PDA

View Full Version : Nobody can write like Featherston!

Ima Facultiwyfe
10-20-2015, 10:09 AM
Today's front page is just plain outstanding and one to print and save. Thanks Al! And seriously, bless your heart!
Love, Ima

Kedsy
10-20-2015, 10:28 AM
Today's front page is just plain outstanding and one to print and save. Thanks Al! And seriously, bless your heart!
Love, Ima

He got the starting lineup for the first game of the 2009-10 season wrong. Normally, I wouldn't point out that kind of mistake, but in an article talking about how starting lineups change from the first game to the last, you'd think he'd double-check that sort of thing.

Ichabod Drain
10-20-2015, 10:36 AM
He got the starting lineup for the first game of the 2009-10 season wrong. Normally, I wouldn't point out that kind of mistake, but in an article talking about how starting lineups change from the first game to the last, you'd think he'd double-check that sort of thing.

I guess Al doesn't get the special prize he himself was offering up!

Olympic Fan
10-20-2015, 10:40 AM

That's right -- Nolan missed the first two games that season due to a suspension for playing in an unsanctioned offseason game. So the starting lineup was:

Singler, Scheyer, Miles Plumlee, Thomas and Czyz.

patentgeek
10-20-2015, 10:49 AM
I also hate to quibble, because I love Al's stuff, but I believe that the "Chronicle Rant" Coach K issued in response to the "grades" article occurred during the 1989-90 season, not in 1990-91.

GGLC
10-20-2015, 11:57 AM
Al is certainly one of the biggest Duke boosters you'll find anywhere.

Edouble
10-20-2015, 02:23 PM

Wait, wha?

I don't believe that for a second! Ha! I would be disappointed by anything less than a correction by you or any other poster around these parts.

The special prize should be yours though, and I am excited to hear what it is!

TheTrain
10-23-2015, 01:50 PM
I also hate to quibble, because I love Al's stuff, but I believe that the "Chronicle Rant" Coach K issued in response to the "grades" article occurred during the 1989-90 season, not in 1990-91.

Correct
1989-90 season