PDA

View Full Version : Terps want Duke's advice to beat UNC on 12/1/15

TerpsInACC
11-25-2015, 10:39 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. My Maryland Terrapins play North Carolina on 12/1/15 and I would appreciate Duke’s advice to beat the Tar Heels. I plan to pass on your advice to the Maryland basketball office. It sounds like Paige will be playing but I doubt he will even be at 80%. Thanks again.

Bluedevil114
11-25-2015, 10:48 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. My Maryland Terrapins play North Carolina on 12/1/15 and I would appreciate Duke’s advice to beat the Tar Heels. I plan to pass on your advice to the Maryland basketball office. It sounds like Paige will be playing but I doubt he will even be at 80%. Thanks again.

Score more points than North Carolina does and you win the game.

uh_no
11-25-2015, 10:49 PM
Avoid the meteor that I'm hoping is heading that direction

TerpsInACC
11-25-2015, 11:02 PM
Thanks for telling me that if Maryland scores more points than North Carolina, than we win the game. Looking forward to Maryland and Duke joining forces, thanks to Rasheed Sulaimon, to help defeat the Tar Heels. And let's hope Georgetown does well as they played both of us very tough.

DukeFanSince1990
11-25-2015, 11:05 PM
Shoot the 3, they cant guard it. If you put your 3rd string center in they will double him and leave 48% 3-point shooters open. Its quite amazing actually.

freshmanjs
11-25-2015, 11:05 PM
Thanks for telling me that if Maryland scores more points than North Carolina, than we win the game. Looking forward to Maryland and Duke joining forces, thanks to Rasheed Sulaimon, to help defeat the Tar Heels. And let's hope Georgetown does well as they played both of us very tough.

No thanks. This is one of the few times I might almost actually root for UNC (but not quite). Can they both lose?

elvis14
11-25-2015, 11:08 PM
No thanks. This is one of the few times I might almost actually root for UNC (but not quite). Can they both lose?

There are NO times you should root for UNCheat

Furniture
11-25-2015, 11:54 PM
Looking forward to this game and wishing you terps all the best!

BD80
11-26-2015, 03:20 AM
With a big friggin stick. The biggest you can find. Beat them brutally, savagely, and thoroughly, until there is no perceptible movement. Then beat them some more. When there are no traces left, I mean not even a trace of sheep DNA, go celebrate with one cold beer. No more, they're not worth more.

OldPhiKap
11-26-2015, 04:35 AM
With a big friggin stick. The biggest you can find. Beat them brutally, savagely, and thoroughly, until there is no perceptible movement. Then beat them some more. When there are no traces left, I mean not even a trace of sheep DNA, go celebrate with one cold beer. No more, they're not worth more.

{and then drops microphone}

NYBri
11-26-2015, 08:17 AM

Boom

Merlindevildog91
11-26-2015, 08:25 AM

QFE.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-26-2015, 08:31 AM
POTY! Well said! LGD GTHc!

CDu
11-26-2015, 08:48 AM

LOL. I am sure that the bball office willbe ecstatic to get advice from a random fan who received said advice from another group of random fans. I am sure they will value that scouting over the Terps' coaching staff's expertise.

oldnavy
11-26-2015, 09:11 AM
LOL. I am sure that the bball office willbe ecstatic to get advice from a random fan who received said advice from another group of random fans. I am sure they will value that scouting over the Terps' coaching staff's expertise.

Who are these random group of fans that you speak??

Have you not heard that this is DBR!! And we are the wisest and most knowledgable in all of basketballdom?

Getting us to agree on anything is a whole other story, but surely you do not doubt our collective worth to the basketball universe!

My advice is to get a terp fan planted behind Roy on the bench and have him yell at UNC players when they shoot FT's. Drives Roy insane! Not that Roy is a factor after the tip but it's fun to watch him blow his stack!! But make sure the terp has on BB proof clothing and eye protection in case Roy is packing!

TerpsInACC
11-26-2015, 09:14 AM

You are wrong CDu. I have been going to Terps games for years and have been in direct with the Maryland basketball coaches and players. You could see that on my Facebook page. This website has the most knowledgeable Duke fans and added advice is appreciated. I will make sure Mark Turgeon and his staff see this thread.

