PDA

View Full Version : Informal poll: When do you want to see the NCAA hammer UNC?

FerryFor50
10-22-2015, 12:56 PM
Just a fun little poll to see what time frame would be the sweetest for sanctions.

FerryFor50
10-22-2015, 12:59 PM
If someone could adjust the thread title to make actual sense, that would be nice. :)

duke blue brewcrew
10-22-2015, 01:00 PM
Just a fun little poll to see what time frame would be the sweetest for sanctions.

Anytime is a good time to hammer the CHeaters! I can't say I want them to do well this year in basketball just so that it can get ripped away from them. I would enjoy watching them struggle all season long, and then have salt poured in the fresh wound of a miserable season.

OldPhiKap
10-22-2015, 01:11 PM
Valentine's Day -- before the ACCT starts. I don't want those cheaters eligible for that.

Best day would be the day of the second Duke-Carolina game. Talk about high volume press.

luburch
10-22-2015, 01:14 PM
Valentine's Day -- before the ACCT starts. I don't want those cheaters eligible for that.

Best day would be the day of the second Duke-Carolina game. Talk about high volume press.

Or the day after the second game. Duke would have just won 82-50 sweeping the regular season series. Insult + Injury.

devildeac
10-22-2015, 01:17 PM
You omitted March 27, 2016/Easter Sunday. Yea, I know it's not realistic a week before Final Four weekend, but what a bag of candy/basket of Easter eggs that would be...

;)

cspan37421
10-22-2015, 01:26 PM
I quit looking at options once I got to Festivus.

Truly, there's UNC, and there's ...

the rest of us.

Oh, sorry. There's SMU and UNC ... and the rest of us.

Wait ... make that, SMU, UNC, Louisville, Syra...

oh nevermind.

azzefkram
10-22-2015, 01:37 PM
How can daily not be an option?

moonpie23
10-22-2015, 01:41 PM
i didn't see a "yesterday" or "immediately" choice.......

Lord Ash
10-22-2015, 01:49 PM
Valentines, so they think all year they can win a title, and then have it snatched away.

Cheating SOBs. It kills me that the school and coaches and administrators cheated THOUSANDS of student-athletes at other schools out of wins and experiences they should have EARNED, but didn't because of cheaters.

moonpie23
10-22-2015, 01:54 PM
Cheating SOBs. It kills me that the school and coaches and administrators cheated THOUSANDS of student-athletes at other schools out of wins and experiences they should have EARNED, but didn't because of cheaters.

THIS......is why it's going to chap me so badly when they skate....

DukieInKansas
10-22-2015, 02:08 PM
Soon and often is the choice I want.

I'll have to contemplate before picking one of the options listed.

CameronBlue
10-22-2015, 02:10 PM
THIS......is why it's going to chap me so badly when they skate....

You sir are a major buzzkill. You are also likely correct.

Indoor66
10-22-2015, 02:17 PM
O, Lord, just allow the Hammer to fall. HEAVILY.

cato
10-22-2015, 02:36 PM
In the morning, in the evening, all over this land.

BigWayne
10-22-2015, 02:39 PM
I want it to be on a Wednesday of a week with no major holidays in it, some time between now and Memorial Day 2016.

OldPhiKap
10-22-2015, 03:07 PM
Just checked my calendar, tomorrow morning is good for me.

madscavenger
10-22-2015, 06:56 PM
i don't care when they do it, but the punishment better include that they have to re-hire Matt Doherty.

devildeac
10-22-2015, 07:36 PM
(from) 1993 (or earlier)-2011

weezie
10-22-2015, 07:44 PM
i didn't see a "yesterday" or "immediately" choice.......

For realzz moonie.

MarkD83
10-22-2015, 08:04 PM
i don't care when they do it, but the punishment better include that they have to re-hire Matt Doherty.

If we look back on Doh's stint at UNC we actually may hopefully see a sign of things to come. When he first arrived he wanted to get rid of the entire ASPCA but Dean told him no. Doh then went ahead and recruited the caliber of student that he was accustomed to at Notre Dame and that he thought were the type of students that were comparable to the rest of the ACC. He then went 8-20.

So, I hope the hammer forces UNC to only allow in student-athletes like those that Doh recruited so that we can see a string of 8-20 seasons.

Jarhead
10-22-2015, 11:29 PM
I voted for St Pat's day. That's when March Madness is really going strong. I'm hoping for a four year suspension for all UNC sports except for the sports provably untouched in this disaster. Golly that sounds extreme. Oh well, so what!

chrishoke
10-23-2015, 12:33 AM
Justice, whenever it is meted out, will be ever so sweet.

DukieInKansas
10-23-2015, 09:50 AM
Soon and often is the choice I want.

I'll have to contemplate before picking one of the options listed.

I've thought about it some more - can we add and all of the above option? :D

moonpie23
04-25-2016, 07:05 PM
THIS...is why it's going to chap me so badly when they skate...

man, i hate being right .......

this SUCKS.....

cbarry
04-25-2016, 07:40 PM
man, i hate being right ...

this SUCKS....

Sucks big time. I've been saying ALL ALONG UNC would skate. I think most people knew the NCAA wouldn't do anything to hurt it's golden child, UNC. It looks like any possibility of even mild penalties against MBB is gone. Sad day for college sports.

captmojo
04-26-2016, 01:09 PM
...it would be for, 'Immediately, if Not Sooner'.

swood1000
04-26-2016, 01:25 PM
In the normal course of events the COI decision will come out in December. Earlier would mean that UNC reached an agreement with the enforcement staff and was in effect pleading guilty so all that remained was the sentencing. Later could mean that UNC is vigorously disputing something and is appealing it, which sounds good. Or it could mean that the enforcement staff amended the NOA yet again (this time not to remove allegations — hope springs eternal). So I go with this one.

throatybeard
04-26-2016, 02:27 PM
I would settle for "at all, ever."

Newton_14
04-26-2016, 10:41 PM
I would settle for "at all, ever."
For real. And sorry, but punishing any sport besides mens basketball or football doesn't count so I don't know why we are leaving this thread open any longer either.

Short of a FedEx package from Roy to a recruit breaking open and having lots of cash fall out, I don't know what unc-cheat could do that would lead to the uNcaa punishing mens basketball, and even that would likely get explained away.

Things unc-cheat can do for men's hoops that are allowed by the uNcaa:
1. Provide luxury new model sports cars to basketball players. Check
2. Allow tutors to pay for any parking tickets basketball players get in said sports cars. Check
3. Allow tutors to write papers for basketball players. Check
4. Allow secretaries to assign whatever grade the basketball player needs to remain eligible to said papers. Check
5. Allow basketball players to plagiarize from papers 5th grade students posted online, for their paperclasses. Check
6. Allow moms of basketball players to receive high paying jobs in Dentistry Schools they are not qualified for. Check
7. Allow said moms to use the unc-cheat private plane to fly around the Country with her Dentistry Boss she is having an affair with to see her unccheat son's road games, and to games of her other children who play at other schools. Check
8. Allow basketball players to get paid to endorse mouthguards invented by School Dentists. Check

53n206
04-27-2016, 12:24 AM
I must be missing something. My recent impression recent impression is that the NCAA is going to give Carolina a certificate of merit for being so forthcoming in the investigation

plimnko
04-27-2016, 06:29 AM
I must be missing something. My recent impression recent impression is that the NCAA is going to give Carolina a certificate of merit for being so forthcoming in the investigation

didn't Bernie Madoff receive the same certificate?

left_hook_lacey
04-27-2016, 07:16 AM
I bit too. I had a bad experience with an online flower purchase recently, so I was more than eager to answer a survey.