Purdue bench. He loved that my name was actually Duke and that I had the balls to go “full Crazie” despite how nuts the campus was for the game, so he asked me to write down all of my information in case he had an opportunity to give me a shout out on air. He had his chance coming out of a timeout with about 6 minutes to play, and he let the whole world know my full name and that I was a Purdue student… It was a rough couple of weeks on campus, but between the win and getting to meet the team afterwards, I’d say it was well worth it.

One of my big regrets is not making a hard copy of the game from my DVR at the time, and now I only have screenshots from the telecast to win bar bets (attached :cool:). Any suggestions or advice on how to track down the film?

Happy Holidays!
-Duke