View Full Version : ours are coolest

weezie
10-27-2015, 02:47 PM
clap-clap clapclapclap

weezie needs a new pair of shoes...

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/launch/c/2015-10/nike-free-trainer-5-0

Henderson
10-27-2015, 02:55 PM
Those are sweet. And they're being released between Duke's second back to back championship seasons. Price is not bad either.

I don't know who would wear baby blue shoes, I swear. Maybe they'd look good on the shuffleboard court at Del Boca Vista. If you are 70 and you want to go a little crazy by not wearing your white walking shoes.

Henderson
10-27-2015, 03:00 PM
Riddle me this:

How many credits does a UNC-CH player get for suffering the humiliation of wearing baby blue sneakers, baby blue shorts, and baby blue jerseys with baby blue argyle?

Henderson
10-27-2015, 03:02 PM
I'm sorry, your time is up. The correct answer is:

"How many do you need?"

rasputin
10-27-2015, 04:37 PM
Aaaaack! I scrolled down too far, and stepped in it.

DukieInKansas
10-27-2015, 04:42 PM
Those are sweet. And they're being released between Duke's second back to back championship seasons. Price is not bad either.

I don't know who would wear baby blue shoes, I swear. Maybe they'd look good on the shuffleboard court at Del Boca Vista. If you are 70 and you want to go a little crazy by not wearing your white walking shoes.

If you have to wear them, at least you have the satisfaction of walking all over the sheep inside. :D

flyingdutchdevil
10-27-2015, 04:45 PM
clap-clap clapclapclap

weezie needs a new pair of shoes...

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/launch/c/2015-10/nike-free-trainer-5-0

Sorry weezie (I'm gonna regret this), but the coolest ones, IMO, are UK's. I love the Duke logos, the "Blue" and "Devil" in one shoe, but I'm a bigger fan of blue, silver, and white than I am of black and blue. They just look better from afar.

No doubt I will be getting a pair, but I find it unfortunate that we can't get a pair in blue and white. :(

Edouble
10-27-2015, 06:49 PM
Aaaaack! I scrolled down too far, and stepped in it.

ACK! I did too!!! Yuck!

I want a pair of these. It's says D-U-K-E on the shoes! What a great idea!!!

nmduke2001
10-27-2015, 08:24 PM
I wonder how much a mint condition pair of these bad boys would go for in five years.

moonpie23
10-28-2015, 07:52 AM
but the coolest ones, IMO, are UK's. . :(

laptop breathalyzer down?

left_hook_lacey
10-28-2015, 08:16 AM
Sorry weezie (I'm gonna regret this), but the coolest ones, IMO, are UK's. I love the Duke logos, the "Blue" and "Devil" in one shoe, but I'm a bigger fan of blue, silver, and white than I am of black and blue. They just look better from afar.

No doubt I will be getting a pair, but I find it unfortunate that we can't get a pair in blue and white. :(

This.

A co-worker of mine(UNC guy) told me about this line yesterday, walked over to show me on his phone(yes he's getting a pair. "what could you possibly wear those with?" I asked). I could hardly hold my excitement to see the Duke version. But then when I saw them I was like, "When did Black become one of our primary colors?" I know we do a lot of black alternate uniforms and fun stuff like that, but I was unaware that black had become one of our base colors.

Like Flyingdutch, I'll still get a pair, but I feel like the other schools shoes are more traditional as far as the color patterns.

weezie
10-28-2015, 08:38 AM
Of course, everyone is entitled to their own fashion sense but pleased be advised that all incidents will be recorded in your permanent record.

:cool:

TKG
10-28-2015, 11:08 AM
Riddle me this: How many credits does a UNC-CH player get for suffering the humiliation of wearing baby blue sneakers, baby blue shorts, and baby blue jerseys with baby blue argyle?

Enough to become Chancellor.
Enough to run the Rams Club.
Enough to make the Dean's List. (see: Stackhouse, Jerry)

Edouble
10-29-2015, 02:08 PM
Bumping this up. Shoes are released tomorrow, 10/30, at 10:00 AM. They are also available on Eastbay at the same time.

revmel53
10-29-2015, 02:41 PM

The Kentucky shoes are too light in color. Black is the new Imperial Blue...

jwillfan
10-30-2015, 07:59 PM
I did, right at 10a this morning...went back to check and it looks like they are out. Maybe I keep them in box for resale for $$$$? Nah, just going to wear them. My son (12 yo) is a sneakerhead and will be *very* jealous!

msdukie
10-30-2015, 10:53 PM
They disappeared from Nike site, but Eastbay, Fanatics, and Sports Authority had them online last I checked.

msdukie
10-30-2015, 11:23 PM
Duke Store is selling them online too.