PDA

View Full Version : ACC sorta announces game times for 11-14; Duke-Pitt on hold

jimsumner
11-02-2015, 12:52 PM
Or pending video review.

Too soon? :)

ACC Announces Game Times & Networks for Nov. 14

GREENSBORO, NC – The Atlantic Coast Conference Monday announced game times and networks for Saturday, November 14.

ESPN has declared a six-day option for the games of Nov. 14 and will hold the following four games with game times and networks announced after the games of Nov. 7.

Clemson at Syracuse, Six-Day Option

Pitt at Duke, Six Day Option

NC State at Florida State, Six-Day Option

Miami at North Carolina, Six Day Option

Thursday, Nov. 12

Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech, ESPN, 7:30 p.m. (Previously Announced)

Saturday, Nov. 14

Virginia at Louisville, RSN, 12:30 p.m.

Wake Forest at Notre Dame, NBC, 3:30 p.m. (Previously Announced)

All times are Eastern.

Keep in mind that there's a Duke men's game that night. Could get interesting. A 12/12:30 kickoff and it's a seriously long day. A 3:30 kickoff and it gets tight.

uh_no
11-02-2015, 01:01 PM
Keep in mind that there's a Duke men's game that night. Could get interesting. A 12/12:30 kickoff and it's a seriously long day. A 3:30 kickoff and it gets tight.

Is there any sort of veto power the university has for conflicts with other events? What if, for instance, the schools facility was not available when the network wanted to schedule the game?

or is it mandated that every school have the facilities available for every game?

jimsumner
11-02-2015, 01:23 PM
I hope that 7 is unlikely but I can't even imagine what that would do. Def-Con 4?

Olympic Fan
11-02-2015, 01:34 PM
I was shocked to see the six-day hold on the game-time (if not the network -- like the UNC game which was slotted at noon two weeks ago with network only set Sunday).

This HAS to be a Noon kickoff (or 12:30 p.m. if it's on the ACC Network). Even a 3:30 p.m. start creates massive logistical problems.

The basketball game is at 8 p.m. -- there is no way Duke could host football and basketball at the same time ... 200 feet apart.

Earlier, I thought that if the networks picked a 7 p.m. football kickoff, Duke could move the basketball game to early afternoon. But then I realized that Duke is playing its opener Friday night ... they CAN'T ask the basketball players to play a game at night and another the next early afternoon.

-- Can they move the basketball game to Sunday night? (Which would cut a day off preparations for the Kentucky game)
-- Can Duke demand a noon start for football?
-- Can they move the basketball game to another location (I don't mind giving up homecourt advantage vs. Bryant, but where could they go?)

Even if we get a noon football game and an 8 p.m. basketball game, it's going to be a mess. But anything else would be impossible.

jjasper0729
11-02-2015, 03:31 PM
I would presume this has to be a noon start since Virginia/Louisville already has a 12:30 start. Is that not the ACC Network slot? I didnt' think either FSC or FSS started at 12:30 for their games.

hallcity
11-02-2015, 03:45 PM
The Bryant game is only on ESPN3. The basketball game time could easily be changed to the afternoon if necessary.

Olympic Fan
11-02-2015, 03:51 PM
The Bryant game is only on ESPN3. The basketball game time could easily be changed to the afternoon if necessary.

So you asking the Duke players to play Friday night 8-10 p.m., then come back in the early afternoon?

Stray Gator
11-02-2015, 04:06 PM
So you asking the Duke players to play Friday night 8-10 p.m., then come back in the early afternoon?

That scheduling of back-to-back games happens all the time in the ACC Tournament -- under circumstances in which we're not playing on our home court and the games are normally against stronger competition. I don't think it would be regarded as a serious problem if the Saturday game is moved from evening to mid-afternoon.

OldPhiKap
11-02-2015, 08:31 PM
That scheduling of back-to-back games happens all the time in the ACC Tournament -- under circumstances in which we're not playing on our home court and the games are normally against stronger competition. I don't think it would be regarded as a serious problem if the Saturday game is moved from evening to mid-afternoon.

Yup. Tourney practice.

awhom111
11-08-2015, 01:10 AM
Duke Football tweeted that the game would be at noon on ESPNews.

sagegrouse
11-08-2015, 11:05 AM
Duke Football tweeted that the game would be at noon on ESPNews.

Hey great! We may not be winning, but we are still making News!

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-08-2015, 12:08 PM
Hey great! We may not be winning, but we are still making News!

And still on TV. ;)

Olympic Fan
11-08-2015, 12:26 PM
Just to make it official:

ACC Announces Game Times & Networks for Nov. 14

GREENSBORO, NC – The Atlantic Coast Conference Monday announced game times and networks for Saturday, November 14.

Thursday, Nov. 12

Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech, ESPN, 7:30 p.m. (Previously Announced)

Saturday, Nov. 14

Pitt at Duke, ESPNews, Noon

NC State at Florida State, ACC Network, 12:30 p.m.

Virginia at Louisville, RSN, 12:30 p.m. (previously announced)

Clemson at Syracuse, ABC/ESPN2, 3:30 p.m.

Miami at North Carolina, ESPNU, 3:30 p.m.

Wake Forest at Notre Dame, NBC, 3:30 p.m. (Previously Announced)

All times are Eastern.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-08-2015, 02:00 PM
Noon, huh. This will be one very long weekend. Bball game Friday night, tailgate/Blue Devil walk at 9:30, game at noon, bball game at 8:00pm. Then a golf tourney Sunday morning in Raleigh (and nc AWWA show exhibit set up after the golf). Should be a lot of fun!:cool:

jimsumner
11-08-2015, 02:35 PM
As an aside, the press release for this went out at 12:38 A.M.

Who sends out press releases at 12:38 A.M.?

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-08-2015, 03:06 PM

People who can't sleep.

OldPhiKap
11-08-2015, 03:25 PM

Hitler. Obviously.

devildeac
11-08-2015, 06:32 PM
Sunny and 53 on Saturday.

At this point though, I'm not sure whether that's the over/under or the # of points forecast for Pitt to score:o:rolleyes: .

arnie
11-08-2015, 06:46 PM
Kind of surprised we opened as a favorite