PDA

View Full Version : 2015-2016 Carolina Panthers

moonpie23
11-09-2015, 07:58 AM
last week i was pretty happy with 7-0 sandwich......this week, 8-0 casserole.........

just wow.....

dahntaysdawg
11-09-2015, 10:34 AM
Impressive. As a Patriots fan who lives in NC, I'd love to relive the feelings associated with the '03 Super Bowl.

Misunderestimated
11-09-2015, 05:34 PM
It has been an unbelievable ride through the first half of the season. I was really bummed when Kelvin Benjamin hurt his knee and figured we'd be a .500 team at best. Glad I missed that one!

I haven't been always been able figure out Gettleman's mindset on certain moves (or non moves) but he has done a remarkable job putting this team together. I thought he was insane for not going after more linemen in the draft, but Cam's protection and the pressure we've been able to put on opposing QB's has been outstanding. He's also gambled on some players late in their careers (Tillman, Oher, Harper and Allen) and it seems to be paying off.

Now, if everyone can stay healthy...

moonpie23
11-15-2015, 10:02 AM
Trap game today......they'd better be focused....

DUKIECB
11-15-2015, 02:23 PM
Terrible penalty took a Ted Ginn punt return off the board. Ugh

OldPhiKap
11-15-2015, 03:54 PM
I like Can Newton. But if one of the Titan defenders took his head off right now, I'd probably say it was Karma.

mattman91
11-15-2015, 04:24 PM
I like Can Newton. But if one of the Titan defenders took his head off right now, I'd probably say it was Karma.

Cam wasn't in anyone's face. If they don't want him celebrating, they should have stopped him :cool:

moonpie23
11-15-2015, 05:41 PM
nine 'n oh- jelly roll.....:cool:

Highlander
11-16-2015, 11:23 AM
Cam wasn't in anyone's face. If they don't want him celebrating, they should have stopped him :cool:

Remember a couple of years ago in the playoffs when Colin Kaepernick mocked Cam with the Superman pose after scoring a TD. Lots of Panther fans felt it was disrespectful, but I thought it was fair game. To his credit, Cam had no issues with it, but did say he'd remember it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10283801/2013-nfl-playoffs-colin-kaepernick-san-francisco-49ers-mocks-cam-newton-superman-pose
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/colin-kaepernick-superman-cam-newton

As long as you take what you dish out, I have no issues with it.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
11-16-2015, 11:58 AM
Remember a couple of years ago in the playoffs when Colin Kaepernick mocked Cam with the Superman pose after scoring a TD. Lots of Panther fans felt it was disrespectful, but I thought it was fair game. To his credit, Cam had no issues with it, but did say he'd remember it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10283801/2013-nfl-playoffs-colin-kaepernick-san-francisco-49ers-mocks-cam-newton-superman-pose
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/colin-kaepernick-superman-cam-newton

As long as you take what you dish out, I have no issues with it.

Cam is by all accounts a great athlete and a decent humab being (since his arrival in the NFL at least). But his attitude makes it really hard for me to root for him.

I know the line between leadership and cockiness is thin, but his camera mugging and, first down salutes, Superman poses, and general, uh, poo eating grin make him hard to root for.

Go Panthers! And, by extention, Newton.

moonpie23
11-16-2015, 12:24 PM
well, the worst would be having a loser of a game and the opposing QB mocking him....but....the way cam is playing right now, i guess i'll have to take the good with the bad...

Highlander
11-16-2015, 12:34 PM
Cam is by all accounts a great athlete and a decent humab being (since his arrival in the NFL at least). But his attitude makes it really hard for me to root for him.

I know the line between leadership and cockiness is thin, but his camera mugging and, first down salutes, Superman poses, and general, uh, poo eating grin make him hard to root for.

Go Panthers! And, by extention, Newton.

I think the first down celebration is the one that irks people the most, because it is seen as an excessive celebration of a fairly routine play. Adding in the celebrations after a rushing TD (Superman, giving away a football) and the grand total is seen as too much. The part I find interesting are that signature TD celebrations are pretty commonplace across elite players in the league, and very few are criticized. I rarely hear that Aaron Rodgers is hard to root for due to his Championship Belt pose, or similar for Gronkowski's spike or Graham's "dunk" over the crossbar.

The "poo eating grin" I do take a little offense at. Early in his career, Newton was accused of being too mecurical on the sidelines. He never smiled or looked like he was having a good time. Now that he's doing the exact opposite and we want to criticize him for smiling? It's a game, and if he enjoys playing it I say smile away.

DUKIECB
11-16-2015, 12:49 PM
I think the first down celebration is the one that irks people the most, because it is seen as an excessive celebration of a fairly routine play. Adding in the celebrations after a rushing TD (Superman, giving away a football) and the grand total is seen as too much. The part I find interesting are that signature TD celebrations are pretty commonplace across elite players in the league, and very few are criticized. I rarely hear that Aaron Rodgers is hard to root for due to his Championship Belt pose, or similar for Gronkowski's spike or Graham's "dunk" over the crossbar.

The "poo eating grin" I do take a little offense at. Early in his career, Newton was accused of being too mecurical on the sidelines. He never smiled or looked like he was having a good time. Now that he's doing the exact opposite and we want to criticize him for smiling? It's a game, and if he enjoys playing it I say smile away.http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-news/4661270-cam-newton-touchdown-dance-video-reaction-panthers-titans

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the first down celebrations but the end zone stuff is fair game in my opinion.

JasonEvans
11-16-2015, 01:42 PM
Look, I like Cam and he is having a fine season. I like his tradition of giving away the football after each TD he scores. It is a nice way to involve and acknowledge the fans.

But the first down celebrations are a bit much. I was watching the game yesterday and early in the game he scrambled for a first down on what I think was a 2nd and 3 play where he ran for about 5 yards. It was not really all that important of a play nor was it dramatic or required special skills. There are at least a dozen other QBs in the NFL who could have and would have done the exact same thing.

