PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's Game Parking

stevoflurane
10-29-2015, 12:01 PM
Hello all, long time follower, first time poster here. I have a question about parking for tomorrow's game. I am taking the wife and kids down for their first trip to the Duke campus. We are taking the kids out of school so they can "evaluate the college" (they are in first grade and kindergarten).

We are planning to get there early (between 1-2) and walk around the campus and facilities, but were hoping to only have to park once. Any advice?

Thanks,

Stevoflurane

uh_no
10-29-2015, 12:48 PM
Hello all, long time follower, first time poster here. I have a question about parking for tomorrow's game. I am taking the wife and kids down for their first trip to the Duke campus. We are taking the kids out of school so they can "evaluate the college" (they are in first grade and kindergarten).

We are planning to get there early (between 1-2) and walk around the campus and facilities, but were hoping to only have to park once. Any advice?

Thanks,

Stevoflurane

you should be fine in the BC garage all day (unless there is a special even during the day...which isn't super often).

Usually what happens is 2 hours before the game, they start charging when you ENTER the garage instead of when you LEAVE. This means if you arrive at the right time, you may not have to pay at all! (unless they've changed how it's done.

It's a little over a quarter mile from the garage to cameron, and the garage is right in the middle of west campus.

David Bunkley
10-29-2015, 01:01 PM
If you are staying at a hotel, they may offer a shuttle to and from the campus. That's what my wife and I do when we go.

CameronBornAndBred
10-29-2015, 01:12 PM
GoDuke.com releases a parking notice prior to most every event.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22724&SPID=1845&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210457780&DB_OEM_ID=4200

OldPhiKap
10-29-2015, 02:13 PM
Isn't the football game Saturday night, not tomorrow night?

BigWayne
10-29-2015, 02:19 PM

Apparently, there is some sort of weekend warmup event tomorrow night at CIS.

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-29-2015, 02:29 PM
Good seasonal focus!

stevoflurane
10-29-2015, 06:04 PM
Thank you all for the info!

OldPhiKap
10-29-2015, 08:20 PM
Thank you all for the info!

Hope you have a great time!

And stay an extra day, pull for the Devils against Miami at Wally Wade the next night! Perfect weekend!!!