PDA

View Full Version : any update on football injuries?

budwom
10-13-2015, 08:24 AM
Any update with real info on our football injuries from Saturday (Singleton, Brown, Wray)???? The Cone of Silence
seems to be in effect thus far, I imagine these guys would have been assessed by now. Hoping for the best.

loran16
10-13-2015, 12:39 PM
Given there's no need for an injury report this week, expect to hear very little unless they're fully at practice.

Bob Green
10-14-2015, 03:30 PM
According to the twitterverse, it appears everyone will be okay although Kyler Brown will miss some games:

Stephen Wiseman
‏@stevewisemanNC Quick #Duke football injury update. Relatively good news for everyone but Kyler Brown http://www.heraldsun.com/sports/blogs/knee-injury-sidelines-duke-s-brown/article_ec438ba6-729e-11e5-9ea7-8fbcd17f37aa.html … …

budwom
10-14-2015, 03:58 PM
According to the twitterverse, it appears everyone will be okay although Kyler Brown will miss some games:

No can read. Does it specifically mention Singleton and Wray, Bob?

Bob Green
10-14-2015, 04:01 PM
I can't read the article either, but Wiseman also tweeted this:

Stephen Wiseman ‏@stevewisemanNC · 1h1 hour ago  Raleigh, NC
@BlueDevilLair All about perspective. Singleton is the one who really dodged danger. That hit was nasty. Looked bad

budwom
10-14-2015, 04:06 PM

Great. I'll be thrilled it he got through that mostly unscathed. He's simply not replaceable.

Olympic Fan
10-14-2015, 04:18 PM

Stephen Wiseman ‏@stevewisemanNC · 1h1 hour ago  Raleigh, NC
@BlueDevilLair All about perspective. Singleton is the one who really dodged danger. That hit was nasty. Looked bad

As I posted in the postgame thread, Singleton was the victim of a chop block -- about 10 yards downfield from where the Army runner was tackled. He was being engaged high -- and behind -- by an Army blocker when a second blocker comes flying in at his knees. It was a vicious and illegal blow. It really looked ugly. I'm relieved to hear that he was not hurt badly.

Kyler's injury was just one of those things. His leg got tied up as he was engaged with the runner and his knee was twisted the wrong way. Not a dirty play, just bad luck.

oldnavy
10-15-2015, 08:06 AM
As I posted in the postgame thread, Singleton was the victim of a chop block -- about 10 yards downfield from where the Army runner was tackled. He was being engaged high -- and behind -- by an Army blocker when a second blocker comes flying in at his knees. It was a vicious and illegal blow. It really looked ugly. I'm relieved to hear that he was not hurt badly.

Kyler's injury was just one of those things. His leg got tied up as he was engaged with the runner and his knee was twisted the wrong way. Not a dirty play, just bad luck.

The shot on Singleton's leg did look bad, but thank the heavens his foot wasn't planted solidly in the turf and it gave way reducing the amount his knee buckled in.

There should have been a flag on that play, no doubt about it. Classic example of the dangerous chop block.

budwom
10-15-2015, 08:17 AM
nice discussions. Now, how is Singleton? Wray?

duke blue brewcrew
10-15-2015, 08:46 AM
nice discussions. Now, how is Singleton? Wray?

I'm waiting for the Omniscience One...aka Jim Sumner, to weigh in. Doesn't he typically do a Thursday update? Would that be impacted by the Bye week?

budwom
10-15-2015, 09:29 AM
I'm waiting for the Omniscience One...aka Jim Sumner, to weigh in. Doesn't he typically do a Thursday update? Would that be impacted by the Bye week?

of maybe if someone just conveyed the Herald Sun info now that it's a few days old...

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-15-2015, 09:38 AM
of maybe if someone just conveyed the Herald Sun info now that it's a few days old...
In today's Herald-Sun, Steve Wiseman summaries what is currently known about the injuries during this bye week. No new details revealed.

http://www.heraldsun.com/sports/blogs/knee-injury-sidelines-duke-s-brown-for-weeks-other-injured/article_ec438ba6-729e-11e5-9ea7-8fbcd17f37aa.html

riverside6
10-15-2015, 10:31 AM
As a general resource, we keep our ACC football injury report updated for all ACC teams...

http://www.scacchoops.com/acc-football-injury-report

-jk
10-15-2015, 10:32 AM
With it being a bye week, do we have to publish an injury report today?