And here goes Cam with the first down pointy thing. It just looked silly. You celebrate big plays, important plays, game-changing or drive-changing plays... but a fairly routine first down early in the game... it just makes you look contrived and silly to celebrate something like that. Excessive celebration doesn't only apply to how long and how grandiose the celebration is. It can apply to how often you celebrate. I think it is sorta silly in volleyball the way many women's teams all high-five and do a cheer after every single point. Well, Cam celebrating every single first down is equally off-putting and excessive.

-Jason "Cam is on my fantasy team and doing good, but not great, thus far" Evans

rasputin
11-16-2015, 02:11 PM
Weekend before last I was under the weather and watched more football than usual. Flipping channels--and I don't remember anything else about the plays--I saw the same thing happen in two games ten minutes apart. That is, the defensive player got a good lick on the ball carrier, stopping him, and proceeded to celebrate, thus not seeing that he had jarred the ball loose and could have recovered the fumble. I guess the celebration pose is more important.

DukeFanSince1990
11-16-2015, 06:18 PM
My best friend (a tarhole fan believe it or not) and I will be at the game Sunday. Looking forward to it, first NFL game. Kind of strange I have been to a Duke-UNC Cameron game but not a Panther game. Go Panthers!!!

JNort
11-16-2015, 08:53 PM
I honestly feel bad for Cam. It doesn't really matter what happens people will find reasons to "trash" him. The man has no off field issues since being drafted, is busy in the community, caters to children, says the right things and is still viewed as idk scum.

Can you imagine the storylines if it would have been Cam that threw the iPad down during a game instead of Rodgers? It would have been nonstop on ESPN.

Even many Panther fans hate on him. Just baffles me

Dukehky
11-17-2015, 10:46 AM
I was sitting behind a group of people at the Packers game, who didn't say one nice thing about Cam Newton. They were Panther fans. "There's no I in team Cam!!!" Why are you running the ball Cam? Learn how to throw Cam!!! Put in Anderson!!!

Now, while these idiots are clearly just that, as evidenced by the last quotation, you can definitely hear the rest of those lines permeating throughout the stadium. Charlotte is so lucky that Cam already signed his deal. Cam is Cam, Cam is black, Cam doesn't want to be anything else, nor is he going to to try and be. Some of his schtick is excessive, but I think it's all hilarious and it gets the team fired up. If his teammates told Cam to cut it out, he would, but they like it, so on it goes, and he doesn't care what anyone says about what a QB should be. Cam is what the Panthers QB is, not gonna change. Thank God.

camion
11-17-2015, 11:49 AM
I feel the same about the first down celebration by an offensive player as I feel about a defender celebrating a first or second down tackle.

The job's not over. Stop wasting energy and get ready for the next play.

JasonEvans
11-17-2015, 03:11 PM
I was sitting behind a group of people at the Packers game, who didn't say one nice thing about Cam Newton. They were Panther fans. "There's no I in team Cam!!!" Why are you running the ball Cam? Learn how to throw Cam!!! Put in Anderson!!!

Now, while these idiots are clearly just that, as evidenced by the last quotation, you can definitely hear the rest of those lines permeating throughout the stadium. Charlotte is so lucky that Cam already signed his deal. Cam is Cam, Cam is black, Cam doesn't want to be anything else, nor is he going to to try and be. Some of his schtick is excessive, but I think it's all hilarious and it gets the team fired up. If his teammates told Cam to cut it out, he would, but they like it, so on it goes, and he doesn't care what anyone says about what a QB should be. Cam is what the Panthers QB is, not gonna change. Thank God.

Are you serious? There are large numbers of Panther fans who want a new QB?!?!? This is beyond insanity. Cam is a fine QB. He's getting by without a single WR who would be a starter on any other playoff contender. There have been multiple games this year where he seemed to hoist the team on his back and win the game for them. No, he is not putting up the kind of crazy passing numbers some of the other elite QBS do, but that is not the Panthers game plan.

-Jason "crazy foolish to think you could find a significant upgrade to Cam on your bench or in the draft or whatever" Evans

Misunderestimated
11-17-2015, 03:31 PM
I can deal with Cam's celebrations. Its a lot easier to explain to my kids why Cam does the first down gesture than why JJ Redick held his ring finger down with his hands up after draining a 3. I'm saving that conversation for down the road.

BD80
11-17-2015, 06:03 PM
Are you serious? There are large numbers of Panther fans who want a new QB?!?!? This is beyond insanity. Cam is a fine QB. He's getting by without a single WR who would be a starter on any other playoff contender. There have been multiple games this year where he seemed to hoist the team on his back and win the game for them. No, he is not putting up the kind of crazy passing numbers some of the other elite QBS do, but that is not the Panthers game plan.

-Jason "crazy foolish to think you could find a significant upgrade to Cam on your bench or in the draft or whatever" Evans

Many Lions fans would trade Matt Stafford for Cam.

I'd petition we keep Matt's wife Kelly.

moonpie23
11-18-2015, 01:10 PM
Cam newton is having an MVP season....

really? someone wants to get rid of the guy that's 9-0?

seriously?

i want to trade that fan...

DukeFanSince1990
11-18-2015, 07:17 PM
I honestly feel bad for Cam. It doesn't really matter what happens people will find reasons to "trash" him. The man has no off field issues since being drafted, is busy in the community, caters to children, says the right things and is still viewed as idk scum.

Can you imagine the storylines if it would have been Cam that threw the iPad down during a game instead of Rodgers? It would have been nonstop on ESPN.

Even many Panther fans hate on him. Just baffles me

I found this on that internets:

moonpie23
11-22-2015, 07:17 PM
10 n oh, tootsie roll........

the magic continues.......next up, the newly revived tony romo and his cowboys...

elvis14
11-22-2015, 09:07 PM
10 n oh, tootsie roll...

the magic continues...next up, the newly revived tony romo and his cowboys...

Great game today by the Panthers. Really glad the game wasn't close after the bad call that brought back the TD that would have given the Redskins a 21-14 lead. For a while there it seemed like that bad call would be the turning point of the game. As the game went on, however, the Panthers, particularly the Panthers fantastic defense, were way too much for the Redskins and the game (especially the second half) was all Panthers.

