PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2k16 - Anyone play this yet?

FerryFor50
10-06-2015, 02:31 PM
How is it?

Looking forward to getting a copy (once it lowers in price) and create my all-Duke team of:

Starters:
Kyrie Irving
JJ Redick
Justise Winslow
Jabari Parker
Jahlil Okafor

Bench:
Tyus Jones
Quinn Cook
Kyle Singler
Corey Maggette
Austin Rivers
Carlos Boozer
Mike Dunleavy
Gerald Henderson
Rodney Hood
Ryan Kelly
Mason Plumlee
Miles Plumlee
Luol Deng
Andre Dawkins
Dahntay Jones
Lance Thomas
Shav Randolph
Nolan Smith

Toughest part will be who to send to the D-league to allow a valid roster. :)

mattman91
10-06-2015, 02:39 PM
How is it?

Looking forward to getting a copy (once it lowers in price) and create my all-Duke team of:

Starters:
Kyrie Irving
JJ Redick
Justise Winslow
Jabari Parker
Jahlil Okafor

Bench:
Tyus Jones
Quinn Cook
Kyle Singler
Corey Maggette
Austin Rivers
Carlos Boozer
Mike Dunleavy
Gerald Henderson
Rodney Hood
Ryan Kelly
Mason Plumlee
Miles Plumlee
Luol Deng
Andre Dawkins
Dahntay Jones
Lance Thomas
Shav Randolph
Nolan Smith

I have it and love it.

Didn't Corey retire?

FerryFor50
10-06-2015, 02:45 PM
I have it and love it.

Didn't Corey retire?

Dunno, but that helps solve a roster issue. ;)

NashvilleDevil
10-06-2015, 03:53 PM
How is it?

Starters:
Kyrie Irving
JJ Redick
Justise Winslow
Jabari Parker
Jahlil Okafor

Bench:
Tyus Jones
Quinn Cook
Kyle Singler
Corey Maggette
Austin Rivers
Carlos Boozer
Mike Dunleavy
Gerald Henderson
Rodney Hood
Ryan Kelly
Mason Plumlee
Miles Plumlee
Luol Deng
Andre Dawkins
Dahntay Jones
Lance Thomas
Shav Randolph
Nolan Smith

My favorite game to play now. Just finished the Spike Lee story and am now in my 2nd season for the Nets. At some point I'll be the GM of a team and loading it with Duke guys.

JNort
10-06-2015, 05:16 PM
I play and I love it! Only problem with your starting Duke lineup is you got zero defense in. Although I guess it also depends on your difficulty settings but when I use Kyrie and JJ other guards walk right past em

luburch
10-07-2015, 09:42 AM
My favorite game to play now. Just finished the Spike Lee story and am now in my 2nd season for the Nets. At some point I'll be the GM of a team and loading it with Duke guys.

I really wanted to enjoy that story line, but I just couldn't get into it. Playing in HS/College was a nice addition, but only being able to play in 8 rookie games?! I normally try to play in as many as possible my first season to be able to upgrade my MyLayer.

kAzE
10-07-2015, 11:29 AM
I'm enjoying it so far of my limited time playing, mostly been doing career mode so far. I was super duper disappointed I didn't get recruited by Duke, but then I realized Duke isn't in the game. Then I realized the "MyCareer" mode is not really "my career," it's an African American guy from Harlem's career. They try to make it seem like you have choices . . but you really don't. I haven't finished my first NBA season yet, but the only decision I actually made so far was my college decision. (I picked Lousiville . . . best coach of the choices I had between Kansas, UConn, and UoL) The game play is better than ever, but I liked the career mode from last year more.

NashvilleDevil
10-07-2015, 11:44 AM
I'm enjoying it so far of my limited time playing, mostly been doing career mode so far. I was super duper disappointed I didn't get recruited by Duke, but then I realized Duke isn't in the game. Then I realized the "MyCareer" mode is not really "my career," it's an African American guy from Harlem's career. They try to make it seem like you have choices . . but you really don't. I haven't finished my first NBA season yet, but the only decision I actually made so far was my college decision. (I picked Lousiville . . . best coach of the choices I had between Kansas, UConn, and UoL) The game play is better than ever, but I liked the career mode from last year more.

I started a MyGM and immediately moved Oklahoma City back to Seattle

luburch
10-07-2015, 12:37 PM

I went with Arizona. They seemed like the lesser evil of all the other options I was presented.

Before starting my college career (meaning my MyPlayer's college career) I was projected as the number one pick. First college game I had 14pts and 10rbs and my projection dropped to a top 20 pick because of a "bad" game.

You get more choices later on with endorsements, connections, etc. but the Spike Lee story bit is not a good one.

subzero02
10-07-2015, 01:21 PM

So, you're saying you're not from Harlem?

Edouble
10-07-2015, 02:49 PM
Yes, I have this game and it's awesome.

I was looking forward to this year's MyCareer, but the the Spike Lee story was stale. The plot was pretty generic and cinema scenes were too long. Like others have said, there were no choices for you to make. All the decisions were made for you! I played at Kansas, BTW.

