PDA

View Full Version : Typical Tar Heel behavior

gurufrisbee
11-08-2015, 06:51 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-news/4660524-julis-peppers-cam-newton-video-packers-panthers

Maybe Cam should have told Peppers he would be give course credit for turning the ball in.

davekay1971
11-08-2015, 07:14 PM
Saw that.

If only Cam knew how to say, "Can I please have the ball? I'd like to give it to a kid in the stands" in Swahili...

I was happy when Pepper left the Panthers. Even forgetting that he's a product of the Minor League Team Formerly Known as UNC, by his last couple of seasons he was a massively talented bum, who managed to jack up his sack numbers in his last (contract) season. Watching that sulky, immature, toddler-tantrum performance, my only regret seeing him in Packers uniform is that I kind of like the Packers.

One of many, many former members of the Minor League Team Formerly Known as UNC that I am happy to let them claim.

weezie
11-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Well, I'm quite suuuuuuuuuure the packer front office will come up with some smarmy response defending jpeppa, the jack-butt.

Cam Newton is still far, far better looking.

I like that davekay, the "BUM" part that is. ^^^

Duke95
11-08-2015, 08:14 PM
LOL @ Peppers' UNC transcript.

Furniture
11-08-2015, 08:20 PM
Peppers doesn't know how to lose!!

The trouble with being a good sport is that you have to lose to prove it.

Dukehky
11-08-2015, 08:23 PM
I love the Panthers, I don't like Peppers, I LOVE Cam Newton, he's my favorite athlete in the world, but it's kinda funny how this thread is making fun of Peppers for his college "exploits," when Cam probably did something too...

tteettimes
11-08-2015, 08:29 PM
Neither attended Duke University !!

NYBri
11-08-2015, 09:56 PM
...and this has to do with Duke Basketball....how?

elvis14
11-09-2015, 09:30 AM
...and this has to do with Duke Basketball...how?

I really hate it when I see multiple UNCheat threads on DBR. Last I checked this was a Duke Basketball Board not a baby blue smurf football board.

AtlDuke72
11-09-2015, 09:34 AM
I love the Panthers, I don't like Peppers, I LOVE Cam Newton, he's my favorite athlete in the world, but it's kinda funny how this thread is making fun of Peppers for his college "exploits," when Cam probably did something too...

Somebody should tell your favorite athlete how to act during the playing of the national anthem.

PackMan97
11-09-2015, 10:07 AM

The difference is Auburn has never pretended they run the cleanest program in the history of forever and Auburn doesn't bill themselves as "the public ivy"

Dukehky
11-09-2015, 10:51 AM
Somebody should tell your favorite athlete how to act during the playing of the national anthem.

Maybe you should do it! In fact, you should write a dissertation on how professional athletes should act during the National Anthem (capitalize it when you're referring to a specific one, because that's the respectful thing to do), right before they're about to go on the field and do their jobs. Then you can email it to Goodell and he will distribute it to the rest of the teams in the league, so that you aren't offended by something you see for 2 seconds on tv before a football game. Are you the one pressing charges on him for tearing down the Packers sign too?

English
11-09-2015, 11:40 AM
Maybe you should do it! In fact, you should write a dissertation on how professional athletes should act during the National Anthem (capitalize it when you're referring to a specific one, because that's the respectful thing to do), right before they're about to go on the field and do their jobs. Then you can email it to Goodell and he will distribute it to the rest of the teams in the league, so that you aren't offended by something you see for 2 seconds on tv before a football game. Are you the one pressing charges on him for tearing down the Packers sign too?

Need to spread the love or I would've shared some sporks. Smacks of sour grapes after the Falcons loss to the lowly 49ers, helmed by Blaine Gabbert.

rthomas
11-09-2015, 05:41 PM
I don't see this so much as Tar Heel behavior, but more of general football behavior. Take the ball away from your opposing QB and throw it is pretty minor compared to beating your wife or girlfriend, poke someone in the eye, fight at bars, drive drunk. It goes on and on. What's the diff? It doesn't take a Tar Heel.

AtlDuke72
11-09-2015, 09:07 PM

It really isn't that complicated. Most of us learned how to act during the national anthem in about the third grade.