Let's hope the Panthers can keep it going next week agains the Cowboys (the UNC of the NFL).

moonpie23
11-23-2015, 08:32 AM
from all the talking heads and guest refs i heard yesterday (not 100%) it seemed like the new direction and rules would result in that call now.....

it could have been the turning point, but other times things have evened up a score or put the other team ahead, only to have the panthers tough up and get some plays...

this team is special......If they go into dallas and win, that will be an incredible feat...

Highlander
11-23-2015, 10:28 AM
from all the talking heads and guest refs i heard yesterday (not 100%) it seemed like the new direction and rules would result in that call now...

it could have been the turning point, but other times things have evened up a score or put the other team ahead, only to have the panthers tough up and get some plays...

this team is special...If they go into dallas and win, that will be an incredible feat...

I don't know about incredible, but impressive definitely.

The best part of Sunday? Panthers now have a 4 game lead in the division with six to play, four of which are division games. That's a pretty incredible lead this late in the season. The Panthers also look to be in good shape for a bye spot. The only serious contenders for home field advantage throughout the playoffs are the Cardinals, Packers, and Vikings (and we beat the Packers H2H). So right now it looks like the road to the NFC championship game may very well go through Charlotte.

The amazing thing to me is that they are doing all of this without Kelvin Benjamin or any notable studs on offense other than Cam Newton.

Another wild stat - only 9 teams in the NFL (out of 32 total) have a winning record as of today.

DUKIECB
11-23-2015, 02:37 PM
The amazing thing to me is that they are doing all of this without Kelvin Benjamin or any notable studs on offense other than Cam Newton.Ever heard of a guy named Greg Olsen? He has got to be one of the top 3 tight ends in the league this year. How about Jonathan Stewart? Only Adrian Peterson has more rushing yards than him in the last 5 weeks.

Obviously, everyone points to our lack of big name receivers but if you ask me this whole thing has been way overblown. They are doing it by committee and in the past few weeks when Cam puts the ball where they can catch it, they are making the catches. Funchess got his first start yesterday and caught a couple nice balls. Ginn has emerged as a solid go to guy and before Brown was injured this past week he was making contributions as well. Cam's 5 TD's were to 5 different receivers yesterday. Try defending that.

JasonEvans
11-23-2015, 03:53 PM
Another wild stat - only 9 teams in the NFL (out of 32 total) have a winning record as of today.

And one of those teams is the Falcons who look like they could not beat a decent NCAA team at this point.

-Jason "the Panther's wrapped up the NFC South like two weeks ago" Evans

Highlander
11-24-2015, 02:56 PM
Ever heard of a guy named Greg Olsen? He has got to be one of the top 3 tight ends in the league this year. How about Jonathan Stewart? Only Adrian Peterson has more rushing yards than him in the last 5 weeks.

Obviously, everyone points to our lack of big name receivers but if you ask me this whole thing has been way overblown. They are doing it by committee and in the past few weeks when Cam puts the ball where they can catch it, they are making the catches. Funchess got his first start yesterday and caught a couple nice balls. Ginn has emerged as a solid go to guy and before Brown was injured this past week he was making contributions as well. Cam's 5 TD's were to 5 different receivers yesterday. Try defending that.

Like I said - Cam is playing like a stud :)

Olsen is a huge asset, no doubt. He is taken for granted due to his position, and I should have noted him. Stewart is a solid, workhorse style back, but I wouldn't call him a stud back personally. He's arguably the worst starting back in the division right now stat-wise (Behind Freeman, Gurley, and Martin). Without Cam's abiliy to run, he is average. But he is doing what we need him to do and being very effective at it.

Personaly, I think part of the reason our receivers are playing so well is, again, Cam. He has been patient and accurate on his throws. And yes, our receivers are making grabs and the entire team's depth is quality. But it is also fair to note that none of our receiver would be the #1 option on most other NFL teams.

JNort
11-24-2015, 08:24 PM
Like I said - Cam is playing like a stud :)

Olsen is a huge asset, no doubt. He is taken for granted due to his position, and I should have noted him. Stewart is a solid, workhorse style back, but I wouldn't call him a stud back personally. He's arguably the worst starting back in the division right now stat-wise (Behind Freeman, Gurley, and Martin). Without Cam's abiliy to run, he is average. But he is doing what we need him to do and being very effective at it.

Personaly, I think part of the reason our receivers are playing so well is, again, Cam. He has been patient and accurate on his throws. And yes, our receivers are making grabs and the entire team's depth is quality. But it is also fair to note that none of our receiver would be the #1 option on most other NFL teams.

You mean Ingram I believe. But your point still stands.

moonpie23
11-26-2015, 08:21 PM
11 n oh......turkey roll...

:cool:

davekay1971
11-27-2015, 06:00 AM
Newton has matured this season. He is a totally different quarterback than he was 2-3 years ago. He's more patient in the pocket. He looks at all of his receiving options more and fixates on his one or two favorite targets less. He's delivering much more accurate throws, more consistently. Other than the planned runs, he's slower to tuck the ball and run and does a better job of moving in the pocket to give his receivers a chance to get open. He doesn't pout, at least not openly, the way he used to if things are not going well. Reports around Charlotte are that he's spending more time outside of the scheduled practices getting in reps and film, etc. In short, he's grown from the talented kid that got here into a professional, motivated quarterback.

The offensive coordinator, Shula, probably deserves lots of credit for that. I didn't know much about him, other than the obviously famous name, but he has a reputation as a quaterback whisperer. We've all seen the way Cutcliffe can push the right buttons with his quarterbacks and the way they grow over time with him. Shula seems to have had the same effect on Newton.

But the great start for the Panthers isn't all about Newton. The defense, anchored by Kuechly and Davis, is now strong at all three levels. Stewart seems to be benefitting as a RB from the overall growth of the offense. The O Line is good, if not great. And the receiving-by-committee is going better than anyone expected. We all knew Olsen was a stud receiving tight end. But everyone wrote off the Panthers' receiving corps as a whole when Benjamin went down. Ron Rivera claims that Benjamin's injury had an important up-side by forcing Newton to look at all of his receiving options. And the cadre of 2nd and 3rd receivers has delivered for the Panthers.