Troublemaker
11-26-2015, 09:24 AM
You are wrong CDu. I have been going to Terps games for years and have been in direct with the Maryland basketball coaches and players. You could see that on my Facebook page. This website has the most knowledgeable Duke fans and added advice is appreciated. I will make sure Mark Turgeon and his staff see this thread.

Let's start with: Run high-ball screens. Duke killed them last season by running high-ball screens for Tyus Jones. Northern Iowa killed them this season by running for Wes Washpun. See below. You should try it with Trimble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlbcLymbuoc

Indoor66
11-26-2015, 09:40 AM

Go to class and you will always be a winner over the cheats.

hudlow
11-26-2015, 09:42 AM
Set their dumpsters on fire.

flyingdutchdevil
11-26-2015, 10:08 AM

If Mark Turgeon takes basketball advise from a bunch of fans, Maryland has a lot more to worry about than UNC.

MChambers
11-26-2015, 10:53 AM
If Mark Turgeon takes basketball advise from a bunch of fans, Maryland has a lot more to worry about than UNC.
Maybe this is standard practice in the Big Ten, or whatever the conference is now called.

rsvman
11-26-2015, 12:57 PM
Well, there are many ways to do it, but one of the most satisfying goes like this:

Fall behind by double digits and stay that way for the vast majority of the game.

Begin an improbable comeback, preferably in the last two minutes or so.

Make every 3-pointer you toss up during that time; it helps to make it more painful if one of the made 3's comes after an obvious travel that doesn't get called.

Now, here's the tricky part: you have to get one of the UNC players to score a basket for YOUR team. It's difficult, but it can be done.

Near the end, foul a guy who's normally a fairly reliable free throw shooter, and get him to miss both shots.

On the last possession, down 2 points, force a switch on a screen way out on the right wing, so that one of their big guys is covering whichever person on your team is best at driving to the basket. Their big guy will be so worried about being burned on the drive that he'll allow your guard to shoot a 3-pointer as the clock winds down.

Ideally, have the buzzer go off while the ball is still in the air.

The 3 is nothing but net, and you win the game by one point.

Pretty simple, really.

Henderson
11-26-2015, 04:46 PM
My advice to the Terps:

1. Have a designated driver. One who doesn't do shots in the car while he waits for you to finish your shots and vomit on the curb.

2. Reject the notion that "No means yes; yes means a___." You know who you are. And the fact that there are a lot of you, or that you were drunk, is no excuse.

3. Burning stuff and chucking batteries at opposing fans and their parents is so 1990's.

That's all I got by way of advice, kids. Be safe.

P.S. Do you guys still have a turtle as a mascot? That's pretty freaking funny,

Wander
11-26-2015, 04:49 PM
Call Roy Williams and convince him to play Nate Britt and Joel James as much as possible.

Henderson
11-26-2015, 05:02 PM
Call Roy Williams and convince him to play Nate Britt and Joel James as much as possible.

If you can't convince Roy that it's time for him to retire, you can't convince him of something more substantive.

DukeDiva
11-26-2015, 06:56 PM
Use the Turtle as a distraction. Walk by and whisper to Ol' Roy that you just seen the Turtle lift Roy's hoarded Time Outs. Roy will go after the Turtle. Make sure you forewarn the Turtle, or it could get ugly. Use this time to score as it will create a great deal of confusion for the heels, if Meeks gets in the way, tell him the Turtle has a cheeseburger.

Pghdukie
11-26-2015, 07:38 PM
Terps should take Cheats to Inner Harbor for a team pep rally before the game. Give a couple of rah rah speeches, then both teams should jump in the Chesapeake and stay there

jipops
11-26-2015, 09:39 PM
Throw the book at them...or books (not batteries)...those are things the "u"nc support staff has typically worked to protect their athletes from.

SilkyJ
11-26-2015, 11:48 PM

Please supply your Facebook page. I didn't see it linked in your profile, so I'm not sure how we were supposed to know who you are or what facebook page to check and verify your bonafides.

