PDA

View Full Version : Who do u want to win on 12/1 - Maryland or UNC?

TerpsInACC
11-03-2015, 11:12 PM
I know you all want Duke to win the national title this year. Who do you want to win on 12/1 when Maryland goes to Chapel Hill?

Maryland - a team where 98% of the alumni who are older than 30 years old wanted to stay in the ACC but I admit we have some jerk students who were disrespectful to Duke. Plus, Maryland left the ACC because our AD made us bankrupt.

or
North Carolina - a team that has been cheating about academics for years and the NCAA continues to defend them from any penalties.

I hope you pound Indiana by at least 20 points in the challenge.

gam7
11-03-2015, 11:23 PM
Non-rival vs. Cheating Rival. Easy, I'll take non-rival. :)

gurufrisbee
11-03-2015, 11:24 PM
Maryland. I want Maryland to win.

And then a giant sinkhole to open up and swallow both teams.

Duke95
11-03-2015, 11:36 PM
Maryland, an actual university vs. UNC, a paper class factory?

Maryland, of course.

Edouble
11-03-2015, 11:53 PM
I don't really care who wins. Honestly.

Kedsy
11-03-2015, 11:56 PM
Who do you want to win on 12/1 when Maryland goes to Chapel Hill?

This one's easy. My second favorite team is whoever's playing UNC.

PackMan97
11-03-2015, 11:58 PM
Anyone
But
Carolina

Pghdukie
11-04-2015, 12:49 AM
I'm predicting the game goes down to the last play, the refrees blow the call, no one wins and an earthquake hits and swallows both teams. Never to be heard of again. Screw them both.

RCDevil
11-04-2015, 12:57 AM
I'll be the biggest Maryland fan of them all when you guys play UNC.

gep
11-04-2015, 01:17 AM
Against unc???? No question... MARYLAND. But maybe the only time it's Maryland for me...:cool:

bjornolf
11-04-2015, 06:27 AM
Terps. I took some summer classes there, and according to their mailings, that makes me an alumnus there too. My GPA at UM is WAY higher than at Duke, too.

OldPhiKap
11-04-2015, 06:56 AM
Maryland, and I hope Sheed drops 30 on them. In the first half.

WakeDevil
11-04-2015, 07:08 AM
The only people who think this is a question worth asking are the misguided souls who matriculated to Durham while Juan Dixon was in school at College Park.

oldnavy
11-04-2015, 07:22 AM
If Iraq was playing UNC, I'd put a hijab on pull for Iraq.

wilson
11-04-2015, 07:29 AM
The only people who think this is a question worth asking are the misguided souls who matriculated to Durham while Juan Dixon was in school at College Park.Many of us who fit this description still don't think this is a worthwhile question.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
11-04-2015, 07:29 AM
ABC, so that literally means anybody. Maryland, Kentucky, Florida State, Miami, ISIS, Iran, Putin, the kid that stole my lunch money when I was a kid...Anybody but Carolina.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-04-2015, 08:02 AM
ABC, so that literally means anybody. Maryland, Kentucky, Florida State, Miami, ISIS, Iran, Putin, the kid that stole my lunch money when I was a kid...Anybody but Carolina.
Pretty much says it all right there.

But I'm far more interested in us beating them on this Saturday than what happens to carolina in December.

MChambers
11-04-2015, 08:14 AM
I'll be rooting for the nearest meteor.

whereinthehellami
11-04-2015, 08:20 AM
MD. UNC shouldn't even be playing in this game.

BD80
11-04-2015, 09:34 AM
Sheed.

And I hope some of the malignant UA uniform pattern migrates onto the unc uniforms, causing an infection that turns the baby poo blue into a more appropriate cow dung brown.

Bluedevil114
11-04-2015, 09:45 AM
I hate both teams but would rather lesser of two evils. I am hoping Rasheed Sulaimon hits the game winning three pointer at the buzzer over Zeller.....sorry I mean Hicks. Go Duke.

Krzyzewskiville33
11-04-2015, 09:46 AM
Definitely the Terps. Have to support Rasheed in all games not against Duke, but most definitely against UNC.

sandinmyshoes
11-04-2015, 09:50 AM
This was a slam dunk choice until I read the wheedling opening post. I kept hearing it in an Eddie Haskell voice.

toughbuff1
11-04-2015, 09:55 AM
I know you all want Duke to win the national title this year. Who do you want to win on 12/1 when Maryland goes to Chapel Hill?