As for Newton's celebrations, there's a whole bunch of branding/trademarking/look-at-me going on there. It's silly, of course, to have a trademark celebration for every first down. Opposing fans can boo him for it and opposing defenses can try to punish him for it. But I hope he keeps going with giving a gameball to a kid with every touchdown. That's cool, every bit as cool as the Lambeau Leap (which is still my all-time favorite NFL touchdown celebration)

killerleft
11-27-2015, 12:32 PM
Dallas. Nobody ever believes they are as bad as they turn out to be. Nice stadium, though.

elvis14
11-27-2015, 05:25 PM
Dallas. Nobody ever believes they are as bad as they turn out to be. Nice stadium, though.

Kinda like UNCheat basketball (well except for the nice stadium part)

Devilwin
11-29-2015, 05:52 PM
Panthers are more and more looking like the team to beat in the NFC. I want to see them play the Pats in the Super Bowl, and butt whup them bad. The thing that worries me is the way they (like Duke) tend to give up big plays from time to time.
Greg Olsen to me, is the catalyst for the team this year. He's always open, (must be invisible) and is there when we need a big catch. Cam's maturation continues, he's having a banner year.
Keep Pounding!!
Panthers Shop has football shirts on sale for 30 bucks! All your favorite players.

moonpie23
11-30-2015, 10:53 AM
cheaters go down.....maybe gronk as well.........

it's up to the panthers to stay focused.....that could easily be them against atlanta twice, a pissed off NOLA, or a desperate Bucs team.....

Highlander
11-30-2015, 12:49 PM
You mean Ingram I believe. But your point still stands.

Yep. You're right. My bad.

moonpie23
12-06-2015, 08:28 PM
12 n oh - dosie doh

-jk
12-06-2015, 08:35 PM
Getting down to the wire. Those Dolphins are cooling their Champagne...

How good is Atlanta, really? Their stats seem better than their record.

-jk

moonpie23
12-06-2015, 09:33 PM
i would actually prefer to go TO atl first and then have them come to clt....

either way, i think they are gonna be too epic games....these teams don't give a rat'sass about the other's record....

DUKIECB
12-07-2015, 08:46 AM
Cam and Rivera both said in their post game press conferences that this was a lesson for them, that they couldn't just show up and expect to win. I hope they take that to heart going forward, especially with three of the final four games against the division. Even though it's already sowed up you know Atlanta or Tampa would love to be the team to hand them their first loss. And with the Cardinals at 10-2, we can't afford to let up. Yesterday was a big win to keep that 2 game lead for the #1 seed and home field in the playoffs.

I have to admit that even though I'm a huge fan I haven't been on the Cam for MVP bandwagon...until now. What a performance! Second 5 TD game in 3 weeks and 2 go ahead drives in the 4th quarter in a hostile environment yesterday. With the Pats losing their second game in a row and Minnesota falling as well, at this point I think Cam has to be the clear favorite. What's been fun to watch is how he seems to be getting better and better as the season goes on.

No matter what happens this has been a really fun year but I sure hope they don't take an early exit from the playoffs. Gotta win when it counts.

One more note - The Panthers are the 9th team to get to 12-0 in the Super Bowl era and 6 of them went to the super bowl with 4 of them winning it.

-jk
12-13-2015, 04:25 PM
Getting down to the wire. Those Dolphins are cooling their Champagne...

How good is Atlanta, really? Their stats seem better than their record.

-jk

Oops... Spread was about 8.5 for the Panthers...

-jk

OldPhiKap
12-13-2015, 04:27 PM
That was brutal.

mattman91
12-13-2015, 04:52 PM
I hope our guys that got beat up today are OK.

Keep Pounding!

Devilwin
12-13-2015, 05:43 PM
Benwikere out for the season with a leg fracture. Everyone else is ok. Atlanta lost several games recently they could have won, so they are a decent team.

moonpie23
12-13-2015, 05:50 PM
13 n oh - tally ho

-jk
12-13-2015, 05:56 PM
Benwikere out for the season with a leg fracture. Everyone else is ok. Atlanta lost several games recently they could have won, so they are a decent team.

That's where I was going with my stats/record post. Unfortunately Atlanta really fell off the map today. How decent are they, really?

-jk

Devilwin
12-13-2015, 06:32 PM
Only the Panthers crushed them. Here are their season results.
http://www.atlantafalcons.com/schedules/schedule.html

elvis14
12-14-2015, 11:02 AM
Atlanta lost several games recently they could have won, so they are a decent team.

I didn't think Atlanta even showed up for this game. I expected Carolina to win (they are the better team) but the way Atlanta played that game was embarrassing for them. The kind of game that gets a coached fired.

Cam not playing the 4th quarter didin't exactly help my fantasy football team.

moonpie23
12-18-2015, 02:25 PM
lotta chirping from giant-fan......

Highlander
12-19-2015, 03:39 PM
lotta chirping from giant-fan...

It wouldn't surprise me for the Panthers to drop this one. They are banged up at a couple of positions and have clinched everything except home field with 3 games to play. Classic trap game.

That being said, the Giants defense is horrendous.

Devilwin
12-20-2015, 06:54 AM

Without Cam this team is nowhere near 13-0. He's young, and still has the unspent energy of impatient, silly youth in him. Like it or not, he's our heart and soul. And he's having an MVP season. Those idiots in front of you need to get real. Anderson is a very reliable backup, but Cam gives us the best chance to win. I loved what he did after the Falcons game, running the sidelines exhorting the fans, really great!

DUKIECB
12-20-2015, 04:04 PM
The Panthers are doing their best to give this one away. 21 straight points by the Giants to make it a one possession game with five minutes to go.

Odel Beckham has acted like a maniac today.

DUKIECB
12-20-2015, 04:31 PM
Holy cow that was crazy! Gano wins it for the Panthers!

mattman91
12-20-2015, 04:50 PM
Time to change my signature :cool:

moonpie23
12-20-2015, 06:02 PM
hack.....cough wheeze............ugh..

ahhhhh...heart is working again....lol.....