I was drafted 10th by the Heat, and somehow Justise is still there on the team. My guy is a point guard, so I play alot with Winslow on the second team. You can pick and roll and also throw him alley oops in transition all day.

I'm really enjoying MyTeam this year, which is my favorite game mode along with MyCareer. I thought that the game developers did a great job on Winslow and Okafor, in particular and were pretty generous with their player ratings.

awhom111
10-07-2015, 09:52 PM
Not really my type of game, but does anyone know if they've increased integration with European teams? I remember reading about the past versions having little ability outside of exhibitions to play one of the EuroLeague teams out of the box.

Is Nolan a free agent in the game or with his former team? If you can move players from European teams to your custom Duke team, I guess that you can also add Marty Pocius and DeMarcus Nelson.

Edouble
10-08-2015, 02:46 AM
Not really my type of game, but does anyone know if they've increased integration with European teams? I remember reading about the past versions having little ability outside of exhibitions to play one of the EuroLeague teams out of the box.

Is Nolan a free agent in the game or with his former team? If you can move players from European teams to your custom Duke team, I guess that you can also add Marty Pocius and DeMarcus Nelson.

Same here, I hate video games, actually. Big waste of time.

Then I played at a friend's house and suddenly my girlfriend bought me a PS4 for Christmas and I'm playing hours and hours of NBA2K.

Galatasaray S.K. is in the game. Marty is a starting guard/forward. Nolan is not on the team. I don't think Nolan is in the game either, as he does not have a card in the MyTeam portion of the game, and they go pretty deep into the free agents. Seth is in the game for the first time though!

Bonus: you can customize your own jerseys. My squad has some pretty mean Duke unis.

phaedrus
10-08-2015, 03:11 AM
Before starting my college career (meaning my MyPlayer's college career) I was projected as the number one pick. First college game I had 14pts and 10rbs and my projection dropped to a top 20 pick because of a "bad" game.

I had a similar story. Finished the season second in NPOY voting and was best player on the national championship team but dropped to the #3 pick because of a "bad" season.

JNort
10-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Is it just me or is it a little too easy? I used the Hornets last night cause Big AL has the highest rated post abilities. Basically medium story short I had 70 points with him alone halfway through the 3rd quarter. I played on default superstar settings. I then tried using Kobe and only did post moves and layups. 68 points against the Warriors. The's are 6 or 7 min quarters btw.

Edouble
10-10-2015, 10:57 PM
Is it just me or is it a little too easy? I used the Hornets last night cause Big AL has the highest rated post abilities. Basically medium story short I had 70 points with him alone halfway through the 3rd quarter. I played on default superstar settings. I then tried using Kobe and only did post moves and layups. 68 points against the Warriors. The's are 6 or 7 min quarters btw.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a bit harder than it was last year. Al Jefferson is awesome, but I think Dirk is still #1 with the post skills, although I am not positive. Kobe's turnaround fadeaway was a killer last year too.

Last year Al, Duncan, Kobe, and Dirk were automatic for me. Melo also has a nasty post fade. I am not as successful with them in 2K16, but it sounds like your experience has been different. I do think it's a quicker release this year on all shots, so maybe I am still just getting used to the controls.

blueduke59
10-11-2015, 04:35 AM
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a bit harder than it was last year. Al Jefferson is awesome, but I think Dirk is still #1 with the post skills, although I am not positive. Kobe's turnaround fadeaway was a killer last year too.

Last year Al, Duncan, Kobe, and Dirk were automatic for me. Melo also has a nasty post fade. I am not as successful with them in 2K16, but it sounds like your experience has been different. I do think it's a quicker release this year on all shots, so maybe I am still just getting used to the controls.

You need to adjust difficulty settings as well as the sliders Slider adjustments make this game play a very realistic brand of hoops

left_hook_lacey
09-06-2018, 03:27 PM
Anybody getting the new 2k tonight/tomorrow? I played 2k18, which was the first 2k game I had played in years and years. I'm old enough to remember the first 2k on dreamcast. :)

The different wingspans etc, dramatically affect your my career player's attributes, which adds another wrinkle to creating a player. If I see a 7' Glass Cleaner with tiny arms I'm gonna die. :cool:

JNort
09-06-2018, 04:27 PM
Anybody getting the new 2k tonight/tomorrow? I played 2k18, which was the first 2k game I had played in years and years. I'm old enough to remember the first 2k on dreamcast. :)

The different wingspans etc, dramatically affect your my career player's attributes, which adds another wrinkle to creating a player. If I see a 7' Glass Cleaner with tiny arms I'm gonna die. :cool:
Probably will get it soon but this game has been kind of bad for the most part since 2k11. Never fixed the speed problem fully from 2k12, made blocking shots too easy and never got fixed in 2k13 (it got worse in 17), 2k18 made alley oops very difficult and some players struggle to the extreme to make layups if they are short.

Still better than the trash Madden has been putting out for the last 13ish years.