PDA

View Full Version : Who Would Be The Heir ?

CharlestonDave
10-30-2015, 08:14 AM
A friend of mine who knows that I am a big Duke fan asked me the following question :

If Coach K decided to step down who would be his successor , Capel, Wojo, Dawkins, Amaker , Collins or someone else?

I told him I would post his question on a Duke Basketball Board as its members are much more knowledgable than I am on a subject like this.

BD80
10-30-2015, 08:19 AM
The hair is indubitably Quin Snyder:

CameronBlue
10-30-2015, 08:23 AM
The hair is indubitably Quin Snyder:

The air is indubitably rarefied. Fun with homonymphs.

dukelifer
10-30-2015, 08:42 AM
A friend of mine who knows that I am a big Duke fan asked me the following question :

If Coach K decided to step down who would be his successor , Capel, Wojo, Dawkins, Amaker , Collins or someone else?

I told him I would post his question on a Duke Basketball Board as its members are much more knowledgable than I am on a subject like this.

I would say that Capel has the inside track- but at the rate K is going- he may be coaching another 5 or more years.

CameronBornAndBred
10-30-2015, 08:51 AM
Season starts today...this thread is three months too late.

David Bunkley
10-30-2015, 08:54 AM

As a world class medical center, I am 100% sure that Duke has a multitude of Klones ready, should the original need to be decommissioned. It has been debated that this top secret initiative began in the wake of the 1995 season.

OldPhiKap
10-30-2015, 09:02 AM

Is a homonymph like some sort of aquatic dude-spirit?

CameronBlue
10-30-2015, 09:36 AM

Speedo optional.

nyesq83
10-30-2015, 10:06 AM
Please come to the Miami game, and bring friends and family, and we can debate the future of Duke Basketball while watching the present and future of Duke Football.

budwom
10-30-2015, 10:09 AM
yes, think football. Unless we want another 30 page thread of rampant speculation. No one knows. K is here now, when he wants to go he and Kevin White will sit down
and figure things out.

BD80
10-30-2015, 12:02 PM

I think they prefer to be called fairies

timmy c
10-30-2015, 12:48 PM
As a world class medical center, I am 100% sure that Duke has a multitude of Klones ready, should the original need to be decommissioned. It has been debated that this top secret initiative began in the wake of the 1995 season.
Of course it already began. How else do you explain the lack of grey heirs? ;)

Dr. Rosenrosen
10-30-2015, 01:48 PM
Or six months early.

Edouble
10-30-2015, 01:54 PM

Yeah, this pretty much says it all.

camion
10-30-2015, 02:05 PM

Or maybe heteronymphs.

ChillinDuke
10-30-2015, 02:20 PM
This thread is so funny for a variety of reasons.

- Chillin

MChambers
10-30-2015, 02:31 PM
Only hare around I've ever seen has been the Pancake Bunny.

OZ
10-30-2015, 02:34 PM
If Coach K decided to step down who would be his successor

... not something I am going to think about...

Mike Corey
10-30-2015, 04:40 PM
Or maybe heteronymphs.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

As to the OP, Coach has a lifetime contract. We're stuck with him for another 30 years.

OldPhiKap
10-30-2015, 04:42 PM
Or maybe heteronymphs.

If I am crazy about them, does that make me a . . . well, never mind.

mgtr
10-30-2015, 04:58 PM
Old, old, old joke in the same vein: What do a bald man, a drowning man, a bachelor, and a gorilla have in common?
One has no hair apparent, one has no air apparent, one has no heir apparent, and one has a hairy parent.:rolleyes:

Billy Dat
10-30-2015, 05:11 PM
I would say that Capel has the inside track- but at the rate K is going- he may be coaching another 5 or more years.

K is going to hang it up in 2020 - this is the start of the 5 season countdown.

In 2020, he'll step down with 7 National Titles and take over Jerry Colangelo's chairman role at USA Basketball.

Jeff Capel, his recruiting dynamo and right hand man for 3 late career titles and 8 consecutive #1-#2 ranked recruiting classes, will slide one chair over.

NSDukeFan
10-30-2015, 08:46 PM
Pretty sure Popovich has next.

devildeac
10-30-2015, 09:04 PM

Hey, I'm not as dumb as I look. That's the waffle bunny...

Henderson
10-30-2015, 09:17 PM
Speedo optional.

Be careful with them speedos. If you want to impress chicks on the beach, you have to remember to put the potato in the front.

As to the heir apparent, it's gotta be me. I sent in my resume in 1981 (I was sending out a lot of resumes back then), and I figure they'll just take the first guy who applied.

Ima Facultiwyfe
10-30-2015, 10:08 PM

Oh THANKS!!!!! I had forgotten all about the pancake bunny! Love him to pieces. Never die, pancake bunny! Never die!
Love, Ima

CameronBlue
10-30-2015, 11:01 PM
Be careful with them speedos. If you want to impress chicks on the beach, you have to remember to put the potato in the front.

Well...huh...this is embarrassing.

DukieTiger
10-31-2015, 12:37 AM

In 2020, he'll step down with 7 National Titles and take over Jerry Colangelo's chairman role at USA Basketball.

