PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Georgetown (Nov 22, 2015)

JBDuke
11-22-2015, 03:14 PM
Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their 86-84 win over Georgetown this afternoon?

CameronCrazy'11
11-22-2015, 03:20 PM
I would not mind voting for somebody else, but as long as Grayson keeps scoring 30, I have to keep voting for him.

Atldukie79
11-22-2015, 03:28 PM
Its not just Grayson's point total, it is his incredible efficiency. His stat line was off the charts. He seems so comfortable in the alpha dog role. Love it!

devildeac
11-22-2015, 03:32 PM
Wait, why 8 choices?

(kidding, kidding)

eddiehaskell
11-22-2015, 03:34 PM
Shocked at Grayson. When is the last time we've had a under the radar 4ppg player step up to lead the team like this 7 months later?

It's early but perhaps the discussion about GA going pro is justified?

jv001
11-22-2015, 03:35 PM
This one is obvious as Grayson played an excellent game. I don't know about Kennard being the 2nd coming of JJ, we may be on to something with Grayson. GoDuke!

jv001
11-22-2015, 03:40 PM
This one is obvious as Grayson played an excellent game. I don't know about Kennard being the 2nd coming of JJ, we may be on to something with Grayson. GoDuke!

Coach K just said Grayson had 32 point on 12 shots. Wow. GoDuke!

devildeac
11-22-2015, 03:47 PM
Coach K just said Grayson had 32 point on 12 shots. Wow. GoDuke!

Amazing stat. Redick-esque.

MCFinARL
11-22-2015, 03:47 PM
Grayson seems like an obvious choice, but I think Thornton needs a runner-up recognition. He made a lot of great plays today, and he seems to be learning from his mistakes (though he is still making them). And I like his attitude on the court--seems focused and intense.

eddiehaskell
11-22-2015, 03:51 PM
Let's not forget Amile's 8 rebounds. A few of those were when the game was really close.

Bob Green
11-22-2015, 03:58 PM

As I stated in CrazieTalk chat, my Grayson Allen comparison is Grant Hill. Allen is versatile and can completely take over a game.

CameronBlue
11-22-2015, 04:02 PM
The guy that led the team in assists gets my vote.

Bluedevil114
11-22-2015, 04:11 PM
In Grayson we trust. He is better than I thought he was coming into the season. Could he actually be a National Player of the Year candidate?

devildeac
11-22-2015, 04:12 PM
As I stated in CrazieTalk chat, my Grayson Allen comparison is Grant Hill. Allen is versatile and can completely take over a game.

Good comparison but I liked G. Hill's hair better;).

Jarhead
11-22-2015, 04:34 PM
Yes! Yes! Absolutely!!! I am expecting a Bobby Hurley-esque pass by Derryck Thornton to Grayson Allen's hand, like Grant Hill's hand, lingering at the top right-hand corner of the backboard for a magical dunk, maybe in the final four, or sooner.

Bay Area Duke Fan
11-22-2015, 07:55 PM
As I stated in CrazieTalk chat, my Grayson Allen comparison is Grant Hill.

Not the Grant Hill that I remember. Grant was fantastic, but his 3-point shooting wasn't close to being as good as Grayson's. Grant was a better ballhandler and a significantly better defender than Grayson.

elvis14
11-22-2015, 08:02 PM
Wow Grayson was great again today! So much fun to watch. Georgetown is not Northern Iowa, but that's a good win and a good championship anyway!

Newton_14
11-22-2015, 08:14 PM
Grayson by a large margin. He carried us in the first half when we could have gone down big, then imposed his will in half two with some dagger 3's.

The kid is in rarified air at the moment.

brevity
11-22-2015, 09:11 PM
"MOTM: Duke vs. Georgetown (Nov 22, 2105)"

One for the time capsule, I guess. It's nice to know DBR will still be around in 90 years, arguing minutes as always, seeking advice on the best Martian BBQ, still waiting for the NCAA to bring down the hammer on UNC, and grumbling about those cheating robots they recruit at Kentucky.

devildeac
11-22-2015, 10:26 PM

Grayson by a large margin. He carried us in the first half when we could have gone down big, then imposed his will in half two with some dagger 3's.

The kid is in rarified air at the moment.

I thought (think? thunk?:o) 32 points on 12 shots was indeed awesome and knew JJ had some similarly outrageous game, thinking it was vs Texas at MSG in 2005 but Newton reminded me of a UVa game in which he got 40 on 13 shots. Oh my, that's prolific. It took him 24 shots, IIRC, to get his 41 that afternoon in NYC.

NYBri
11-22-2015, 10:30 PM

One for the time capsule, I guess. It's nice to know DBR will still be around in 90 years, arguing minutes as always, seeking advice on the best Martian BBQ, still waiting for the NCAA to bring down the hammer on UNC, and grumbling about those cheating robots they recruit at Kentucky.
Internet machine won't let me spork you...so this is a public spork.

devildeac
11-22-2015, 10:41 PM

Internet machine won't let me spork you...so this is a public spork.

Covered the spread for you;).

CameronBornAndBred
11-23-2015, 10:02 AM

One for the time capsule, I guess.
I thought it was actually going to happen.

elvis14
11-23-2015, 10:02 AM
Argh! Thought we were going to finally have a unanimous MOTM poll. JNort, you have some splainin to do! :mad:

JNort
11-23-2015, 12:42 PM
Omg I didn't realize it was down to me! I would have voted for Allen just to keep it going. Never the less I still think my vote is justified. We win that game without Allen cause I think plenty of others could step up. I don't think we win without our pg stepping up

phaedrus
11-23-2015, 04:28 PM
Grayson Allen fun facts.

1. If he matches his Georgetown point total in our next game, he exceeds his total points from last year.

2. If he continues his current scoring clip for the next three seasons and we play exactly 38 games each season, he eclipses J.J.'s record in his penultimate game for Duke.

elvis14
11-23-2015, 04:41 PM
Omg I didn't realize it was down to me! I would have voted for Allen just to keep it going. Never the less I still think my vote is justified. We win that game without Allen cause I think plenty of others could step up. I don't think we win without our pg stepping up

Others could have stepped up....but Allen actually did step up to the tune of 32 points. That's not a typo, it was 32 (on 12 shots no less). Amazing game by Grayson!

jv001
11-23-2015, 05:13 PM
I'm with you, no one else stepped up for even 15 points. Beside that Grayson played well on D, rebounded well and kept his head. At this point in the season, Grayson is our best player. Now, there are other guys that are playing well. Thornton is playing the point better than most 18 year olds and without him, we don't have a true point guard. He's also playing well on D. Amile is playing hard nosed basketball and is a "man" who's not afraid to mix it up. Matt is playing well but still has a tendency to play out of control at times. He is not the answer for the#2 PG. That player will probably come out of: Kennard, Ingram or Allen. I'm hoping to see DT(that's hard to type if you remember David Thompson) cut down on his fouling and play 28-35 minutes. We really need for the real Brandon Ingram to step up. GoDuke!