14 n' oh...........ho-ho-ho!!

Devilwin
12-20-2015, 08:17 PM
I've said it before. The secondary aside from Norman is pathetic, and I see an early playoff exit if those issues are not addressed. Cam does it again though, but how much longer can we expect to just outscore teams? Would be a shame if we lost after such a brilliant regular season..

Dukehky
12-20-2015, 08:25 PM
I've said it before. The secondary aside from Norman is pathetic, and I see an early playoff exit if those issues are not addressed. Cam does it again though, but how much longer can we expect to just outscore teams? Would be a shame if we lost after such a brilliant regular season..

Tillman was really good today. Coleman has been really good outside of of the first 3 games. He's got 7 picks. Roman isn't great but he's certainly not pathetic, and we just lost our 2nd best corner, and a nickel specialist in Bene. It's Finnegan's second game, maybe he won't get better but his only issues came in covering Beckham, most people have issues with him. This is ridiculous. The defense's only problem is that the front four can't get a consistent pass rush by themselves. You're thoughts on the secondary are incorrect. No other way to sugar coat that.

CameronBornAndBred
12-21-2015, 09:24 AM
I think his not getting ejected put the Panthers off their game and that led to the comeback.
I think having a big lead and complacency led to the comeback, something we have seen too many times this season. Rivera was reminding the team of that in the locker room post game. Gotta play every minute, not just the ones that you are behind or tied in.

Devilwin
12-21-2015, 05:42 PM
Tillman was really good today. Coleman has been really good outside of of the first 3 games. He's got 7 picks. Roman isn't great but he's certainly not pathetic, and we just lost our 2nd best corner, and a nickel specialist in Bene. It's Finnegan's second game, maybe he won't get better but his only issues came in covering Beckham, most people have issues with him. This is ridiculous. The defense's only problem is that the front four can't get a consistent pass rush by themselves. You're thoughts on the secondary are incorrect. No other way to sugar coat that.

I call people consistently wide open pathetic. I refer you to the Saints game for instance, a game very similar to this one. But, maybe, just maybe, if opposing qbs don't have all day to find receivers???
Call me ridiculous if you want, but I watch every single game and know what I'm seeing. We saw them roar back to tie us, and it was all done on the arm of Eli. In the playoff, we will see Palmer, Rodgers, or Russell. Better tighten it up, I say...

moonpie23
12-27-2015, 01:00 PM
better stay focused today........gotta tighten up the secondary....

DUKIECB
12-27-2015, 04:19 PM
better stay focused today....gotta tighten up the secondary...

You called it about the secondary. Did we stop a single third down all game?

Offense was anemic. Just shows you have to bring it every week or you will lose in the NFL.

Jarhead
12-27-2015, 04:19 PM
While watching today's game I was thinking that with the name, "Carolina," what with the baby blue in the uniform, I was pulling for Atlanta. Meanwhile, my Redskins have locked in a slot in the playoffs. Maybe I'll get another chance to beat Carolina.

duke74
12-27-2015, 05:19 PM
Guess they forgot their baseball bats today. Thud... Back to earth.

So how about my Jets? (Thanks Bill B for the coin toss decision). Beat the Bills and we're in thanks to the Ravens today.

Devilwin
12-27-2015, 05:47 PM
I stand vindicated on my secondary comments. Matt Ryan was under pressure all day, still torched our secondary. They better do something, and like now. Also, there was no spark today on either side of the ball.

Blue in the Face
12-27-2015, 05:55 PM
So how about my Jets? (Thanks Bill B for the coin toss decision).
That was a puzzler.

duke74
12-27-2015, 06:32 PM
That was a puzzler.

"Puzzler" is an understatement. No idea what any upside was to that decision. An assured takeaway? No clue.

But I'll take it gratefully.

On to the world of Rexy. Playoffs are in our hands.

Either way, this has been a good season for us. After the chaos of Rex's years...stability, right attitude, professionalism...never expected to be even where we are now...

JNort
12-29-2015, 01:40 PM
Guess they forgot their baseball bats today. Thud... Back to earth.

So how about my Jets? (Thanks Bill B for the coin toss decision). Beat the Bills and we're in thanks to the Ravens today.
I know that BB is saying he thought it was the right decision and the player was following orders but I'm calling bull on it. The player screwed up, you can tell by his reaction on the field.

mattman91
01-03-2016, 08:34 PM
Number one seed!!!!!

moonpie23
01-03-2016, 11:01 PM
15-1......still no respect.....

all everyone could talk about was how "dangerous" seattle is.....

cool...that's fine.......the panthers can use it....

Devilwin
01-04-2016, 07:13 AM
15-1...still no respect....

all everyone could talk about was how "dangerous" seattle is....

cool...that's fine....the panthers can use it...

Seattle is dangerous. Look what they did to the Cardinals. However, we beat them on the road at their place, and there's no guarantee they'll make it to Charlotte.
All we heard all year is how weak our schedule was. We beat four playoff bound teams.
Lets just keep winning and the respect will take care of itself.

mattman91
01-17-2016, 09:35 AM
Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

moonpie23
01-17-2016, 10:06 AM
they had better be all business today....I'm sure KC and GB "had a good game plan", but today, they'd better play the whole game tough!!!

KEEP POUNDING!!

gurufrisbee
01-17-2016, 11:27 AM

go seahawks!!!

OldPhiKap
01-17-2016, 01:05 PM
For some reason I am getting the broadcast in Spanish. Seriously. And no other channel is doing that to me.

gurufrisbee
01-17-2016, 01:15 PM
For some reason I am getting the broadcast in Spanish. Seriously. And no other channel is doing that to me.

What is Spanish for "that couldn't have started any worse for the Seahawks"?

OldPhiKap
01-17-2016, 01:42 PM
What is Spanish for "that couldn't have started any worse for the Seahawks"?

They literally just said "aye aye aye" after this latest interception and down 21-0.

