PDA

View Full Version : Dano to Coach National Team

burnspbesq
11-24-2015, 07:17 PM
IL is reporting that John Danowski will be named as head coach of the US men's national lacrosse team for the cycle that culminates with the 2018 world championship.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/john-danowski-to-be-named-u-s-national-team-coach/33379

Awesome.

awhom111
11-24-2015, 09:49 PM
I for one am looking forward to the forthcoming hit piece articles. Also the debate about whether it is good or bad for recruiting.

uh_no
11-24-2015, 11:03 PM
National Coach U.

OldPhiKap
11-24-2015, 11:31 PM
Book 'em, Dano.

budwom
11-25-2015, 09:08 AM
My one bright spot watching the horrific Duke-Pitt football game (culminating in spending 11 hours in Dulles waiting for an airplane which could actually fly) came
in the last ten minutes or so when Danowski wandered into our section and sat down, giving me the opportunity to tell him how much respect I have for the way he
handles his entire program. I love the way he treats his players, how he addresses the media (no coach speak), how his teams nearly always improve greatly as
the season progresses. We're really lucky to have him (contrast him with some of the coaches of other top programs who are raving idiots).

p.s. if the government ever wants to close Guantanamo, I suggest they move the prisoners to Dulles where punitive incarceration can be had much more inexpensively.

MCFinARL
11-25-2015, 09:33 AM
I for one am looking forward to the forthcoming hit piece articles. Also the debate about whether it is good or bad for recruiting.

Could happen, for sure--although in the still rather insular world of lacrosse, it appears that folks like John Danowski so much that it tamps down the jealousy. I've never seen so much as a whisper of negative press or commentary on him. So he may not get the hit pieces.

Recruiting debate--certainly a possibility here, as in hoops--unless Coach K has simply put that argument to rest for all time.