PDA

View Full Version : Three Years Ago Today...

wilson
10-20-2015, 07:11 AM
...was, for my money, the greatest Duke football moment of my lifetime. How fortunate we are to still be witnessing the renaissance of our football program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC-F-Vxf36g

OldPhiKap
10-20-2015, 07:22 AM
Nice.

Go Duke, go to Hell Carolina.

PSurprise
10-20-2015, 08:45 AM
...was, for my money, the greatest Duke football moment of my lifetime. How fortunate we are to still be witnessing the renaissance of our football program.

Yeah, I was there! Such a wave of emotions during that game. Good memories!

Tom B.
10-20-2015, 09:48 AM
Still amazed that Crowder hung on to that ball after the high-low hit and landing on his head.

Speaking of Crowder, he's had a nice little uptick in his production these past few weeks. Over the last four games, he's averaged 6.25 catches and just under 60 yards receiving per game.

wilson
10-20-2015, 09:51 AM
Still amazed that Crowder hung on to that ball after the high-low hit and landing on his head.

Speaking of Crowder, he's had a nice little uptick in his production these past few weeks. Over the last four games, he's averaged 6.25 catches and just under 60 yards receiving per game....and I'm still amazed at how criminally bad the camera work was on the main broadcast angle of that play.

Merlindevildog91
10-20-2015, 09:58 AM
Thanks for posting, Wilson. I still get just a wee bit choked up watching that video, even if my live view from Section 24 was better than the camera angle.

I would spork you but I need to share the love.

CameronBornAndBred
10-20-2015, 10:24 AM
I gave my dad one of the game balls from that night as his bday present a couple months later. (One of the equipment mgrs parents tailgates next to us.) I love seeing it, and all the memories it brings. I can still feel the excitement of that evening, and the joy of going home so late, so tired, so happy.

It was a game that changed attitudes.

Lid
10-20-2015, 12:35 PM
I was impressed that you remembered the date exactly -- until this sign that my kids and I made for the game showed up as a suggested "memory" in my facebook feed this morning:

Ah. What a great game.

duke blue brewcrew
10-20-2015, 01:00 PM

The reverberation of my unbridled screams of joy can still be heard by my neighbors - AMAZING MOMENT!

dukebsbll14
10-21-2015, 08:05 PM
This was my junior year. I remember it felt like an eternity between when the pass was thrown and when we started celebrating. The student section is down at the other end of the field, so we couldn't tell right away if Crowder caught the ball or not.

fidel
10-22-2015, 12:22 PM
You can just make out the Carolina players putting the spray paint cans away. That work will need to wait for a couple years.

I remember hooting loudly when the score popped up. It'd be nice to get back for a game, I spent many hours running those steps in Wally.