PDA

View Full Version : Home Page Picture

szstark
11-22-2015, 11:35 AM
Looking at Thornton's hand position in the picture on the home page, isn't that the definition of a carry/palming violation? Certainly in the "old days" if your hand was below the equator of the ball, the call was automatic. :confused:

statik73
11-22-2015, 12:14 PM
You can't tell if he was even dribbling in that picture.

-jk
11-22-2015, 12:44 PM
Judging by how tall he's standing, I think he's not dribbling.

-jk

Isaac Sours
11-23-2015, 02:14 AM
Looking at Thornton's hand position in the picture on the home page, isn't that the definition of a carry/palming violation? Certainly in the "old days" if your hand was below the equator of the ball, the call was automatic. :confused:

It's already been said, so I'll agree that I'm not sure he's dribbling in that photo, but I am sure that carrying violations are only called if your hand (to expand on your analogy) is actually covering the South Pole of the ball. Which, IMHO, is a darn shame.

oldnavy
11-23-2015, 06:41 AM
Judging by how tall he's standing, I think he's not dribbling.

-jk

Which I would estimate at about 6 3/4 cinder blocks.... everyone knows the normal dribbling height is between 4-5 cinder blocks!

Duke76
11-23-2015, 08:09 AM
Which I would estimate at about 6 3/4 cinder blocks... everyone knows the normal dribbling height is between 4-5 cinder blocks!

perfect shooting form, straight up, perfect fingers separation, dude gets great height on his jump, love to see great shooters shoot, "it feels better to play better" dude is in a zone

MCFinARL
11-23-2015, 08:32 AM
Watching Thornton in yesterday's game, I thought his dribbling style could be at risk for an occasional palming call, if such calls were ever made. He definitely starts to roll his hand over at the top of the dribble--but it doesn't go all the way.

dukebballcamper90-91
11-23-2015, 11:43 AM
It's 2015, the game has changed. The only time that's gone be called is for a make up call.

Isaac Sours
11-23-2015, 08:41 PM
It's 2015, the game has changed. The only time that's gone be called is for a make up call.

Or if it's so ridiculous that it's basically picking the ball up with one hand and then putting it back down, e.g., you gotta keep your hand on the side or top of the ball during a spin or crossover.