PDA

View Full Version : DBR Podcast #36 - Tons of hoops and a bit of football too

JasonEvans
11-30-2015, 01:41 PM
https://soundcloud.com/dbrpodcast/episode-36-113015

00:00 – Devil With a Blue Dress and welcome to episode #36
00:55 – Lets talk some hoops! Sam starts by praising the upperclassmen.
03:05 – Donald and Jason think Grayson Allen is playing with a cheat code or something
7:20 – Jason wants to know the surprising thing and the disappointing thing you have seen from Duke hoops thus far. This leads to much conversation about Grayson, Duke’s zone, the slow development of the freshmen, and the thinness of the bench.
20:10 – We each reveal one “really smart” observation about Duke thus far this season. Jason talks Duke passing/assists, Donald loves Amile’s footwork, and Sam praises kids who are not stud recruits
33:10 – Reflecting back on Feb 26, 2000; the last time Duke lost a non-conference game in Cameron
35:35 – Jason leads our preview of the game with Indiana
40:30 – Sam wants to talk a bit about the strangeness that is the coaching tenure of Tom Crean at IU
44:30 – We get even further distracted, talking about college football coaching including Joe Alleva, Les Miles, and Coach Cut
46:20 – Back on track, we make some predictions on the ACC-Big Ten Challenge and talk about the games we are looking forward to watching
55:10 – Reflections on Duke’s football season and some bowl talk… including a distraction where we talk about Mark Richt being fired at Georgia and then speculate about the future of The Hat, Larry Fedora, at UNC
1:07:15 – Donald kicks off our parting shots with a shout-out to the women’s soccer team going for the national title
1:08:15 – The clock just struck midnight… and it is Donald’s 33rd birthday!
1:09:50 – Sam confesses that he does not like turkey
1:10:40 – Jason wants to talk about Jahlil Okafor’s struggles off the court in the NBA as well as how bad the Sixers stink
1:18:15 – A quick, quick shout out to some Dukies in the NBA who are kicking butt
1:19:15 – Good bye and Duke band

blazindw
12-01-2015, 11:33 AM
Today's match ups in the ACC-B1G Challenge may be the ultimate determining factor in who wins. The majority of the decent match ups we discussed will be played tonight, including Maryland-UNC. Series is tied 1-1 after Wake stole one from Rutgers on the road and Minnesota held off Clemson in a pretty good game last night.

JasonEvans
12-01-2015, 11:49 AM
Today's match ups in the ACC-B1G Challenge may be the ultimate determining factor in who wins. The majority of the decent match ups we discussed will be played tonight, including Maryland-UNC. Series is tied 1-1 after Wake stole one from Rutgers on the road and Minnesota held off Clemson in a pretty good game last night.

When I predicted the ACC would win 9-5, I was sorta counting on Clemson being better than Minnesota. I could be in danger.

And, as I stated, the one game I really want the B1G to win is VaTech-NWestern! I always root for friend of the podcast Chris Collins!

-Jason "Sam and Donald both said ACC wins 8-6, but I don't think they thought about it nearly as much as I did" Evans

blazindw
12-01-2015, 12:01 PM
When I predicted the ACC would win 9-5, I was sorta counting on Clemson being better than Minnesota. I could be in danger.

And, as I stated, the one game I really want the B1G to win is VaTech-NWestern! I always root for friend of the podcast Chris Collins!

-Jason "Sam and Donald both said ACC wins 8-6, but I don't think they thought about it nearly as much as I did" Evans

I definitely didn't. I looked at the matchups taking into account who was playing who. I too am pulling for Collins and NW as well as my allegiance to Michigan. I also picked 8-6 because I couldn't choose 7-7-1 with no one winning the Maryland-UNC game. 😊

Dev11
12-01-2015, 09:09 PM
Did I actually commit to a win total for the ACC? I feel like I skated around making a prediction, which is great sports pundit strategy for claiming to never be wrong later.

JasonEvans
12-01-2015, 10:51 PM
Did I actually commit to a win total for the ACC? I feel like I skated around making a prediction, which is great sports pundit strategy for claiming to never be wrong later.

I think you said "8... or 9."