PDA

View Full Version : NBC's Rob Dauster semi-long read on Grayson

Billy Dat
10-13-2015, 02:18 PM
http://sportsworld.nbcsports.com/grayson-allen-duke/

flyingdutchdevil
10-13-2015, 02:31 PM
http://sportsworld.nbcsports.com/grayson-allen-duke/

Good article. The most interesting part is getting more insight into the recruiting process and how much influence Duke has over the landscape.

Sidenote: I almost didn't read the article after I read the title. Billy- start to not include the title in your description. ;)

DukeDevil
10-13-2015, 02:55 PM
Great article...thanks for posting it! I love how Grayson blew out his shoes, and then went back out because Duke was coming to watch...this kid is already special and I suspect he will only become more so. I also find it hilarious that he was watching during the JJ era...since I suspect he's going to take the "most hated current Duke player" award quickly (lots of Wisconsin fans already feel that way).

Clay Feet POF
10-13-2015, 03:10 PM
Seems like Coach K is lucky to have Coach James and #3

BLPOG
10-13-2015, 03:14 PM
I also find it hilarious that he was watching during the JJ era...since I suspect he's going to take the "most hated current Duke player" award quickly (lots of Wisconsin fans already feel that way).

IIRC, a young Redick became interested in Duke while watching Laettner. Let's hope Grayson continues that tradition of inspiration.

Billy Dat
10-13-2015, 03:26 PM
Sidenote: I almost didn't read the article after I read the title. Billy- start to not include the title in your description. ;)

Ha - I thought that would be click-bait! I guess I'll never work for Buzzfeed.

weezie
10-13-2015, 04:50 PM
Size 16 shoes?! My goodness!

Indoor66
10-13-2015, 05:00 PM

C a r e f u l....:D:cool:

flyingdutchdevil
10-13-2015, 05:02 PM

That's pretty big for a guard. The average in the NBA is around 14.8 (http://www.slamonline.com/nba/slam-nba-footwear-database-breakdown-sneakers-nba-players/#mmCAmgiRroveuCOV.97)

Robin Lopez wears size 20 shoes. I kinda wanna see what that looks like next to mine.

BD80
10-13-2015, 05:38 PM
C a r e f u l....:D:cool:

That's what she said

Krzyzewskiville33
10-14-2015, 12:50 PM
Great read. Specifically enjoyed the part about Grayson taking on more of a vocal leadership role. While Jones, Jefferson, and Plumlee seem to all be stepping up as strong leaders, I like to see that Grayson wants to take on that role for the younger guards as well.

oldnavy
10-15-2015, 08:10 AM
Great read. Specifically enjoyed the part about Grayson taking on more of a vocal leadership role. While Jones, Jefferson, and Plumlee seem to all be stepping up as strong leaders, I like to see that Grayson wants to take on that role for the younger guards as well.

The part about how Mr. Douglas (not the one from Green Acres) got to the game late and asked why his team was down 15.,,, his assistant's response was "you see that white boy" about the time Grayson did a 360... made me LOL.