PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lining

freshmanjs
11-02-2015, 09:02 AM
I, for one, have been an emerging Duke football fan. This experience has really solidified my engagement. I hope that's true for others and the fanbase as a whole. Maybe this awful game will galvanize the Duke community around football and begin a new era of us against the world fandom!

Sixthman
11-02-2015, 09:19 AM
I, for one, have been an emerging Duke football fan. This experience has really solidified my engagement. I hope that's true for others and the fanbase as a whole. Maybe this awful game will galvanize the Duke community around football and begin a new era of us against the world fandom!

I think there may be some truth to this. If we had come up short on our last drive, there would have been a lot of talk about Duke imploring fans to show up for big games and then the team not showing up (see UNC last year and the first half Saturday night). Instead, we played a great last five minutes and then were robbed by the refs. It is, whatever else it is, a more marketable post game analysis.

duke blue brewcrew
11-02-2015, 09:21 AM

WELCOME! The two decades of hell wasn't fun, but Coach Cut & Co are changing that tune, and I like this song A LOT better!

captmojo
11-02-2015, 09:48 AM
I think I mentioned somewhere earlier, that this may do untold of damage to the 'Duke haters' club. Why just this very morning, I even heard one notable personality on television, say that this situation almost made her feel sorry for Duke.