Seriously, is anyone else experiencing this whole Spanish thing? I finally have a crawl saying they are having technical difficulties, but not sure if it is local or not.

I spent ten minutes hitting every combination of buttons on my remotes possible. At least it is an external problem.

Devilsforlife
01-17-2016, 01:46 PM
They literally just said "aye aye aye" after this latest interception and down 21-0.

Seriously, is anyone else experiencing this whole Spanish thing? I finally have a crawl saying they are having technical difficulties, but not sure if it is local or not.

I spent ten minutes hitting every combination of buttons on my remotes possible. At least it is an external problem.

Game is showing in English on Fox for me.

OldPhiKap
01-17-2016, 01:48 PM
Game is showing in English on Fox for me.

Thanks, English finally came in last play.

gurufrisbee
01-17-2016, 02:04 PM

Well around here the broadcast has been all in English.

Those of us watching....French?

ricks68
01-17-2016, 02:19 PM

Speaking as a former Houston Oilers fan, after being up 35-0 at the half during the playoffs against the Bills, it ain't over 'till it's over.😂

ricks

mattman91
01-17-2016, 02:58 PM
speaking as a former houston oilers fan, after being up 35-0 at the half during the playoffs against the bills, it ain't over 'till it's over.😂

ricks

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tom B.
01-17-2016, 03:52 PM
Speaking as a former Houston Oilers fan, after being up 35-0 at the half during the playoffs against the Bills, it ain't over 'till it's over.😂

Well, this is getting....interesting.

OldPhiKap
01-17-2016, 03:59 PM
Well, this is getting...interesting.

Think how interesting it would be if Seattle had kicked the FG near the end of the first half instead of failing a court-down conversion. Would only be a seven point game, no need to even hurry by Seattle.

gurufrisbee
01-17-2016, 04:07 PM
Think how interesting it would be if Seattle had kicked the FG near the end of the first half instead of failing a court-down conversion. Would only be a seven point game, no need to even hurry by Seattle.

Yes. We know.

And if we had that one PLUS the one we missed at the end of the first half....

gurufrisbee
01-17-2016, 04:36 PM
Congrats Panthers. Can't say I will root for you next week, but if you make the Super Bowl, I will. Not bitter - just have a sister in Phoenix.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
01-17-2016, 07:09 PM
Well, this is getting...interesting.

Speaking as a Seahawks fan (7 years lived in Seattle) - the Panthers whooped em in the first half something fierce. Amazing that the Seahawks made Panthers fans sweat in the second half.

Good luck going forward, Carolina.

Devilwin
01-18-2016, 05:29 AM
Panthers gotta quit getting conservative with a big lead. Cam was visibly upset with the offensive coordinator after the game, and was seen arguing a play call sent to him during the game.

DevilWearsPrada
01-18-2016, 07:04 AM
The Tale of Two Halves ! The first half was Superior! The second, not so much!!!

Take that win, tho!!!

Congratulations to the Carolina Panthers!!!!!

'KEEP POUNDING"

moonpie23
01-18-2016, 03:25 PM
SCOREBOARD!!!!!!

i'll take it..

DUKIECB
01-18-2016, 05:01 PM
So how do the Panthers match up with the Cardinals? From watching this season and my limited football knowledge, I would say the Cardinals were the team I wanted to play the least. Carolina has one of the best corners in the league in Josh Norman, but the remainder of the secondary is nowhere near as good. In my opinion the Cardinals are a bad matchup due to the stable of receivers they have that can get behind the coverage and go for the deep ball. The answer to this is to get to Carson Palmer quickly and often. The Panthers lead the NFL in opponents QBR when the QB is passing from the pocket. Palmer doesn't get outside the pocket very much so to keep them from burning us over the top we have to get consistent pressure on Palmer.

Admittingly, I have not watched the Cardinals play a lot but I don't see a lot of holes in their game. I think the game should be close but I think the edge might still go to Carolina because the game is in Charlotte. The Panthers have quietly become the new Seattle of home field advantage. They haven't lost there in well over a year and with Arizona having to fly across the country and forward two time zones I think that could be the difference in an otherwise statistically close game.

Go Panthers! Keep Pounding!

gurufrisbee
01-18-2016, 05:58 PM
Should be a great game. Both teams have been fantastic this season. The Josh Norman advantage is definitely lessened against the Cardinals since Fitzgerald usually lines up in the slot and Brown and Floyd have been equally terrific on the outside and Norman only can guard one of those two. Plus Olsen is the Panthers top receiving threat but Buchanon is a converted safety at linebacker and might actually give them a chance to sort of cover him. I think this comes down to the great Panthers LBs guarding the Cards RBs as receiving threats (they hardly use a TE) and the battle of the excellent Arizona OL vs the excellent Panthers DL. If Palmer is pressured, you can get him to make mistakes. If he has time, he'll pick you apart with all those weapons.

moonpie23
01-19-2016, 04:13 PM
well, if the panthers get up on the cards quickly, i'd say there's very little chance carson palmer can even SNIFF what russell wilson did to lead them back....

the panthers' secondary is muddy...no telling.....but the pass rush is good....and we got the running game going again...

keep pounding...

oh....and ....CAM

elvis14
01-20-2016, 09:56 AM
well, if the panthers get up on the cards quickly, i'd say there's very little chance carson palmer can even SNIFF what russell wilson did to lead them back...

the panthers' secondary is muddy...no telling...but the pass rush is good...and we got the running game going again...

keep pounding...

oh...and ...CAM

After last week, I'd willing to bet that if the Panthers get up on the Cards quickly that they won't take their foot off the gas as quickly or as much as they did.

DUKIECB
01-20-2016, 10:22 AM
After last week, I'd willing to bet that if the Panthers get up on the Cards quickly that they won't take their foot off the gas as quickly or as much as they did.The problem with this statement is history is not on your side. If my memory serves me correct this was the 5th time this season they have let a team back in the game (Colts, Packers, Saints, Giants and now Seahawks). The only good news about this, in my opinion, is they did not lose any of those games. Only the Colts took them to OT.

