PDA

View Full Version : Do we play the Tar Heels this week?

rthomas
11-02-2015, 08:49 AM
I couldn't tell.

GTHC! GTHC! GTHC!

davekay1971
11-02-2015, 09:04 AM
I don't think we play Tar Heels, actually.

We play some team that DOES wear baby blue, except when they want to feel more manly and they put on something closer to Duke blue instead; a team that used to be affiliated with a good academic university, but now appears to be a semi-pro team that is funded by a good academic university in some kind of NASCAR-style advertisement/endorsement deal; some team who's defense is coached by a guy too mired in cheating and scandal to coach in the Situation Ethics Conference, and who's previous head coach left the Miami Hurricanes thinking "glad THAT guy doesn't coach for us anymore...he's too shady for the U."

No, that can't be the Tar Heels. The Tar Heels are the University of North Carolina, and they abide by the Carolina Way and respect William Friday's legacy.

Plus: I haven't seen Ozzie's status check thread yet. UNC is not officially our next game until the status thread check is up.

RepoMan
11-02-2015, 09:40 AM
It is weird. I hate those guys just as much as ever. And, I still want them to lose every game in every sport in the most awful ways possible. But, given the scope and length of time of the fraud and cheating, it just doesn't feel the same.

Their fans though. That is what makes it the worst. Living in the area, it is overwhelming. My daughters root for Duke, but are pretty ambivalent to college sports. They get heckled. Sort of like, "Daddy, I was playing soccer at school today, and this boy tripped me and then he called me a Duke 'flopper' =-- what does that mean?"

So, it may not be the same, but they remain despicable.

GTHC!

captmojo
11-02-2015, 09:44 AM
...I haven't seen Ozzie's status check thread yet. UNC is not officially our next game until the status thread check is up.

Agreed.

Duke95
11-02-2015, 09:53 AM
We play some smurf blue wearing, paper class taking, cheating bastages from Chapel Hill.

madscavenger
11-02-2015, 10:29 AM
.....................................They get heckled. Sort of like, "Daddy, I was playing soccer at school today, and this boy tripped me and then he called me a Duke 'flopper' =-- what does that mean?"....................................So, it may not be the same, but they remain despicable.
GTHC!

What it means is that after considerable debate, we cannot decide whether their punishment should be retrospective or prospective.

oldnavy
11-02-2015, 10:51 AM
I am a little worried about this weeks game for a litany of reasons, here are 10;

1. UNC is playing better than us on both sides of the ball
2. UNC cleaned our clock last year
3. We spent a TON of emotional capital Saturday night
4. Our play calling at times has become very predictable and honestly very boring (can anyone remember ONE misdirection play this year? I can not)
5. Sirk is too inconsistent on deep passes and does not do a good job of progression (i.e., he locks on to one receiver)
6. UNC cleaned our clock last year
7. I am having an overall crisis of faith in humanity and good lately which predisposes me to a sense of doom (at least in this life)--- working on this however :)
8. My lack of faith in humanity was confirmed Saturday night in WW Stadium -- minor setback to #8 :(
9. UNC is evil and at least until Armageddon, evil seems to be winning
10. UNC cleaned our clock last year (I cannot erase that from my mind, sorry)

Now having said all of this, we most certainly CAN win this game and I will be 100% emotionally invested in it of course....

So, GTHC, GTH

DukePA
11-02-2015, 10:52 AM
It is weird. I hate those guys just as much as ever. And, I still want them to lose every game in every sport in the most awful ways possible. But, given the scope and length of time of the fraud and cheating, it just doesn't feel the same.

Their fans though. That is what makes it the worst. Living in the area, it is overwhelming. My daughters root for Duke, but are pretty ambivalent to college sports. They get heckled. Sort of like, "Daddy, I was playing soccer at school today, and this boy tripped me and then he called me a Duke 'flopper' =-- what does that mean?"

So, it may not be the same, but they remain despicable.

GTHC!

You are so right. It does not feel the same. After the un-cheat vandalism last year and the decades of cheating, I am at the point where I wish we would leave the bell on the field with a note attached pointing out that they are no longer worthy rivals. That said, I will likely always despise the majority of the fan base for the rest of my life. I get crap every time I wear a Duke shirt, which is often. I made the mistake of venturing over to IC and learned that they have a particularly nasty name for Coach Cut and are screaming for him to be suspended for a game for criticizing the officials. Of course they believe the ACC is just kissing butt with the suspension of the officials. Vile.

DBFAN
11-02-2015, 11:07 AM
Yeah UNC could beat us, especially with them being at home, but I really do like our chances. First of All I am not in agreement that UNC defense is playing better than ours. The only team they have played that is a high scoring team really is GT. YES they did their job against the teams they are supposed to, but I look at the teams they have played and I would argue that Duke will by far be the best defense they have seen thus far.
I also remember last year very well...and so does this football team. And after this past weekend they will def be playing with the "it's us against the world attitude"

GTHC

oldnavy
11-02-2015, 11:25 AM
Yeah UNC could beat us, especially with them being at home, but I really do like our chances. First of All I am not in agreement that UNC defense is playing better than ours. The only team they have played that is a high scoring team really is GT. YES they did their job against the teams they are supposed to, but I look at the teams they have played and I would argue that Duke will by far be the best defense they have seen thus far.
I also remember last year very well...and so does this football team. And after this past weekend they will def be playing with the "it's us against the world attitude"

GTHC

I am in the very uncomfortable position of actually NOT disparaging UNC, but I could say that their offense will be the best we've faced this year, and that their defense last year set records for ineptitude (ECU laid 70 on them, that always make me smile)... and yet they pretty much shut us down. This year their defense is MUCH improved and I am not sure our offense is better this year.... and that is just the eye test, so stats may prove me wrong.

We made Rosier look like Tom Brady Saturday, and Williams is a MUCH better QB, a true duel threat.

Hey, I hope we beat them by 110 points.... but I will be very happy with a 1 point win.... we are just going to have to play our best game of the year to win IMO.

aimo
11-02-2015, 12:04 PM
I won't be watching, won't be listening. I'll be driving along the Outer Banks - out of Blue Devil Radio range and with probably no Wi-Fi. But that's OK. Just as long as nothing's left after the game but a light blue smear on the field. GO BLUE DEVILS and GO TO HELL HOLES!!!

-jk
11-02-2015, 01:05 PM
I won't be watching, won't be listening. I'll be driving along the Outer Banks - out of Blue Devil Radio range and with probably no Wi-Fi. But that's OK. Just as long as nothing's left after the game but a light blue smear on the field. GO BLUE DEVILS and GO TO HELL HOLES!!!

If you have a smart phone, the TuneIn Radio app carries Duke games.

-jk