Duke vs. Pittsburgh

November 12, 2015

PROBABLE

S Deondre Singleton (upper body)

QUESTIONABLE

QB Thomas Sirk (upper body)

OUT

RB Shaun Wilson (leg)

Great news that Singleton will be available. The Sirk news is interesting, is Boehme ready to fill in as a starter? Wilson will be missed, but I like the Powell/Duncan combo.

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-12-2015, 12:09 PM
The injury report can be mighty disappointing. Some opponents seem to create more injuries than others. I don't want to see Sirk's name there, but I'm glad this list is pretty short following Saturday's game.

Olympic Fan
11-12-2015, 12:15 PM
Wow, this injury report is the worst of the season because of one name.

Wilson out is tough, but we rushed for 326 yards last week without him -- Powell and a rapidly rounding into form Duncan are a great duo.

Singleton is a key player and it's nice to see him probable.

But the news that Sirk is questionable is devastating. A huge, HUGE dropoff if he can't play ... or is less than 100 percent.

Bob Green
11-12-2015, 12:19 PM
But the news that Sirk is questionable is devastating. A huge, HUGE dropoff if he can't play ... or is less than 100 percent.

This isn't what I was hoping to read when I opened up Jim's post. Wilson being out is frustrating. Sirk being questionable is potentially devastating. I hope Boehme is ready to go.

killerleft
11-12-2015, 12:58 PM
Wow, this injury report is the worst of the season because of one name.

Wilson out is tough, but we rushed for 326 yards last week without him -- Powell and a rapidly rounding into form Duncan are a great duo.

Singleton is a key player and it's nice to see him probable.

You may be right, of course. But I haven't seen enough of Parker Boehme to really know if there will be a less potent offense out there without Sirk. He seems to throw a more catchable ball on short routes than does Sirk, and seems to be accurate with his throws. Sirk is a very good runner, so probably Boehme won't match him there. The big issue for Parker is a lack of experience when it comes to decision-making.

All that said, from what we know about Cut and his quarterbacks, Sirk will play unless he's quite hampered by his injury. If he can only run, he'll still get the nod, I think.

Richard Berg
11-12-2015, 01:40 PM
Is Rahming ok? He hasn't been on any lists, but we've seen very little of him lately -- one long bomb last week (that Sirk missed badly), and only a few snaps the week before.

Alls had a break-out game against VT, but has also gone quiet.

Barring some positive answers on the QB/receiver front, I vote we give Jela 100 touches until they prove they can stop him. Keep our defense off the field, please.

Olympic Fan
11-12-2015, 01:56 PM
Is Rahming ok? He hasn't been on any lists, but we've seen very little of him lately -- one long bomb last week (that Sirk missed badly), and only a few snaps the week before.

Rahming had a catch (in the third quarter I think) that was classic Rahming -- a short catch over the middle that he danced and turned into a 26-yard gain. He looked healthy on that play, but it was his only catch since he was hurt before the Army game.

devildeac
11-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Wonder if Sirk is suffering from some form of PTSD.

Atldukie79
11-12-2015, 04:32 PM
If Sirk plays, his bruising running style may be off the table. Wow...this could be bad.

Richard Berg
11-12-2015, 05:37 PM
Rahming had a catch (in the third quarter I think) that was classic Rahming -- a short catch over the middle that he danced and turned into a 26-yard gain. He looked healthy on that play, but it was his only catch since he was hurt before the Army game.

Oh right, that one was great. I hoped to see more of the same, then he disappeared again.

chrishoke
11-12-2015, 08:18 PM
Oh right, that one was great. I hoped to see more of the same, then he disappeared again.

He was thrown to a couple of other times when it appeared to me that he ran the wrong route. Remember, he is a true freshman.

duke blue brewcrew
11-13-2015, 08:57 AM
According to the article on the front page of DBR, Sirk is Day-to-Day with an upper body injury from the UNC game, and Boehme has been getting plenty of reps in practice "just in case". Duke is at a critical point in it's season, having coughed up two consecutive L's. If the Blue Devils can overcome injuries, they can finish the regular season strong with a 3-0 run. That starts tomorrow, but will they have to do it with their back-up QB? Is Boehme up to the challenge? If Sirk is healthy enough to go, how limited will he be? Can the RB tandem of Powell and Duncan take the pressure off of the QB position regardless of who's playing? IMHO, Pitt is the type of game that Duke needs to show it can win. Granted, that task is made more difficult by injuries at some key positions on the field, but as we all know injuries are a part of the game and Pitt is not without their own. It would be a tremendous confidence builder for the Blue Devils to get this W, as they head into the home stretch and bowl season. I'm confident the Seniors will lead the way in their last home game at Wally Wade. At the beginning of the season, after looking over the schedule, I predicted a no worse than 8-4 finish. I know all Blue Devil fans want to see them do better than that. It starts tomorrow against the Pitt Panthers...LET'S GO DUKE!