PDA

View Full Version : Duke-Virginia game time set -- 3:30 pm (ESPN3 only)

Olympic Fan
11-09-2015, 02:04 PM
A sign of how far the Devils have fallen in the last two weeks -- a November game without any network availability -- just streaming on ESPN3.

The full lineup, announced a few minutes ago:

ACC Announces Game Times & Networks for Nov. 21

GREENSBORO, NC – The Atlantic Coast Conference Monday announced game times and networks for Saturday, November 21.

Saturday, Nov. 21

North Carolina at Virginia Tech, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU*, Noon

Georgia Tech at Miami, ACC Network, (split), 12:30 p.m.

Syracuse at NC State, ACC Network (split), 12:30 p.m.

Chattanooga at Florida State, RSN, 3 p.m.

Wake Forest at Clemson, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU*, 3:30 p.m.

Duke at Virginia, ESPN3, 3:30

Louisville at Pitt, ESPN2 or ESPNU, 3:30 p.m. or on ESPNews, 3:45 p.m.*

Boston College at Notre Dame at Fenway Park, Boston, Mass., NBCSN, 7:30 p.m.

*Networks and times announced after the games of Nov. 14.

All times are Eastern.

devildeac
11-09-2015, 02:26 PM
:(

Could this be next:

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/

:rolleyes:

Tom B.
11-09-2015, 02:29 PM
Maybe they'll put us on The Ocho.

Class of '94
11-09-2015, 02:55 PM
The hits keep on coming.......Who knows, maybe the Heels lose their last 3 game; and the VA game becomes must watch television....:)

Bob Green
11-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Duke at Virginia, ESPN3, 3:30

I'm glad it is a day game as I am planning to make the trip to Charlottesville.

BacchusBlue
11-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Doesn't that just mean it's a regional Fox broadcast? We get those games on Comcast SportsNet in DC, and I'm sure they are on a bunch of local sports channels. So it is being televised, right? Just not on one of the ESPN stations.

Olympic Fan
11-09-2015, 04:57 PM
Doesn't that just mean it's a regional Fox broadcast? We get those games on Comcast SportsNet in DC, and I'm sure they are on a bunch of local sports channels. So it is being televised, right? Just not on one of the ESPN stations.

No ... the ACC lists regional sports broadcasts (such as Chattanooga-FSU). The Duke-Virginia game will have no cable or over-the-air availability.

SCMatt33
11-09-2015, 06:54 PM
No ... the ACC lists regional sports broadcasts (such as Chattanooga-FSU). The Duke-Virginia game will have no cable or over-the-air availability.

I would assume it will be picked up by one of the ESPN college extra channels, for those who have it. I can't imagine that an ACC game wouldn't make the cut for one of those.

Olympic Fan
11-09-2015, 07:27 PM
I would assume it will be picked up by one of the ESPN college extra channels, for those who have it. I can't imagine that an ACC game wouldn't make the cut for one of those.

I hope you are right ... but I thought the same several earlier ESPN3 games involving ACC teams. That includes the earlier Duke-NCCU game and two earlier BC games that I wanted to see. There were showing Division II and even III games instead.

I was really frustrated last weekend. The ACC Network was split and the Time-Warner system in Durham was showing the BC State-Boston College half of the feed. I wanted to check in on the Syracuse-Louisville game, which was listed as an ESPN Extra game on my system. But when I went there, they were showing Virginia-Miami (a regional network game) instead.

There is a chance Duke-Virginia will be on ESPN extra, but I wouldn't count on it.

Bob Green
11-09-2015, 08:26 PM
Offensive guard Cody Robinson suffered another injury against UNC and his career is over:

http://www.scout.com/college/duke/story/1609586-cody-robinson-s-career-is-over