PDA

View Full Version : State/Clemson have no defense

Jarhead
10-31-2015, 04:06 PM
State 13, Clemson 13, 4 and a half minutes into the game.

Jarhead
10-31-2015, 04:28 PM
Oh well, somebody waked the defenses up little bit. At the end of the 1st period it is 16-13 in favor of Clemson, but Clemson is driving, and will likely score. Oh, well...

duke09hms
10-31-2015, 04:32 PM
Clemson defense is fine. NC State offense only scored a TD on the first drive of the game. Clemson has shut them down since only giving up State's 2nd TD when the Pack Devon'ed a kickoff return.

Kickoff return TD by Nyheim Hines, an uber-talented Duke RB target, who wasn't allowed to commit here due to academics.

neuro
10-31-2015, 04:55 PM
Another NCSU touchdown and a successful extra point. NCSU up one. Does a Clemson loss do anything at all to affect Duke's future? Perhaps a Clemson loss reveals that Clemson is vulnerable, and IF Duke gets to the ACC championship game, it might mean we have a better chance than expected. But I guess that's stretching the implications of a Clemson loss.

In terms of bowl games, I suppose we should be routine for Clemson to remain undefeated and get into the playoffs.

duke09hms
10-31-2015, 05:07 PM
oops spoke too soon. We really need Clemson to make the play-off this year, please don't choke it away AGAIN to NC State.

Let me re-word, we really need Clemson to make the ACC CG undefeated this year.

neuro
10-31-2015, 05:10 PM
Another quick score by Clemson. Just as well. I'd rather Clemson be undefeated when we beat them in the ACC Championship game. ;)

Indoor66
10-31-2015, 05:11 PM
I want to see Clemson make the Playoffs. They are the class of the league.

CDu
10-31-2015, 08:26 PM
oops spoke too soon. We really need Clemson to make the play-off this year, please don't choke it away AGAIN to NC State.

Clemson winning or losing has virtually no significance on our season.

duke09hms
10-31-2015, 08:32 PM
Helps us if the ACC is relevant in the title picture, esp if we continue our resurgence in the coming seasons.

Also if the right teams around the country lose, we want as strong a foe in the ACC CG. Sure, tiny minuscule chance but hey it's nonzero. And it's be a good loss if we can get there.

CDu
10-31-2015, 08:44 PM
Helps us if the ACC is relevant in the title picture, esp if we continue our resurgence in the coming seasons.

Also if the right teams around the country lose, we want as strong a foe in the ACC CG. Sure, tiny minuscule chance but hey it's nonzero. And it's be a good loss if we can get there.

The chances of us getting to the playoff are very very close to zero. As are the chances of us beating Clemson. Just not worth caring what they do right now. Heck, right now it is looking unlikely that we even get to the championship game, much less getting there with just the one loss.

duke09hms
10-31-2015, 08:48 PM
The chances of us getting to the playoff are very very close to zero. As are the chances of us beating Clemson. Just not worth caring what they do right now. Heck, right now it is looking unlikely that we even get to the championship game, much less getting there with just the one loss.

No argument there! But that's why we fans dream! Until it's impossible.

So pissed how we habitually don't show up for big home games. Like there's no reason for us to be complacent.

CDu
10-31-2015, 08:52 PM
No argument there! But that's why we fans dream! Until it's impossible.

So pissed how we habitually don't show up for big home games. Like there's no reason for us to be complacent.

Right there with you. I got home from trick or treating to find us down 14. Disappointing for sure. Hopefully we show some fight in the second half. This shouldn't be a big game. Miami is terrible. We are playing awful football right now.

elvis14
11-01-2015, 05:29 PM

Not sure what you mean by "choke it away AGAIN to NC State". Clemson has beat NCSU 11 or 12 games with the only loss coming in 2011 and Clemson has won 36 in a row against teams unranked in the AP.

duke09hms
11-02-2015, 12:17 AM
Not sure what you mean by "choke it away AGAIN to NC State". Clemson has beat NCSU 11 or 12 games with the only loss coming in 2011 and Clemson has won 36 in a row against teams unranked in the AP.

Precisely what I meant. The last time Clemson lost to an unranked team was to NC State in 2011. Clemson was #7, 9-1, and in the running for the BCS game then choked it away to 5-5 NC State. Hence the "choke it away AGAIN to NC State." Obviously they pulled away and will make the playoff if they run the table.

Now, I'm torn over wanting them to win the title. It would be great for the ACC and hence good for Duke? But after last night I f---ing hate the ACC and all the football establishment schools.