PDA

View Full Version : Front Page Article on ACC Double Dippers

Edouble
11-02-2015, 02:08 AM
FWIW, it seems like Gary Williams (Maryland, Boston College) should count as an ACC Double Dipper too.

The front page article chart heading says "Coached Men’s Basketball At Multiple Schools Currently in ACC".

Well, South Carolina is one of the schools used in two of the examples. Clearly they are not currently in the ACC. But, seeing as how South Carolina left the conference in 1971, it seems like Maryland, who left in 2014, should count towards Double Dipper credit as well.

Likewise, if Notre Dame is counted as an ACC school for Matt Doherty before they were actually in the ACC, it seems like Boston College should count for Gary Williams.

I say there are five Double Dippers. Thoughts?

brevity
11-02-2015, 02:29 AM
FWIW, it seems like Gary Williams (Maryland, Boston College) should count as an ACC Double Dipper too.

Sure, if he dipped his chicken wing (http://rushthecourt.net/2007/10/04/gary-williams-hates-graduation/) in ranch dressing, and then blue cheese dressing.

sagegrouse
11-02-2015, 08:42 AM
But your column is full of, well, ca ne fait rien. FSU Coach Leonard Hamilton was at Miami for ten years, 1990-2000, before Michael Jordan hired him for "les Boulez." That was the only coach I guessed correctly, and it didn't make your answer sheet.

Kudos to E-Double for suggesting Gary Williams, which is also an unlisted winner.

Avec la bonte,

Sage Grouse
'Surely I should have gotten Struttin' Frank McGuire!'
"Four out of six right is 67 percent, which used to be a D, when that was part of the grading system"

Edouble
11-02-2015, 05:50 PM
But your column is full of, well, ca ne fait rien. FSU Coach Leonard Hamilton was at Miami for ten years, 1990-2000, before Michael Jordan hired him for "les Boulez." That was the only coach I guessed correctly, and it didn't make your answer sheet.

Kudos to E-Double for suggesting Gary Williams, which is also an unlisted winner.

Avec la bonte,

Sage Grouse
'Surely I should have gotten Struttin' Frank McGuire!'
"Four out of six right is 67 percent, which used to be a D, when that was part of the grading system"

Wow, good call on Leonard Hamilton. I am kind of disappointed that I forgot that one.

OK, so I guess there are six double dippers.