PDA

View Full Version : Last Days To Ship For Christmas Delivery By Fedex

Devilwin
11-29-2015, 12:28 PM
Here are the dates for getting your shipments delivered by Christmas. Please note that while we will be taking shipments after these dates, there will be no guarantee they will arrive by Christmas.
Fedex Express Overnight-December 23d
Fedex Ground ( including Home Delivery) December 16th

I will say this. Sometimes shippers tell customers that we are still guaranteeing shipments will get there by the 24th past these dates we posted.
Don't believe it. The sheer volume of packages makes it impossible, not to mention bad weather in parts of the country.
If anyone has any questions or concerns I will try to answer them for you.

Devilwin
12-13-2015, 07:08 AM
Amazon announced they will be offering free shipping and delivery by Christmas til the 19th. Don't believe it. Both UPS and Fedex are sticking to their guns, both companies have said Amazon will be fined if they overwhelm the systems again. Fedex ground has said December 16th is the last day for Christmas delivery, so get busy if you want that gift to arrive on time.
Not to say you won't get free shipping if you wait til after the 16th, you will, but don't believe it guarantees by Christmas delivery. Chances are it will make it, but don't bet the ranch on it.
Note: This is for Ground and Home Delivery service. You can still get it there if you want to pay higher express rates.

Devilwin
12-13-2015, 08:22 AM
It appears it's back to the 16th, according to Amazon's website. I believe since it happened last year, someone jumped the gun on this.

DukieInKansas
12-15-2015, 10:23 AM
Hopefully, being in a backlog of 10,000 packages in Anchorage won't delay my package too long. It has been cleared from customs since Friday with no movement since. I hope it isn't at the bottom of the stack as I'd like to get it before I leave town.

DukieInKansas
12-16-2015, 07:17 AM
Yeah! Today's update puts the package just across the state line. Delivery today or tomorrow may be possible.

Devilwin
12-16-2015, 03:15 PM
Glad to hear it. Friend of mine ordered something two weeks ago, to be shipped USPS. Two day service. Mind you, my friend lives in Greensboro, the shipper is in Roanoke, VA. After a week, he checked tracking and found out his package was in Boulder. That's in Colorado, as you know. Two days later, it's in Seattle. He got it today, a well traveled part for his motorcycle. Next time, just drive up, Brian, just take that little ride. lol
Anyway, midnight tonight is the deadline for ground shipping to arrive by Christmas without fail. After that, well, we'll see. I would venture a guess and say if you ship one by say, this Friday, you got a 60% chance of making it.
Saw where UPS is already overwhelmed, and some of our hubs are getting that way, including Raleigh. We sent some folks down there from our hub here in Kernersville to assist them. The Raleigh hub services Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and surrounding areas. So if you are in that area, be patient, they'll get it to ya.:cool:

elvis14
12-16-2015, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the shipping information Devilwin, it made a difference. I had some things hanging out in my Amazon cart that I went ahead and ordered (along with a few other sites).

Devilwin
12-16-2015, 07:30 PM
Glad to be of help.

DukieInKansas
12-17-2015, 12:31 AM
Laptop arrived today. :-)

sue71, esq
12-17-2015, 12:59 AM
Laptop arrived today. :-)

Dang, you didn't say it was a laptop. I would've stalked your front porch. ;)

DukieInKansas
12-17-2015, 01:59 AM
Dang, you didn't say it was a laptop. I would've stalked your front porch. ;)

Good thing I had it shipped to the office. Stealing packages from my porch this year would get you Little People Nativity sets, Veggie Tale Nativity sets, an infant car seat, or 6 boxes of King Arthur Gluten Free Flour mix.

sue71, esq
12-17-2015, 02:09 AM
Good thing I had it shipped to the office. Stealing packages from my porch this year would get you Little People Nativity sets, Veggie Tale Nativity sets, an infant car seat, or 6 boxes of King Arthur Gluten Free Flour mix.

Did I say I would've "stalked" your porch? Clearly I meant that I'd have guarded your front porch from malicious intruders. :rolleyes:

Devilwin
12-17-2015, 04:11 PM
Did I say I would've "stalked" your porch? Clearly I meant that I'd have guarded your front porch from malicious intruders. :rolleyes:

Like the UPS man?..lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6aIPIsUE5I:cool:

sue71, esq
12-17-2015, 05:13 PM
Like the UPS man?..lol

Get. Out. :eek:

What a tool. I hope he was fired.

DukieInKansas
12-17-2015, 05:25 PM
Like the UPS man?..lol

Get. Out. :eek:

What a tool. I hope he was fired.

And now you know why the laptop was delivered to the office. Didn't want to take a chance.