PDA

View Full Version : What would you ask Thomas Sirk

JasonEvans
11-02-2015, 03:54 PM
If, just hypothetically, you were the host of an amateur podcast and would be interviewing the Duke QB tomorrow, what questions would you ask?

Just hypothetically, of course ;)

-Jason "is it possible to tag Donald Wine and Sam Klein in this post?" Evans

Henderson
11-02-2015, 03:56 PM
If, just hypothetically, you were the host of an amateur podcast and would be interviewing the Duke QB tomorrow, what questions would you ask?

"How do you deal with the occasional second-guessing of your play, the play calling, and the officiating of a game? How do you move on and just get ready for the next game?"

devildeac
11-02-2015, 03:59 PM
Is Coach Cut as much of a gentleman "on the field/in practices" as he is publicly to the fans/media? (confidentially, of course;))

Bob Green
11-02-2015, 03:59 PM
I would ask him to self assess his development this season. How different is Thomas Sirk today compared to the Thomas Sirk who was warming up prior to the Tulane game? Then I would follow up with questions asking where the progress has been made and what area(s) still requires the most improvement.

weezie
11-02-2015, 04:06 PM
I'd ask him if he'd accept a hug. From me....not you podcast maniacs.

oldnavy
11-02-2015, 04:33 PM
I would ask him to self assess his development this season. How different is Thomas Sirk today compared to the Thomas Sirk who was warming up prior to the Tulane game? Then I would follow up with questions asking where the progress has been made and what area(s) still requires the most improvement.

This!

I might be a bit more leading and ask if he feels the game is slowing down, and if he feels he is getting better at looking off receivers and reading his progressions.

I might ask about timing work with his receivers and if he feels they are getting better chemistry as the season goes on.

These are a couple of areas that I see needing improvement in Sirk's game so I would be interested in his thoughts about these areas, hence the leading aspect of the question.

BigWayne
11-02-2015, 04:40 PM
I would ask him when he is going to shave off that mustache. :)

Dev11
11-02-2015, 04:49 PM
"Tommy, can you hear me?" This week's audio quality is brought to you by The Who.

Do I forfeit my amateur status if Bob Green gives me beer at his tailgate? This is another hypothetical question.

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-02-2015, 04:55 PM
I'd ask him if he'd accept a hug. From me...not you podcast maniacs.

I can tell you the answer this this question.

weezie
11-02-2015, 04:56 PM
I can tell you the answer this this question.

Give him one from me. And Jeremy, too! ;)

gus
11-02-2015, 05:08 PM

What's your biggest weakness? Oh wait -- wrong thread.

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-02-2015, 05:10 PM
Give him one from me. And Jeremy, too! ;)

I'll be meeting with the team the evening before the game and will honor your requests.

OldPhiKap
11-02-2015, 05:33 PM
1. What made you choose Duke as opposed to the other programs that recruited you? Can you tell us who was also in the running at the end?

2. How do you close out the results of one game and move to focus on the next one? Do you focus first on the big picture of what defense you expect to see, or specific aspects (rush, secondary, certain downs, certain players, etc.)? Curious as to how that is sequenced.

3. Which do you enjoy more -- throwing a touchdown in the red zone, or running for one? I mean, I know you enjoy both, but what do you get more satisfaction from doing personally?

4. Why is OPK your favorite poster on DBR? Please provide pertinent examples (and limit yourself to about a dozen)?

5. If a train leaves Chicago at 12:30 headed east at 60 miles per hour, and a train leaves Scranton at 2:00 headed west at 45 miles per hour, how many years of post-season ban should the tar heels get for being a bunch of cheating weasels?

(Okay, I wouldn't give the last one. No math or bulletin board material)

As someone who like football content -- a very cool hypothetical.

weezie
11-02-2015, 05:37 PM
... Why is OPK your favorite poster on DBR?...

I'm pretty sure he'd rather give me a hug than give you one. :cool:

OldPhiKap
11-02-2015, 05:39 PM
I'm pretty sure he'd rather give me a hug than give you one. :cool:

I dunno -- I'm kinda squishy

madscavenger
11-02-2015, 05:51 PM
After you pass for 5 and rush for 2, when you get to Disneyland next Sunday what's the first thing you're going to do?

{And remember, no special bennies; send the bill to Chapel Hill}.

Edouble
11-02-2015, 07:43 PM
How many minutes does he think Obi will average this season?

Will Thornton start the Livingstone game?

Who is gonna take over for Coach K?

killerleft
11-02-2015, 08:12 PM
How many minutes does he think Obi will average this season?

Will Thornton start the Livingstone game?

Who is gonna take over for Coach K?

Ok, but quickly, I can answer for him: 7 minutes, yes, and Capel. Now, back to football!!!!!!!!!!

OldPhiKap
11-03-2015, 08:51 AM
1. You were able to score two touchdowns in overtime against VTech, both of which were "must-make" in order to win or keep going. You drove the team down the field and scored on our last possession of the Miami game to take the lead in a "must score" drive under pressure as well. What is the key to leading drives like this under pressure? Is there a particular vocal leader in the huddle other than yourself that helps get the team moving down the field?

2. Do you read DBR? Does the coaching staff discourage reading such things? (Would not be surprised if they are, and probably with good reason. Just curious though).

hudlow
11-03-2015, 09:33 AM
Is there too much air in the ball?

brevity
11-03-2015, 09:48 AM
1. "You've played UNC before. When you line up against them, can you smell the cheating as it emanates from their uniforms, or do you see it in their dead eyes?"

2. "When I watch the NFL on Sundays, I sometimes decide to leave the room when my team is in the Red Zone and send my brother in to watch that part of the game for me. Would you consider that unusual behavior?"

3. "We know that Duke football players are far too classy to wield spray paint and commit property damage in Chapel Hill. But how would you feel about the proper installation of two new signs? We have one that says CASH STADIUM and another that says AUSTIN RIVERS DOME."

OldPhiKap
11-03-2015, 09:51 AM
2. "When I watch the NFL on Sundays, I sometimes decide to leave the room when my team is in the Red Zone and send my brother in to watch that part of the game for me. Would you consider that unusual behavior?"

Wit indeed, literally chuckled out loud at this.

(Where'd your sig line go?)

CameronBlue
11-03-2015, 09:57 AM
1. What defensive schemes are the trickiest to read?
2. How often do you check off at the line of scrimmage (or Chekhov at the line of scrimmage, 1 sister, 2 sisters, 3 sisters hut HUT!)
3. It seems that Duke played a lot of cover 2 against Miami but not very much at all against VaTech. It that observation is accurate, why the different defense approach?

toughbuff1
11-03-2015, 09:57 AM
How should the basketball team's minutes be allocated this year? ;-) Seriously, though, ask him his thoughts on the ending of the Miami game, and what has the team done to get past that. Also, do he and his teammates attend any of the basketball games?

OldPhiKap
11-03-2015, 10:14 AM
When Payton Manning was down at Duke, did he tell you what the hell "Omaha" means?