I'd be willing to bet they don't get out to an overwhelming lead Sunday. If anything I'd expect this to be a tight game and in my opinion the two best teams in the NFL this year will be on the field. Yes, you could include the Patriots if completely healthy but even then I would rank them 3rd and you could say the same thing about the Panthers and Cardinals being healthy as well. All teams have injuries.

On a side note, the Panthers are wearing their all white uniforms again this week, which when they are the home team and can choose, are undefeated in the playoffs while wearing.

Highlander
01-20-2016, 10:36 AM
After last week, I'd willing to bet that if the Panthers get up on the Cards quickly that they won't take their foot off the gas as quickly or as much as they did.

They've gone out to big leads multiple times this year and let the other team come back (Indianapolis, Green Bay, NYG, and Seattle), so it seems to be a trend moreso than a one time occurrence IMO.

From what I saw, the Panthers were conservative on both sides of the ball 2H. They knew that a double move and deep pass for a quick score or a turnover were the best ways for Seattle to get back in the game, so we ran the ball and gave up a lot of short stuff. Wilson did hit a couple of deep balls on single coverage when we gambled on a blitz, but our strategy was clearly to run as much time off the clock as possible. Good example - our opening 4Q drive only netted about 3 first downs but took 5 minutes off the clock. Late in the quarter we burned another 3 minutes on a drive, with the goal being to leave Seattle with almost no time left to work with. And it ultimately worked, although it did make everyone in Charlotte nervous.

You're just not going to beat playoff teams 62-0, or even 31-0 very often, especially not in the second weekend.

elvis14
01-20-2016, 11:19 AM
The problem with this statement is history is not on your side. If my memory serves me correct this was the 5th time this season they have let a team back in the game (Colts, Packers, Saints, Giants and now Seahawks). The only good news about this, in my opinion, is they did not lose any of those games. Only the Colts took them to OT.

They've gone out to big leads multiple times this year and let the other team come back (Indianapolis, Green Bay, NYG, and Seattle), so it seems to be a trend moreso than a one time occurrence IMO.

Good point guys. I was mostly thinking about the near miss this past week and applying logic :-). I forgot about the rest of the season.

Highlander
01-20-2016, 11:31 AM
The problem with this statement is history is not on your side. If my memory serves me correct this was the 5th time this season they have let a team back in the game (Colts, Packers, Saints, Giants and now Seahawks). The only good news about this, in my opinion, is they did not lose any of those games. Only the Colts took them to OT.

I'd be willing to bet they don't get out to an overwhelming lead Sunday. If anything I'd expect this to be a tight game and in my opinion the two best teams in the NFL this year will be on the field. Yes, you could include the Patriots if completely healthy but even then I would rank them 3rd and you could say the same thing about the Panthers and Cardinals being healthy as well. All teams have injuries.

On a side note, the Panthers are wearing their all white uniforms again this week, which when they are the home team and can choose, are undefeated in the playoffs while wearing.

And for the Panthers to win the Superbowl, the have to beat Seattle (done), Arizona, and then either Denver or New England in successive weeks. That's murderer's row for ANY team to have to navigate. The Panthers may very well play both participants in last year's Super Bowl, as well as the two previous Super Bowl winners. There are no easy games left on the schedule. If they win, they will have earned it.

Doria
01-20-2016, 12:28 PM
Fortunately, they only need play Denver or the Pats. I think Arizona, for them, may be the toughest test, in terms of matchups. Still, as a longtime Lions fan (I'm a Carolina Panthers fan, too, but they weren't around when I was growing up in NC, and indeed, didn't get there until I left), anything short of a total playoff collapse will be great!

DUKIECB
01-20-2016, 01:24 PM
There are no easy games left on the schedule. If they win, they will have earned it.I hope they win and prove all the naysayers wrong. We have been underestimated all year by almost anyone with a microphone. I still feel that if we lose to the Cardinals they pundits will say I told you so but they would be wrong. I don't care what your schedule looks like, if you finish 16-2 in this league you are good. Period. I think if we make the superbowl, win or lose, at least the respect will be given but it would be really sweet to win the whole thing and be the ones saying I told you so!

mattman91
01-20-2016, 05:59 PM
I'll be there.

Anyone else?

wavedukefan70s
01-20-2016, 06:27 PM
We may depends on weather and if im off.
Really want to be there when zona wins.;)
I really dont have a dog in the fight.i havent liked the "north" carolina panthers since peppers was there.as long as pittsburg,carolina or Washington doesnt win it all im good to go.

DUKIECB
01-20-2016, 07:22 PM
I'll be there.

Anyone else? I'm jealous. Tried to get tickets that went on sale to the public Sunday night and they were gone in seconds. Aftermarket tickets are more than I am willing to shell out for.

wavedukefan70s
01-21-2016, 09:19 AM
If your close enough .the ticket guys dump them right before game starts.below face .it does them no good to hold on to them.

gurufrisbee
01-21-2016, 06:43 PM
Not this year. The last two it was close enough...but not this year. Have fun!

Doria
01-21-2016, 08:16 PM
I'll be there.

Anyone else?

I wish! I'm stuck out where there are no good NFL teams, and now, we've just voted to get back a team we already got rid of. It feels like just yesterday, I was rejoicing, thinking that at last, I was guaranteed to watch at least 1 good game on Sunday. Sigh.

Have fun, all of you who are going!

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
01-22-2016, 11:46 AM
I'll be there.

Anyone else?

Hope you already left... might have a bear of a time getting out of Asheville in the next 36 hours.

mattman91
01-22-2016, 12:23 PM
Hope you already left... might have a bear of a time getting out of Asheville in the next 36 hours.

I should be OK. The highways should be pretty clear by Sunday afternoon.

OldPhiKap
01-24-2016, 10:07 PM
Well, that was impressive.

CameronBornAndBred
01-24-2016, 10:24 PM
Well, that was impressive.
I liked seeing us kneel instead of driving and kicking at the end. I don't remember seeing that happen being close enough to score knowing the other team will get the ball back. Pretty classy show of sportsmanship.

moonpie23
01-24-2016, 10:33 PM
Pretty classy show of sportsmanship.

well, except shoving that 2 point conversion in their face ....and then Kuechley with the TD return...

pure domination...

if this had been a fight, it would have been stopped...

