PDA

View Full Version : Another JamesOn Curry-type Case?

Channing
09-29-2007, 10:51 AM
this time an IU recruit, Bud Mackey. Hate to see this happen, and hope somehow there might possibly be an explanation:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3041907

JasonEvans
09-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Hey, I hope there is an explanation too, but it would have to be one doozy of an explanation to make a) skipping school b) smelling of marijuana and c) posessing cocaine not seem REALLY BAD.

Bud Mackey is a very solid recruit-- right around the top 50 in the 2008 class. I am sure Kelvin Sampson will take the appropriate and ethical... wait?!?! Kelvin Sampson... ethical?!?!? Nevermind. So long as he is not physically in jail when school starts, I am sure he will be at Indiana next season.

--Jason "was this a cheap shot at Sampson? Damn straight" Evans

kydevil
09-29-2007, 01:21 PM
I was truly shocked when this story broke. I live about 20 minutes from Bud Mackey and watched him play many high school games, including the state tournament. He has amazing talent and athleticism. I have talked to him on a couple of occassions and he seemed like a really good mature kid. I spoke with people from the school and it seems that no, one including students knew he was like this, just a really shocking story.

Hopefully this all works out and he learns from his mistakes, I wonder if Kelvin cuts the scholarship, im assuming he will wait it out and see how everything turns out.