PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Duke game 11/14 from Denver

dmac2681
11-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Some buddies and I are going to the Bryant game on the 14th. Does anyone have advice on a good sports bar or restaurant to hang out after the game? Any other must see places besides the obvious on campus places?

uh_no
11-02-2015, 02:22 PM
http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/misc.php?do=page&template=DBRVisit

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-02-2015, 02:29 PM
There will be an important football game played that day in Wallace Wade Stadium when Duke takes on Pitt for Senior Day. The football game will impact parking and campus activity regardless of what time the conference finally announces for the kickoff, so come on and join us!

devildeac
11-02-2015, 02:39 PM
http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/misc.php?do=page&template=DBRVisit

Three of the "authors" of that link are reputable people. One is not like the other. You're really taking a chance with that first contributor:o.

dmac2681
11-02-2015, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the info guys! Is there tailgating before the football game?

Bob Green
11-02-2015, 03:32 PM
Is there tailgating before the football game?

Yes! Lots of tailgating.

Dev11
11-02-2015, 03:33 PM
If you're back in Denver that week, you should attend Duke Forward. We also occasionally host basketball watch parties at Blake Street Tavern.

weezie
11-02-2015, 04:22 PM
There will be an important football game played that day in Wallace Wade Stadium when Duke takes on Pitt for Senior Day. The football game will impact parking and campus activity regardless of what time the conference finally announces for the kickoff, so come on and join us!

You're not going to get a better invitation than one from DitBD!! :cool:

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-02-2015, 05:08 PM
Some buddies and I are going to the Bryant game on the 14th. Does anyone have advice on a good sports bar or restaurant to hang out after the game? Any other must see places besides the obvious on campus places?

I may have been too subtle when I commented earlier. The big game on campus on November 14 will be in the football stadium named for the coach who established Alabama football as a national power and did the same at Duke. Regardless of the outcome of the game between now and then, the Pitt game is the last home game of the season. It will be senior day for the football team, the cheerleaders, the band. A division championship is the goal. The football game will be the function at the junction.

It's always a good time to get with the program. David Cutcliffe is one of the finest football coaches and gentlemen in the country. As a result of his work under Paul Bryant, he is a part of the Wallace Wade coaching tree and the Alonzo Stagg caching tree. The opponent is one Duke has played at major junctures since the stadium opened. It doesn't get much better than that!

You may have planned your trip to see a little basketball, but it's the football game that day which may give you memories of a lifetime.