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
01-25-2016, 05:44 AM
I should be OK. The highways should be pretty clear by Sunday afternoon.

I suspect you had fun

Devilwin
01-25-2016, 07:12 AM
Awesome game, Panthers are the best in the league. ONE MORE RIVER TO CROSS..:cool:

moonpie23
01-25-2016, 10:48 AM
#keeppounding

moonpie23
01-25-2016, 11:35 AM
Chris Carter on Mike and Mike......he just has something against Cam and/or the panthers.....he praises them, then backhands them with prediction about why they can't take care of business against the next team......i'm pretty sure he picked carson palmer to "pick our weak secondary to pieces" ....

fine.....keep picking against them, chris...

DUKIECB
01-25-2016, 11:47 AM
Well, if there are any doubters left they just aren't watching the same team I'm watching. There just aren't any arguments left to belittle this team and what they have accomplished. Admittingly, I was a little worried about the Cardinals receiving core but all I heard last week was how Carolina's secondary was so terrible and how Palmer would pick them apart. Well, they forgot one thing...to do that you have to have time to throw the ball. Our front 4 were fantastic last night and even when they didn't get good pressure the bunch of "no names" the pundits kept talking about in our secondary stepped up and made big play after big play.

Currently the Panthers are 4.5 favorites in the big game. My initial feeling is we should be favored and I think we match up well against Denver. I've been saying for a while now that several of the NFC teams were better than any of the AFC teams this year and I stand by that. You can't overlook Peyton but I feel like our defense will overpower them and offensively we are the best they will have seen this year. They do have the #1 defense in the NFL this year which is what has got them this far but like I said they haven't faced anything like what the Panthers bring to the table.

I sincerely hope Thomas Davis can somehow play in the Superbowl. It would be such a shame if he has to sit out. Speaking of injuries it sounds like Jared Allen will get to play which is good and everyone else is healthy so no major issues other than Davis. I'm not sure about Denver but they had a lot of people down yesterday so it will be interesting to see if they can all heal up in 2 weeks time.

Go Panthers! Keep Pounding!

mattman91
01-25-2016, 01:59 PM
I suspect you had fun

My voice is gone!

The stadium was literally rocking. It was awesome.

#keeppounding

CameronBornAndBred
01-26-2016, 03:26 PM
Taking a page from Duke's fashion catalog, the Panthers will be in black jerseys for the Super Bowl. And like the Blue Devils, it hasn't been the most fortunate color to wear on game day.

They went with the all-black look in a 2013 playoff game against San Francisco, a 23-10 loss. They wore the all-black look for the first time against Denver in 2012 and lost 36-14 at home.

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/19038/fashion-update-panthers-to-wear-black-jerseys-for-super-bowl-50

moonpie23
01-27-2016, 10:37 AM
"In case you were wondering, the Broncos are 0-4 in Super Bowls in which they wore their orange jerseys."

JNort
01-29-2016, 11:49 AM
well, except shoving that 2 point conversion in their face ...and then Kuechley with the TD return...

pure domination...

if this had been a fight, it would have been stopped...

Well the Panthers did get hell all week from people about how we let up on to many teams and allow them to come back. I feel this was Ron saying "Hey we will try hard all game I'm ya want". He was trying to give everyone what they wanted and in a very demonstrative way. Doubt it happens again. As for Luke? Well not too many defensive players will pass up a free td.

JasonEvans
01-29-2016, 11:58 AM
As a Falcons fan, I am looking forward to seeing the Panthers win and realize that, were it not for one game in Atlanta, we could be looking at the Panthers going down as perhaps the greatest team in history.

Highlander
01-29-2016, 03:23 PM
As a Falcons fan, I am looking forward to seeing the Panthers win and realize that, were it not for one game in Atlanta, we could be looking at the Panthers going down as perhaps the greatest team in history.

I'll settle for second place on the all time list if we win :)

I actually think the Falcons loss helped refocus the team, show them they aren't unbeatable, and give them additional momentum going forward. Kind of like Duke losing to ND in the ACC tournament last year.

mattman91
01-29-2016, 04:06 PM

Will they make themselves a trophy for that? :cool:

wilson
01-29-2016, 05:08 PM

Will they make themselves a trophy for that? :cool:Maybe just a banner. Uncle Arthur probably needs some more decorations for his giant r̶i̶d̶i̶c̶u̶l̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶v̶a̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶j̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶ new stadium. (http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/downtown/2015/04/13/falcons-stadium-price-billion/25736401/)

moonpie23
02-01-2016, 11:49 AM
everyone talking about THEIR defense.......hopefully, that will make ours play with the serious chip on their shoulders....

moonpie23
02-03-2016, 01:02 PM
bump bump bump bumpity bump bump........keep on telling us how the panthers have been "lucky" and that Denver's D is going to shut Cam down, and how magical Peyton's 2nd ring is gonna be.....

and keep on pounding

Tom B.
02-03-2016, 10:31 PM
Meanwhile, an elementary school in Charlotte did this. I gotta hand it to the Panthers -- they know how to build a fanbase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIml9YpHHo8

moonpie23
02-04-2016, 12:35 PM
awesome......

moonpie23
02-04-2016, 01:10 PM
charlie rose keeping the faith..... (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/super-bowl-50-north-carolina-colorado-hometown-cities-carolina-panthers-denver-broncos/)

mattman91
02-07-2016, 10:09 AM
Bump.

Today is the day.

Keep Pounding!

moonpie23
02-07-2016, 10:48 AM
#keeppounding!!

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-07-2016, 01:21 PM
As someone who grew up in Charlotte pre-Panthers, I didn't care much about football until later in life. I anticipate this will be one heckuva game and would be really surprised if Carolina doesn't pull it out.

moonpie23
02-07-2016, 04:12 PM
gettin close to ROCK time.........

#keeppounding....

mattman91
02-07-2016, 04:18 PM
Keeeeeeep....