PDA

View Full Version : Duhon arrested/suspended

CameronBornAndBred
11-30-2015, 12:44 PM
Duhon, 33, was arrested early Monday in Putnam County and charged with one count of aggravated DUI. He was booked at the jail in Barboursville, West Virginia, and later released on $1,000 bond.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/story/_/id/14259000/marshall-university-assistant-coach-chris-duhon-suspended-drunken-driving-arrest

Indoor66
11-30-2015, 12:55 PM
Chris has a history of hard partying. I hope he can straighten himself out.

sagegrouse
11-30-2015, 12:56 PM
http://espn.go.com/ncb/story/_/id/14259000/marshall-university-assistant-coach-chris-duhon-suspended-drunken-driving-arrest

Didn't know Chris was at Marshall, where he is/was working for Mike D'Antoni's brother Dan --

Chris Duhon, a former Duke player who is now an assistant men's basketball coach at Marshall, has been suspended by the school after a drunken driving arrest Monday near Huntington, West Virginia.

Billy Dat
11-30-2015, 12:59 PM
Didn't know Chris was at Marshall, where he is/was working for Mike D'Antoni's brother Dan --

They likely formed a relationship when Chris played for the D'Antoni brothers in NYC.

Tom B.
11-30-2015, 01:19 PM
Man, it has not been a good week for stories about former Duke players behind the wheel.

fuse
11-30-2015, 07:46 PM
I swear there has to be some money to be made as the paid Jiminy Cricket for sports stars and entertainers that need a handler.

HK Dukie
11-30-2015, 08:29 PM
Any lawyers out there can answer the question whether you can get a DUI (and if it would likely stick) for turning the car on in a parking lot but not driving?

Chris was clearly not having a good time, but there are alternative explanations (like trying to stay warm or listen to the radio etc) that while unlikely would not be defined as driving. At least that is how I would interpret it. Any lawyers have a more professional opinion on this?

Pghdukie
11-30-2015, 08:54 PM
The yellow Maserati let him down. As long as you have the keys to your vehicle and you are in the drivers seat, you can be cited. Up to the digression of the arresting officer

subzero02
11-30-2015, 09:08 PM
The yellow Maserati let him down. As long as you have the keys to your vehicle and you are in the drivers seat, you can be cited. Up to the digression of the arresting officer

The discretion of the officer is always a factor. In Florida, you can be cited for DUI if you are asleep in the back seat and the car keys are underneath the passenger's side doormat.

OldPhiKap
11-30-2015, 10:06 PM
Any lawyers out there can answer the question whether you can get a DUI (and if it would likely stick) for turning the car on in a parking lot but not driving?

Yes. But may depend on the wording of the applicable state's relevant criminal statute.

Generally speaking, if you put the keys in the lock and turn on the car, you are operating it even if not moving.

Better plan: call Uber.

HK Dukie
12-01-2015, 01:08 AM

Totally agree.

Kimist
12-01-2015, 10:44 AM
Totally agree.

Better Call Saul ? ? ?

MChambers
12-01-2015, 11:18 AM

Not in Barboursville, I'm afraid. But a conventional taxi would be a good choice.

Ima Facultiwyfe
12-01-2015, 10:27 PM
You were so special.
Love, Ima

miramar
12-02-2015, 08:06 AM
The discretion of the officer is always a factor. In Florida, you can be cited for DUI if you are asleep in the back seat and the car keys are underneath the passenger's side doormat.

Fortunately, I'm sure that Justise knows better so that shouldn't be a problem.

duke blue brewcrew
12-02-2015, 02:07 PM
Time and time again we see stories of well-to-do athletes, former athletes and coaches who get behind the wheel after having way too many adult beverages, when all they had to do was call a cab or hit up Uber. To quote ESPN's Chris Carter, "C'MON MAN!" I hope Duhon finds the help he needs, if alcohol and partying are overtaking his life.

camion
12-02-2015, 02:19 PM
Time and time again we see stories of well-to-do athletes, former athletes and coaches who get behind the wheel after having way too many adult beverages, when all they had to do was call a cab or hit up Uber. To quote ESPN's Chris Carter, "C'MON MAN!" I hope Duhon finds the help he needs, if alcohol and partying are overtaking his life.

When the going gets tough, the tough get behind the wheel.

It's really hard for top athletes/coaches to admit to themselves that they are in a situation that they can't handle. It goes against what they have been taught for, well, their whole lives.

Note: It's also hard for most other people to admit the same thing.

Billy Dat
12-02-2015, 02:20 PM

Duhon's track record indicates he might be a candidate for sober living. That being said, the dude was asleep/passed out in a parked car in a parking lot. The car was turned on because it was cold. I am not saying he used good judgement or didn't break any laws, but he wasn't driving the car. I don't know anything about that part of WV, but outside of most major metro areas, there is no Uber/Lyft and many cab companies stop running at midnight. I live in the suburbs outside NYC and I can't get a cab of any kind after midnight.