PDA

View Full Version : Women golfers play forthe East Lake Cup this afternoon

WV_Iron_Duke
11-03-2015, 11:01 AM
Duke vs Southern Cal 2:pm on the Golf channel. No.1 vs No. 2

duke79
11-03-2015, 11:23 AM
The Duke women played very well in their first match against Stanford (the defending national champion that returned all of their golfers from that championship team!). I watched quite a bit of the match on The Golf Channel (nice that the Blue Devil mascot is at the matches. LOL). Let's hope their good play continues this afternoon.

There was a funny moment in the telecast yesterday when The Golf Channel showed on the screen a summary of the Duke women's record this past Fall at three different tournaments, including winning the Tar Heel Invitation in Chapel Hill and Lanny Wadkins, one of the announcers, quipped: "I'm sure the people in Chapel Hill were NOT happy about that!!"

killerleft
11-03-2015, 11:43 AM
It's just a new-format tourney between the Final Four schools from last year. The NCAA Championship is played in the spring.

AtlDuke72
11-03-2015, 02:54 PM
It's just a new-format tourney between the Final Four schools from last year. The NCAA Championship is played in the spring.

This event is called the East Lake Cup and will be an annual event. It honors Tom Cousins who is an amazing man and philanthropist who developed the entire area and the golf course. It is one of the finest urban redevelopments anywhere, anytime.

75Crazie
11-03-2015, 03:47 PM
Not looking good, I'm afraid. USC has won two matches (to Duke's one) and is up in the two remaining matches (3 up through 13 and 1 up through 15).

Furniture
11-03-2015, 03:51 PM
I hope they have their wellies on! It's raining cats and dogs!