UrinalCake
11-27-2015, 01:07 AM
Their perimeter defense is like Swiss cheese. As others have mentioned the high ball screen will allow you to mosey on into the lane, but your guards will pretty much be able to beat their man whenever they want to anyways. Inside their big men are soft as Charmin. Attack the rim and go hard after offensive boards. Sulaimon had some pretty good games against them for us, I know other fans may disagree but I'd love to see him have a monster game. He fits the Seth Curry/Scheyer/Redick mold of shooting guards that they just can't stop.

Defensively everyone knows to pack it in and let them shoot (and miss) threes. Roy loves to clog the lane with his two big men, so you don't need to worry about their guards driving because there's nowhere to go. I didn't realize Paige will be back, he can hit some shots but he's not the world-beater that everyone makes him out to be. I know Maryland has played some closer-than-expected games thus far but I really expect them to win by a decent margin.

TerpsInACC
11-27-2015, 09:09 AM
Thank you for all the comments. We all know that Duke fans take college basketball very serious and no fans know how to beat UNC more than Duke. I hope your advice makes a difference as the Maryland basketball office will be reading this. I wonder if security will check bags for batteries? How healthy do you think Paige will be? 80%? Obviously Tony Romo was not 100% when he came back for Dallas as he reinjured his same shoulder.

captmojo
11-27-2015, 09:59 AM
I'd go with staying alert for the Meteor.

Yah, Meteor!

wilson
11-27-2015, 10:33 AM
The Terps can beat it, alright.

devildeac
11-27-2015, 02:05 PM
The Terps can beat it, alright.

Or;

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcJjMnHoIBI

FerryFor50
11-27-2015, 08:01 PM
I nominate this thread for "weirdest thread ever."

This guy has to be trolling us, right?

flyingdutchdevil
11-27-2015, 08:34 PM
I nominate this thread for "weirdest thread ever."

This guy has to be trolling us, right?

He must. That is the only rational explanation.

That, or Turgeon gets his in-game strategy from passionate fans in a different conference. Or maybe TerpsintheACC IS Mark Turgeon...

moonpie23
11-28-2015, 09:19 AM
i'll be pulling for Sheed and his turtles!!!!

TerpsInACC
11-29-2015, 12:00 AM
I am absolutely not trolling this website. If I was a "troll" I would be on a North Carolina forum. I grew up an ACC fan in the Washington DC suburbs and JJ Redick is one of my all-time favorite players. I respect Coach K and wish my Terps did not go into bankruptcy and leave for the Big Ten. With that said, who knows more how to beat UNC than Duke fans? My Terps won tonight and their next game is the 12/1 showdown. The good thing is that Mark Turgeon, Rasheed Sulaimon, & Jake Layman know what it is like to play in Chapel Hill so hopefully their crowd does not wear us down like the Cameron Crazies would.

eddiehaskell
11-30-2015, 02:57 PM
No thanks. This is one of the few times I might almost actually root for UNC (but not quite). Can they both lose?NEVER think about rooting for unc.

Merlindevildog91
11-30-2015, 03:35 PM
I am absolutely not trolling this website. If I was a "troll" I would be on a North Carolina forum. I grew up an ACC fan in the Washington DC suburbs and JJ Redick is one of my all-time favorite players. I respect Coach K and wish my Terps did not go into bankruptcy and leave for the Big Ten. With that said, who knows more how to beat UNC than Duke fans? My Terps won tonight and their next game is the 12/1 showdown. The good thing is that Mark Turgeon, Rasheed Sulaimon, & Jake Layman know what it is like to play in Chapel Hill so hopefully their crowd does not wear us down like the Cameron Crazies would.

As you know, if you can pull ahead, the wine and cheese crowd will leave early for, well, wine and cheese.

All the best to you guys at sheep u.

TerpsInACC
11-30-2015, 07:11 PM
Thank you for all your comments. Sounds like Maryland hitting from three point range should be the key to focus. Also a Marcus Paige at 75% and rusty could end up hurting the team. I'll be on DBR if the Terps win. Duke beats Indiana by 20 points as Tom Crean does not have the respect of his team and the Cameron Crazies is goof for at least ten more points.