PDA

View Full Version : Men's FB Kick-off Times for Oct 31

devildeac
10-19-2015, 01:10 PM
http://www.fbschedules.com/2015/10/college-football-tv-schedule-selections-oct-31-2015/

Looks like we're on the 6 day option as of now, along with all the other ACC games that day.

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-19-2015, 01:23 PM
http://www.fbschedules.com/2015/10/college-football-tv-schedule-selections-oct-31-2015/

Looks like we're on the 6 day option as of now, along with all the other ACC games that day.
As of 1:22P today, The ACC hasn't made any official announcement regarding game time for Oct. 31.

hallcity
10-19-2015, 02:05 PM
The game is at 7:00. I don't know the network. I'll guess ESPN-U.

Olympic Fan
10-19-2015, 02:10 PM
Just got the release from the ACC. Miami at Duke is (as hallcity reported) at 7 p.m. -- network to be determined -- either ESPN2 or ESPNU:

GREENSBORO, NC – The Atlantic Coast Conference Monday announced game times and networks for Saturday, October 31. The game times and networks for Thursday, Oct. 29 and Friday, Oct. 30 had been announced previously.

Thursday, Oct. 29

North Carolina at Pitt, ESPN, 7 p.m. (previously announced)

Friday, Oct. 30

Louisville at Wake Forest, ESPN2, 7 p.m. (previously announced)

Saturday, Oct. 31

Syracuse at Florida State, ABC, Noon

Virginia Tech at Boston College, ACC Network, 12:30 p.m.

Georgia Tech at Virginia, RSN, 3 p.m.

Clemson at NC State, ABC, ESPN or ESPN2*, 3:30 p.m.

Miami at Duke, ESPN2 or ESPNU*, 7 p.m.

*Networks determined after the games of Oct. 24.

All times are Eastern.

devildeac
10-19-2015, 02:15 PM
Just got the release from the ACC. Miami at Duke is (as hallcity reported) at 7 p.m. -- network to be determined -- either ESPN2 or ESPNU:

GREENSBORO, NC – The Atlantic Coast Conference Monday announced game times and networks for Saturday, October 31. The game times and networks for Thursday, Oct. 29 and Friday, Oct. 30 had been announced previously.

Thursday, Oct. 29

North Carolina at Pitt, ESPN, 7 p.m. (previously announced)

Friday, Oct. 30

Louisville at Wake Forest, ESPN2, 7 p.m. (previously announced)

Saturday, Oct. 31

Syracuse at Florida State, ABC, Noon

Virginia Tech at Boston College, ACC Network, 12:30 p.m.

Georgia Tech at Virginia, RSN, 3 p.m.

Clemson at NC State, ABC, ESPN or ESPN2*, 3:30 p.m.

Miami at Duke, ESPN2 or ESPNU*, 7 p.m.

*Networks determined after the games of Oct. 24.

All times are Eastern.

Ha! I should have waited another hour or so before starting the thread:o.

Go Devils!

Go Panthers!

Go (to hell), c*rolina!

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-19-2015, 02:18 PM
Folks kept calling for kickoffs later in the day, so here we are looking at kicking off at 7P on Halloween night. The current long range weather forecast calls for cooler temperatures and some possibility (40-50%) of rain showers. Time to get your big boy layers ready!

Acymetric
10-19-2015, 02:19 PM
We wanted the late kickoffs in September!

ETA: this does give me an outside shot at making the game though so I guess it works out well for me in that regard.

Duke_92
10-19-2015, 02:25 PM

Wow. This is tough for those of us with young kids. My 10 year old loves Duke Football and has been to more than half the home games since 2007, but I'd be afraid to ask her to choose between Duke Football and free candy. Maybe if we start trick-or-treating around 4:00pm we can make to the game on time.

CameronBornAndBred
10-19-2015, 02:33 PM
I LOVE this kickoff time. I know Duke had a lot of events planned for kids, including a parade at halftime I think, but I bet they will see a drop in attendance from parents who don't want to be horrible people. We'll see.
But, from my I Don't Have Kids perspective, I'm thrilled, it should be a really fun night. Looking forward to seeing what the students do; I'm guessing they show up well and are entertaining.

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-19-2015, 02:41 PM
Wow. This is tough for those of us with young kids. My 10 year old loves Duke Football and has been to more than half the home games since 2007, but I'd be afraid to ask her to choose between Duke Football and free candy. Maybe if we start trick-or-treating around 4:00pm we can make to the game on time.
This information was sent out recently in an email announcing the ticket specials for Miami and Pitt:

Be there on Halloween as Duke hosts Miami. Not only is it going to be a great day of football but kids are encouraged to wear their costumes and trick-or-treat on the concourse prior to the game. Then at halftime, all kids in costume are invited onto the field for a Halloween costume parade.

