PDA

View Full Version : Poor form -- new shirt for sale by Miami

diablesseblu
11-02-2015, 10:44 AM
It would be embarrassing if Duke did this. Why am I not surprised by Miami's doing it?

madscavenger
11-02-2015, 10:56 AM
This is bound to alarm some people, those thinking they may be returning to probation. They may have read that Butch Davis has recently expressed a desire to go home.

IsInTheDetails
11-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Can one of our local DBR design experts craft an updated version of this shirt showing where the knee was down, where the blocks in the back occurred, where the Miami player entered the field from the sideline, and where the ref stood while screwing us over? I'd wear a "The Debacle" t-shirt.

AustinDevil
11-02-2015, 11:32 AM
Can one of our local DBR design experts craft an updated version of this shirt showing where the knee was down, where the blocks in the back occurred, where the Miami player entered the field from the sideline, and where the ref stood while screwing us over? I'd wear a "The Debacle" t-shirt.

Ditto.

buddy
11-02-2015, 11:34 AM
Miami has already demonstrated that they have no class and no character. Let it pass. How I long for the old ACC before expansion.

oldnavy
11-02-2015, 11:42 AM
Hey, we now live in a world where the "Mighty ""U""" celebrates wins over Duke in football..... think about that for a minute or two, it's kinda of sad for them pretty awesome for us!

diablesseblu
11-02-2015, 11:44 AM
Hey, we now live in a world where the "Mighty ""U""" celebrates wins over Duke in football... think about that for a minute or two, it's kinda of sad for them pretty awesome for us!

:)

Love your perspective. Enthusiastically agree!

sagegrouse
11-02-2015, 11:47 AM
I dunno, guys and gals, but this may make the Duke football program a household word. Nothing like tons of publicity to help things along. IMHO (where the H has been missing for years and years) Miami is free to print as many tee shirts as they want -- it only helps Duke and reinforces the notion that the Canes got an undeserved win.

As a fer instance, Jack Dempsey in later life said that getting a raw job on the "long count"* against Gene Tunney was the best thing that ever happened to him. It made him even more famous and was the solid basis for his restaurant and other business activities.

Kindly,
Sage

*Dempsey, the "Manassas Mauler," was seeking to regain his heavyweight championship against Tunney, which he had lost on decision the previous year, in front of 104,000 in Soldier's Field in Chicago. Tunney was well ahead in rounds until round seven when Dempsey floored him in a corner with a total of eight punches. Rather than go to the "neutral corner," which was a new rule, Dempsey stood over Tunney, delaying the count by a few seconds, which (some say) gave Tunney time to recover and finish out the match.

Reisen
11-02-2015, 11:54 AM
I dunno, guys and gals, but this may make the Duke football program a household word. Nothing like tons of publicity to help things along. IMHO (where the H has been missing for years and years) Miami is free to print as many tee shirts as they want -- it only helps Duke and reinforces the notion that the Canes got an undeserved win.

As a fer instance, Jack Dempsey in later life said that getting a raw job on the "long count"* against Gene Tunney was the best thing that ever happened to him. It made him even more famous and was the solid basis for his restaurant and other business activities.

Kindly,
Sage

*Dempsey, the "Manassas Mauler," was seeking to regain his heavyweight championship against Tunney, which he had lost on decision the previous year, in front of 104,000 in Soldier's Field in Chicago. Tunney was well ahead in rounds until round seven when Dempsey floored him in a corner with a total of eight punches. Rather than go to the "neutral corner," which was a new rule, Dempsey stood over Tunney, delaying the count by a few seconds, which (some say) gave Tunney time to recover and finish out the match.

This. I hate to say it, but in the long term, I think this might be a net positive for Duke Football. Gets a lot of attention paid to our program, and we look like a combination of David (which is goofy, because Miami is certainly no Goliath these days) / the good guy / the victim.

This is going to be a net negative to Miami, and that play / win will always be tainted. If we're using boxing analogies, this was Lewis-Holyfield.

miramar
11-02-2015, 12:21 PM

How about a shirt with the photo from the N&O that clearly shows that the guy was down at the 26?

Dukehky
11-02-2015, 12:39 PM
F it, F those guys. I just want to kick the living excrement out of Carolina. God I am so mad. Jeremy Cash is going to rip Marquise Williams' soul out of his body on Saturday.

devildeac
11-02-2015, 12:48 PM
F it, F those guys. I just want to kick the living excrement out of Carolina. God I am so mad. Jeremy Cash is going to rip Marquise Williams' soul out of his body on Saturday.

And, if he does, he'll be penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct...

And, we won't be allowed to review/change the call...

But I still hope it happens

rthomas
11-02-2015, 01:11 PM
A shirt - that's all they got.

BigWayne
11-02-2015, 01:17 PM

Yes, the best way to put this unfortunate episode behind us is to take the tarheels to the woodshed.

blazindw
11-02-2015, 01:23 PM
The Miami Law alum in me is shaking my head so hard.