Maryland - a team where 98% of the alumni who are older than 30 years old wanted to stay in the ACC but I admit we have some jerk students who were disrespectful to Duke. Plus, Maryland left the ACC because our AD made us bankrupt.

or
North Carolina - a team that has been cheating about academics for years and the NCAA continues to defend them from any penalties.

I hope you pound Indiana by at least 20 points in the challenge.

Having lived in Maryland my whole life, you are seriously underestimating the amount of disrespect Duke gets around the state. I wear a Duke lanyard to hold my work ID, and when I go out to lunch (not even remembering I'm wearing my ID badge) I get unprovoked nasty comments quite often. I usually just smile and shrug it off, but I really don't get the hate. This come from people of all ages, not just college students mind you. In fact, some of the old-timers are worse than the kids, and they should know better.

Regardless, I'm rooting for Maryland. Despite their fan base, I am a Marylander, so I like to see the school do well (when they're not playing the Blue Devils of course). And even if I didn't, 9F!

weezie
11-04-2015, 01:50 PM

Oh yeah, ref throws a flag, slips on flag, both teams collapse in a scrum and the roof of the dump dome caves in.

md for the win

elvis14
11-04-2015, 02:21 PM
I don't understand the question.

Edouble
11-04-2015, 03:21 PM
The only people who think this is a question worth asking are the misguided souls who matriculated to Durham while Juan Dixon was in school at College Park.

I'm sorry, what?

IMO, Juan Dixon is hands down the easiest Maryland player to root for. I love Juan Dixon. He's a great, great ACC player.

I could see if you made the above remark about Steve Francis...

OldPhiKap
11-04-2015, 03:45 PM
I'm sorry, what?

IMO, Juan Dixon is hands down the easiest Maryland player to root for. I love Juan Dixon. He's a great, great ACC player.

Maryland was one of my favorite ACC teams (besides Duke of course) up until things got ugly in the early 2000's. Their crazed hatred/jealousy/boil-your-bunny-I-will-NOT-be-ignored frenzy that came on after that was astounding and personally sad.

Carolina sucks, has sucked, and will always suck. The most. Ever.

Just not even close.

Edouble
11-04-2015, 03:49 PM
Maryland was one of my favorite ACC teams (besides Duke of course) up until things got ugly in the early 2000's. Their crazed hatred/jealousy/boil-your-bunny-I-will-NOT-be-ignored frenzy that came on after that was astounding and personally sad.

You can't separate the fan base from the player though? I don't think any of that came from Juan Dixon.

Similarly, I absolutely loved Anthony Davis's game his one year in college. Not crazy about Calipari, but that won't stop me from enjoying beautiful basketball when I see it.

subzero02
11-04-2015, 03:55 PM
I'm sorry, what?

He probably made the comments because that's when the games with Maryland were the most heated and carried the most national significance... while Dixon was there they snapped our ACC winning streak on our homecourt (2000), there was gone in 60 seconds(2001), boozer's broken foot game(2001), an epic acc semifinal game(2001), an epic final four comeback (2001)and an outstanding performance by a junior j will in cameron(2002). I was ok with Dixon but I made it a point to taunt Blake during pregame warmups.

OldPhiKap
11-04-2015, 03:58 PM
You can't separate the fan base from the player though? I don't think any of that came from Juan Dixon.

Similarly, I absolutely loved Anthony Davis's game his one year in college. Not crazy about Calipari, but that won't stop me from enjoying beautiful basketball when I see it.

No, agreed. I am fine with Dixon and others from the post-meltdown era.

I even like the games of some Heels over the years. I include Marcus Paige in that, last year's struggles notwithstanding. I don't dislike him, I just want his team to lose.

And I'll root for Sheed all year, not to dredge up that whole thread again.

smvalkyries
11-04-2015, 11:33 PM
UNCCH- Of course I live in SoCal and don't have to deal with numerous Carolina alumni- here its more rooting for the ACC (besides I dated a lot of Carolina girls back in the 60's).
I don't remember any Carolina fans throwing heated pennies at our players mothers or throwing full water bottles at us. UNCCH may be academic cheaters but for the most part they are not dangerously mentally ill. Besides unlike a terrapin UNCCH women are not generally larger than their male counterparts and do not need to withdraw their heads within their shells.

