PDA

View Full Version : Cameron for the first time 11/13

MikeR
11-11-2015, 03:47 PM
We're heading to Cameron for the first time on 11/13 for the game. I've read that you can tour the Stadium and take pictures on the gym floor. Is this possible to do on a game day if you are there in the morning? What time do the doors open for the game itself? Any other good tips for us 1st timers? Thanks!

uh_no
11-11-2015, 04:20 PM
We're heading to Cameron for the first time on 11/13 for the game. I've read that you can tour the Stadium and take pictures on the gym floor. Is this possible to do on a game day if you are there in the morning? What time do the doors open for the game itself? Any other good tips for us 1st timers? Thanks!

Before the game, if the doors are open, you can usually walk right in. On game day, things might be different....bus you can usually get in on the box office side...just stroll right in...if someone yells at you, you leave....but i've never had any trouble going in. Not sure if it's vastly different on game day.

the doors open for the game 1 hour before game time.

Protip: at the end of the game, head downstairs. If you go in on the student section side, you can probably walk into the student section (which should be dwindling at the end of a no-name blowout...knock on wood). The players come by and high five the student section.

That failing, you should be able to walk out after the game. About 20 minutes afterwards, we drop the ropes and you can snap pictures on the floor and whatever else you like.

-jk
11-11-2015, 04:49 PM
Check out the DBR Visitors Bureau (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/misc.php?do=page&template=DBRVisit) for more info!

-jk