-jk

budwom
10-15-2015, 11:43 AM
In today's Herald-Sun, Steve Wiseman summaries what is currently known about the injuries during this bye week. No new details revealed.

http://www.heraldsun.com/sports/blogs/knee-injury-sidelines-duke-s-brown-for-weeks-other-injured/article_ec438ba6-729e-11e5-9ea7-8fbcd17f37aa.html

But there was a report a few days ago in the Herald Sun which no one has actually cited...is anyone willing to reveal the basic contents about Singleton and Wray?

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-15-2015, 11:54 AM
But there was a report a few days ago in the Herald Sun which no one has actually cited...is anyone willing to reveal the basic contents about Singleton and Wray?
Carlos Wray not mentioned by name at all.
Deondre Singleton has practiced this week.
Kyler Brown has a sprain. No surgery needed. Recovery time "weeks."

“It looks like we’re good everywhere else,” Cutcliffe said.

budwom
10-15-2015, 12:26 PM
Carlos Wray not mentioned by name at all.
Deondre Singleton has practiced this week.
Kyler Brown has a sprain. No surgery needed. Recovery time "weeks."

“It looks like we’re good everywhere else,” Cutcliffe said.

Great, thanks Senora Dibalo! Get the lads healthy for the turkey shoot.

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-15-2015, 12:32 PM
Great, thanks Senora Dibalo! Get the lads healthy for the turkey shoot.

Merci, mon ami!

Our fine program addresses all aspects of what it takes for our players to be the best they can be. The high level of coordination and attention to detail now includes nutrition. Good nutrition promotes better play. Good nutrition promotes better healing. Good nutrition promotes better learning...... and healthier weight in life after football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXg6TrUecnw

budwom
10-15-2015, 01:43 PM
Merci, mon ami!

Our fine program addresses all aspects of what it takes for our players to be the best they can be. The high level of coordination and attention to detail now includes nutrition. Good nutrition promotes better play. Good nutrition promotes better healing. Good nutrition promotes better learning...... and healthier weight in life after football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXg6TrUecnw

Of course I meant diablo, not dibalo....I've been reading that football nutrition and chow have become another arms race.
I just hope that a lot of these guys, especially the linemen, get themselves down to reasonable weights once they give up the game.

Jim3k
10-16-2015, 02:00 AM

Anyone know how to get past the (unnecessary and stupid) H-S paywall? The lead graf loads, but the remainder of the story is grayed out down to the demand for a subscription. For a west coaster like me, that paper is usually a waste of time; certainly a waste of money.

howardlander
10-16-2015, 06:57 AM
Anyone know how to get past the (unnecessary and stupid) H-S paywall? The lead graf loads, but the remainder of the story is grayed out down to the demand for a subscription. For a west coaster like me, that paper is usually a waste of time; certainly a waste of money.

I don't think this is a west coast thing: I live in Durham and trust me, the Herald-Sun is worthless here as well.

Howard

Bob Green
10-16-2015, 12:26 PM
I don't think this is a west coast thing: I live in Durham and trust me, the Herald-Sun is worthless here as well.

Howard

Back when I could actually read Herald-Sun articles online, I enjoyed the ones by Steve Wiseman. He does a good job covering Duke.

Richard Berg
10-17-2015, 11:22 AM

On a non-mobile browser you could probably open the developer tools, grab the nag element, and start deleting its parents until the text underneath was no longer obscured.

devildeac
10-18-2015, 12:04 PM
With Kyler Brown out for "a few games," what will our DE rotation look like against VT or, who steps up to fill this gap/hole?

Bob Green
10-18-2015, 12:10 PM
With Kyler Brown out for "a few games," what will our DE rotation look like against VT or, who steps up to fill this gap/hole?

Deion Williams (#48) is my guess. Marquies Price (#91) will see playing time in passing situations.

jimsumner
10-18-2015, 12:51 PM

Britton Grier, Deion Williams and Marquies Price in the two-deep, with Dominic McDonald and Allen Jackson trying to seize the opportunity. Duke hasn't played true freshmen McSwain or Mugala and very much wants to preserve their redshirt.

devildeac
10-18-2015, 01:47 PM
Deion Williams (#48) is my guess. Marquies Price (#91) will see playing time in passing situations.

Britton Grier, Deion Williams and Marquies Price in the two-deep, with Dominic McDonald and Allen Jackson trying to seize the opportunity. Duke hasn't played true freshmen McSwain or Mugala and very much wants to preserve their redshirt.

Very helpful. Thanks!