This is a special opportunity. Trick or treating in the concourse. Down on the field at halftime. How often do the kids get invited to be down on the field?

aimo
10-19-2015, 02:51 PM
Figures they'd finally schedule an evening game on Halloween night. We'll have a bunch of unused tickets.

devildeac
10-19-2015, 02:51 PM
I LOVE this kickoff time. I know Duke had a lot of events planned for kids, including a parade at halftime I think, but I bet they will see a drop in attendance from parents who don't want to be horrible people. We'll see.
But, from my I Don't Have Kids perspective, I'm thrilled, it should be a really fun night. Looking forward to seeing what the students do; I'm guessing they show up well and are entertaining.

No, you will not be permitted to wander around Devil's Alley with an empty 12 pack and accost all the tent denizens with cries of "Trick or Beer." :o

Scorp4me
10-19-2015, 03:10 PM
Figures they'd finally schedule an evening game on Halloween night. We'll have a bunch of unused tickets.

I have to agree. Could they screw us anymore with start times this year?!?!?! Love Duke football, love my son more. While it's admirable on Duke's part to provide so many things for the kids in attendance...I just don't see getting my 3 year old home after the game with a 7:00 o'clock start time and the trip home. Not Duke's fault, but man this year has sucked with regards to game times!

Bob Green
10-19-2015, 03:34 PM
The 7 pm kick-off works for me. My personal preference is 3:30 pm but I'll be there no matter what time they kick the ball. A 7 pm start provides the opportunity for lots of pregame camaraderie watching football on TV and enjoying a big meal at the True Blue Cue Crew tailgate tent. My biggest complaint for the 12:00 and 12:30 games is no football on TV during tailgate.

Lid
10-19-2015, 03:36 PM
Ugh. Ugh, ugh, ugh. Would have loved an evening start any other game. I was talking with some of the operations folks last week about plans for trick-or-treating at Wade, etc., but they seemed confident it would be a noon or 12:30 kickoff. That should have clued me in... We keep talking about how Duke needs the local community to show up to games in order to fill the stadium and generate support, and this doesn't help from the casual fan/family perspective. Hopefully it'll be lots of fun, but it's a hard sell, even for our family that goes to as many games as possible. Unfortunate.

BigWayne
10-19-2015, 04:57 PM

We are competing vs. the Vandy/Houston game. If Houston beats UCF, they will likely get the ESPN2 spot, unless Miami upsets Clemson and we beat VT. If we beat VT and Houston loses to UCF, we probably get the ESPN2 spot as we will be ranked higher.

Bob Green
10-19-2015, 04:59 PM
Men's FB Kick-off Times for Oct 31

Yo, Devildeac, when are they announcing the Women's FB Kick-off times?

devildeac
10-19-2015, 05:02 PM

I didn't want anyone to get confused after the Brew-ha-ha (sic) over this thread:

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?36563-Is-this-bulletin-board-material-or-what

Or, the thread/title confusion/change of this one:

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?36579-FB-MBB-BBQ-TV-interview-with-Calipari-at-the-Kentucky

:p

nyesq83
10-19-2015, 05:50 PM
My costume will be ready for a night game. I think it will be a special night for kids at the concourse and in the parade on the brand new field.

I will bring a giant bag of candy to donate to the youthful offspring of my fellow Duke Football fans.

Me prior to a Snickers bar: The Michigan punter.

Me after: Jeremy Cash (I wish hahahha).

OldPhiKap
10-19-2015, 07:48 PM
I'm going as a cooler full of beer. Let's see if this works . . . .

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-19-2015, 08:34 PM

Keg party?

awhom111
10-19-2015, 09:54 PM
The alternative to night games at this time of year is playing largely irrelevant games. Until we get extremely good or find another million fans, we are always going to struggle to get night games early in the year.

We are competing vs. the Vandy/Houston game. If Houston beats UCF, they will likely get the ESPN2 spot, unless Miami upsets Clemson and we beat VT. If we beat VT and Houston loses to UCF, we probably get the ESPN2 spot as we will be ranked higher.

The chances of Houston losing to UCF is super super small. I am trying to construct an objective argument that a 7-0 Houston is more attractive than two teams with some relevance and larger fanbases, but I am not sure I can make it. We better just win to make sure.

It will be interesting to see the ratings. It looks like our Georgia Tech win averaged about 775,000 viewers.

msdukie
10-19-2015, 10:04 PM

I would settle for the co-educational Football kickoff times since that is the only football the NCAA sanctions and Duke plays....

devildeac
10-19-2015, 10:45 PM

Hey, OPK-is that you:

OldPhiKap
10-20-2015, 06:24 AM
Hey, OPK-is that you:

Not hairy enough.

awhom111
10-25-2015, 12:47 AM
This has been updated:
http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-announces-game-times-networks-for-week-9-10-19-2015

ESPNU it is.

BigWayne
10-25-2015, 05:13 AM
This has been updated:
http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-announces-game-times-networks-for-week-9-10-19-2015

ESPNU it is.

Yep. Houston won.

SCMatt33
10-25-2015, 10:23 AM
Yep. Houston won.

Probably didn't help matters that Miami had to publicly back Golden for having a job within hours of the worst loss in school history. Candy picking up a rare SEC win also didn't help. So really, only one of the four games went towards Duke Miami being a better game to show (at least it was the most important one).