Jeff Capel, his recruiting dynamo and right hand man for 3 late career titles and 8 consecutive #1-#2 ranked recruiting classes, will slide one chair over.

Only 2 titles in the next 5 seasons?! K might indeed retire in 2020 out of shame for only getting 2 titles after 5 years of Thornton-Jackson-Allen-Kennard-Trent-Ingram-Tatum-Giles-Jeter-Carter-Bamba.

Steven43
10-31-2015, 01:25 AM

I don't think Jeff Capel has come close to showing that he should be the next head coach at Duke.

As far as recruiting goes we have no way of knowing how good recruiting would have gone during the last few years had he not been at Duke. I'm confident that Coach Krzyzewski and Duke University/Duke Basketball has been the main draw for recruits over that time span, not Jeff Capel.

Second, Capel's coaching career has been spotty. He did fairly well record-wise at VCU, but their strength of schedule was below average and VCU plays in a relatively weak conference. So that really doesn't prove very much. At Oklahoma his teams did well for two years with Blake Griffin dominating play, and very poorly his final two seasons after Griffith left school early. That is not the resume of the coach who would replace Coach K at Duke.

My dream coach is Brad Stevens. I think he and Duke University would be the perfect match.

Bay Area Duke Fan
10-31-2015, 02:31 AM
Bobby Hurley.

cptnflash
10-31-2015, 08:08 AM
I don't think Jeff Capel has come close to showing that he should be the next head coach at Duke.

As far as recruiting goes we have no way of knowing how good recruiting would have gone during the last few years had he not been at Duke. I'm confident that Coach Krzyzewski and Duke University/Duke Basketball has been the main draw for recruits over that time span, not Jeff Capel.

Second, Capel's coaching career has been spotty. He did fairly well record-wise at VCU, but their strength of schedule was below average and VCU plays in a relatively weak conference. So that really doesn't prove very much. At Oklahoma his teams did well for two years with Blake Griffin dominating play, and very poorly his final two seasons after Griffith left school early. That is not the resume of the coach who would replace Coach K at Duke.

My dream coach is Brad Stevens. I think he and Duke University would be the perfect match.

It took 17 hours this time... we're slipping.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
10-31-2015, 09:13 AM
Geez, you can take a razor and slip it down this thread to determine long-time posters from noobz.

I thought everyone knew there was an existing back room deal and handshake that Calipari would leave whatever job he has to step in to his true dream job at the drop of a hat. I can't imagine that has changed. Just consider how well he could recruit at a school like Duke.

OldPhiKap
10-31-2015, 09:16 AM
I am hoping that Ozzie gets it. That is, of course, if he can handle football and basketball at the same time.

BD80
10-31-2015, 09:20 AM
It took 17 hours this time... we're slipping.

At least he didn't say Hitler ...

Geez, you can take a razor and slip it down this thread to determine long-time posters from noobz.

I thought everyone knew there was an existing back room deal and handshake that Calipari would leave whatever job he has to step in to his true dream job at the drop of a hat. I can't imagine that has changed. Just consider how well he could recruit at a school like Duke.

Never mind ...

OldPhiKap
10-31-2015, 10:24 AM
At least he didn't say Hitler ...

Never mind ...

BD80 wins the internet. Congratulations.

mgtr
10-31-2015, 10:24 AM

He would have so many recruits that he could field 3 or 4 complete teams!;)

Jarhead
10-31-2015, 10:34 AM
I haven't decided yet. That'll come along as soon as K lets us know, in five or more years.

devildeac
10-31-2015, 10:43 AM
I am hoping that Ozzie gets it. That is, of course, if he can handle football and basketball at the same time.

Ozzie will be able to handle FB and MBB at the same time, along with WBB, MS, WS, VB and all other Duke sports (no slight intended) because he's polishing up his credentials for yet another application for the AD position when Kevin White retires in 15-20 years;).

Indoor66
10-31-2015, 10:49 AM
I am sending K a letter requesting that he provide at least 30 months notice of his intent to retire.

This will permit this Board to properly analyze the situation; consider all alternaive possibilities; properly apply all advanced analytic analysis; and render a vetted opinion that Kevin White and his colleagues will find irresistible or irrelevant.

Which will it be?

COYS
10-31-2015, 10:09 PM
I am sending K a letter requesting that he provide at least 30 months notice of his intent to retire.

This will permit this Board to properly analyze the situation; consider all alternaive possibilities; properly apply all advanced analytic analysis; and render a vetted opinion that Kevin White and his colleagues will find irresistible or irrelevant.

Which will it be?

Perhaps by then Ken Pomeroy will have a coaching efficiency rating system so we can have tempo-free data to inform our choice.

weezie
10-31-2015, 10:18 PM

Which will it be?

So I take it all the hard work and brilliant insight up to this point has just been a warm up?

Indoor66
11-01-2015, 07:05 AM
So I take it all the hard work and brilliant insight up to this point has just been a warm up?

Obviously it will be entered into the data base for the analytical analysis. Not lost, just a data point.

BD80
11-01-2015, 09:30 AM
What does Crystal Ball say on the matter?

OldPhiKap
11-01-2015, 09:33 AM
KenPom favors Capel, but I think that's just recently bias.