PDA

View Full Version : Prime Time With The Pacman

Devilwin
11-25-2015, 05:13 PM
Just wondered if anyone ever listened to the sports talk show "Prime Time With The Pacman". I used to call in frequently, they called me "Jerry from Greensboro". Marc Packer was the host, son of legendary announcer Billy Packer.
They used to have viewing parties for the Duke/UNC games, and I was on the Duke "Starting Five." I got on the first year, and got to be on the team for years. Only had a couple of guys drop out and be replaced over the years. Carolina's bunch was called the "Four Corners." Got free food at Jock's and Jill's, Fox and Hound, and other great places. Mark was a super guy, and we got to meet some good folks, including some former Heels and Devils.5728
Former Heel Kevin Salvadori was a great guy, took it well the 32 point beat down we laid on them that night, lol!
Just wondered if anyone else remembered the show.

OldPhiKap
11-25-2015, 05:36 PM
Just wondered if anyone ever listened to the sports talk show "Prime Time With The Pacman". I used to call in frequently, they called me "Jerry from Greensboro". Marc Packer was the host, son of legendary announcer Billy Packer.
They used to have viewing parties for the Duke/UNC games, and I was on the Duke "Starting Five." I got on the first year, and got to be on the team for years. Only had a couple of guys drop out and be replaced over the years. Carolina's bunch was called the "Four Corners." Got free food at Jock's and Jill's, Fox and Hound, and other great places. Mark was a super guy, and we got to meet some good folks, including some former Heels and Devils.5728
Former Heel Kevin Salvadori was a great guy, took it well the 32 point beat down we laid on them that night, lol!
Just wondered if anyone else remembered the show.

He has a show onSirius/XM these days as a co-host.

Devilwin
11-25-2015, 05:38 PM
Heard he did. Not sure when it comes on though.

OldPhiKap
11-25-2015, 05:51 PM
Heard he did. Not sure when it comes on though.

College Sports Today, 5-7 pm weekdays.

http://www.siriusxm.com/collegesports

Devilwin
11-25-2015, 05:59 PM

Thank you sir! I will try to catch that.
I miss the old show though, used to have epic battles with some UNC fan who called himself "Get Some Guy", lol.
And had a row with Cornbread Maxwell, who was trying to convince me JJ Redick would end up playing pick up games at the YMCA..lol

Devilwin
11-25-2015, 06:09 PM
Recently found out this dude's on my Fedex route. Recognize him?5729

crdaul
11-25-2015, 09:55 PM
Recently found out this dude's on my Fedex route. Recognize him?5729

Alaa?

devilnfla
11-25-2015, 09:56 PM
I miss the old show though, used to have epic battles with some UNC fan who called himself "Get Some Guy", lol.
And had a row with Cornbread Maxwell, who was trying to convince me JJ Redick would end up playing pick up games at the YMCA..lol

I used to listen all the time. On a side note, "Get Some Guy" died a few years ago. Not long after his passing, WFNZ had a Whinner Line segment with dedicated to him.

crdaul
11-25-2015, 10:16 PM

Cornbread had a real burr in his butt about JJ....guess he's eating a lot of crow these past few years....

Devilwin
11-26-2015, 05:15 AM
Yeah, now that you mention it, I do remember about the passing of Get Some Guy. He was funny in his madness. The guy in the second pic is Vasco Evtimov, played for UNC in the late 90's, aound the same time Salvadori did. He's a real good guy, very friendly, and takes the losses to my Devils in stride. lol

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
11-26-2015, 07:17 AM
I remember all your references from drive time when I lived in Charlotte. Not the best association, but I remember it being a well-run and entertaining local sports talk show. So glad not to spend 90 minutes a day in traffic anymore.

Devilwin
11-26-2015, 10:05 AM
Still got some gear Marc gave me with the station's logo on it. Tee shirts and stuff. I also co-hosted a quiz segment on 790 The Ball in High Point. It was called Stump The Host, and was part of the Mark Amazon Show. We gave away tickets to ball games if callers could stump host Mark Amazon and myself. It was a hoot, but sometimes we let them win, just to get rid of a backlog of tix. LOL:cool:
Me and Marc Packer 5730

nocilla
11-27-2015, 07:58 AM

It's actually 4-7 ET. Although sometimes the show ends early for basketball games or such.