And I'm still angry.

BD80
11-02-2015, 01:38 PM
... Jeremy Cash is going to rip Marquise Williams' soul out of his body on Saturday.

Objection. Assumes facts not in evidence.

Tom B.
11-02-2015, 01:39 PM
How about a shirt with the photo from the N&O that clearly shows that the guy was down at the 26?

With the word "Undeserved" under the picture, where the "U" in "Undeserved" is the Miami U logo.

On second thought, you'd probably run into some trademark issues.

gwlaw99
11-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Why would you want to commemorate a game that you only won because the refs clearly blew several calls? If I were a Miami fan, I'd be embarrassed to wear that.

uh_no
11-02-2015, 02:23 PM
A shirt - that's all they got.

and a win.

oldnavy
11-02-2015, 03:19 PM

He's a tarheel, do they have souls??

TKG
11-02-2015, 03:25 PM
Is this Warren Sapp's attempt to replace lost income from his multiple firings as a football "analyst"?

Devilwin
11-02-2015, 04:06 PM
Why would you want to commemorate a game that you only won because the refs clearly blew several calls? If I were a Miami fan, I'd be embarrassed to wear that.

Gotta remember, some people have no shame.

JPtheGame
11-02-2015, 04:10 PM
Remember when it would have been t-shirt worthy for Duke to beat Miami and now its the other way around? Good job coach cut!
It could be worse, they could've trashed our locker rooms like some other no class piece of tar program.

weezie
11-02-2015, 04:11 PM
Charlie Rose was steamed on the CBS Morning show. Couldn't bring himself to comment, very gruff.

miami is nothing more than an incubator for bed bugs. To bloody hell with them.

Edouble
11-02-2015, 08:47 PM
Outside of our control.

If it is so classless, then why let it bother you?

Next play. Go Devils!

tfk53
11-03-2015, 08:21 PM
I was more amused by this T-shirt rather than upset by it. It is like Miami is saying we have been the fortunate recipient of a gift called "The Return." Like many gifts, undeserved but greatly appreciated by the recipients.

And, if one takes away the crucial missed block in the back call and the missed and unreviewed downed knee call and that it involved our Blue Devils, it was an amazing play. What are the odds of 8 laterals being completed? What are the chances that the ball will hit the turf twice and bounce perfectly to the next player? If this happened without the officiating errors in a game in which I had no emotional ties, I would have been laughing at the sheer incredulity of this play.

Onto taking it out the heels!

HK Dukie
11-03-2015, 08:24 PM
I laughed at the shirt. It was done well.

That said, I hope every shirt has some bed bugs inside.

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-03-2015, 08:33 PM
Now that a few days have passed, I still consider the mayhem a fiasco defying any sort of understanding, but I'm ready to move on in living life and preparing for Carolina. All the mess is provoking a major discussion on the national level to take a look at what adjustments are needed for the rules of the game to catch up with the technology in use. Coach Cutcliffe spoke to this notion this afternoon.

When I say preparation for Carolina, I mean a sharp focus on the work required to meet the challenges which Carolina will bring to Saturday, on and off the field.

wavedukefan70s
11-04-2015, 07:58 AM
Charlie Rose was steamed on the CBS Morning show. Couldn't bring himself to comment, very gruff.

miami is nothing more than an incubator for bed bugs. To bloody hell with them.

There went my coffee. Hilarious ,bravo.
"Incubator for bed bugs"

MCFinARL
11-04-2015, 08:23 AM
Objection. Assumes facts not in evidence.

So, I take it you would sustain BD80's objection?

cspan37421
11-04-2015, 09:25 AM

I thought they sold them long ago.

Scorp4me
11-04-2015, 09:55 AM
I thought they sold them long ago.

I once sat in a car with a friend as we carried on a conversation. In the back seat was a mutual acquaintance who was coming to the same event and had hitched a ride. She wanted so bad to join in on the conversation that at some point she interjected some tidbit of information into the conversation that made absolutely no sense. I looked at my friend ready to politely acknowledge our back seat companion's comment and perhaps try to include her. To which my friend simply gave me an exasperated look and replied "So anyway..." and continued with the conversation. It was not the nicest way to reply, but I'll be darned if it wasn't the perfect response!

I feel like Carolina fans have become that back seat companion. Before this whole scandal I would have tried to politely deal with their dribble and include them in the conversation if they tried. But now "So anyway..." just fits perfectly. Only problem after that the back seat passenger shut up the rest of the trip...a Carolina fan never does.

DukieInKansas
11-04-2015, 11:38 AM
I laughed at the shirt. It was done well.

That said, I hope every shirt has some bed bugs inside.

If Joe Blow Shirtmaker had designed the shirt and was selling it, it would not bother me nearly as much. It is the fact that, even after the ACC said that the play should not have resulted in a touchdown, the University is selling the shirt that irks the h e double hockey sticks out of me.