TerpsInACC
11-04-2015, 11:46 PM
Maybe I should not have started this thread last night as I feel I cursed the Tar Heels and got Marcus Paige injured today. He has a broken hand and is out 3 to 4 weeks. If he plays, UNC still will not be at full power. Now if another Tar Heels gets injured tomorrow, I will have to stop writing a thread here or Roy Williams is going to hire a hit man to kill me. Glad to hear the support for the Terps (I know the lesser of two evils) and Rasheed Sulaimon.

-bdbd
11-04-2015, 11:53 PM

Was going to say, CAN THEY BOTH LOSE???????

:confused:

Henderson
11-04-2015, 11:55 PM
Hypothetically, if a fellow enjoyed a good post-game College Park riot, would that fellow root for Maryland to win or lose? I forget.

But if Maryland has to lose for me to get my riot, I need UNC-CH to lose too. I don't know what they have to do, or whom they have to know, but the officials would have to get that done.

If Maryland goes all Maryland if they beat UNC-CH, it's win-win. I get my riot, and some terrific Sportscenter too.

Rip 'em up, Sheed.

MarkD83
11-05-2015, 03:55 AM
Oh yeah, ref throws a flag, slips on flag, both teams collapse in a scrum and the roof of the dump dome caves in.

md for the win

Can we get the refs that did the Duke-Miami game to ref the Md-UNC game. I might watch just to see Roy and Turgeon go nuts on the sideline.

royalblue
11-05-2015, 05:28 AM

md for the win

From looking for meteors to a dome caving in you fine people have given me some wonderful things to consider on this thread. Terps all the way although since I sat in the Maryland section at the 2001 FF uncch is the only team I have cheered them on to defeat. Sheed will test that as I may cheer for a terp win more often now.
Pull for the heels? That question more easily replied to than any other thing you can possibly ask. NO

BlueDevilBrowns
11-05-2015, 06:39 AM
I'm rooting for the Heels to win...

Because when we beat UNCCH three times this year, it will help our strength of schedule and RPI.

weezie
11-05-2015, 08:48 AM
...IMO, Juan Dixon is hands down the easiest Maryland player to root for...

What about horse-tooth Steve Blake? He kinda has teeth like your Edubs?! :cool:

oldnavy
11-05-2015, 09:00 AM
The Most Interesting Man in the World just texted me,

"I don't often drop the F-bomb, but when I do, it is immediately followed by .... UNC. Stay thirsty my friend."

MChambers
11-11-2015, 01:42 PM
Maryland just lost a guard to a season ending injury, so Rasheed will either start or be sixth man:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/terrapins-insider/wp/2015/11/10/dion-wiley-undergoes-knee-surgery-will-miss-maryland-basketball-season/

Furniture
11-11-2015, 05:27 PM
Sheed, so by consequence Maryland too!!

moonpie23
11-11-2015, 08:07 PM
is this a trick question? who would you want to win? unc or ANYONE?

umm...i'l take THE PATRIOTS over unc...

how's that?

wsb3
11-11-2015, 08:37 PM
Maryland & it is not even close.

BigZ
11-11-2015, 08:44 PM
A real Duke fan wouldn't have made this thread?

OldPhiKap
11-11-2015, 09:31 PM
A real Duke fan wouldn't have made this thread?

The thread was started by a Maryland fan, which makes it a fair question from his/her perspective. And I think the answer is kinda overwhelming.

Fear the Turtle, you lying sacks of excrement who have cheated since Dean Smith started to get his butt handed to him by that young Polish coach with the long name. Go to HELL Carolina.

SmartDevil
11-11-2015, 09:44 PM
Put me the long list of Duke fans who will be rooting for the Terps over UNC.

But in an ideal world neither team would win another game all season.

left_hook_lacey
11-12-2015, 08:02 AM
Why does this topic always come up? It's ABC always. ALWAYS!!!!

9f

David Bunkley
11-12-2015, 08:46 AM
...shall be rooting for an act of God to overtake the stadium and end this travesty before it begins.

(Gun to my head? Turtles)

weezie
11-12-2015, 09:13 AM
Put me the long list of Duke fans who will be rooting for the Terps over UNC....

"Rooting" is a tad overwrought. Watching sideways with a tinge of nausea while maybe removing wallpaper from a small bathroom is probably more realistic.
:cool:

duke blue brewcrew
11-12-2015, 09:19 AM
Maryland, and I hope Sheed drops 30 on them. In the first half.

Agreed. I'll be pulling for Sheed and to a lesser extent, the Twerps to beat the CHeaters

TruBlu
11-12-2015, 09:43 AM
One of them has to lose, so it's a win-win for the lose-lose.:confused: