PDA

View Full Version : SC w/ SVP Bad Beats Segment

duke blue brewcrew
09-29-2015, 12:33 AM
Did anyone else catch the opening of the Bad Beats segment for the SC w/ SVP show @ 12:00 am Tuesday, 9/29? Is it the same open every night/week for that segment? I like SVP personally I think he's clever, funny, articulate and with interesting takes that he usually supports pretty well. Normally I'm falling asleep as his show is coming on. Tonight, I was up a little later and happened to catch this segment. I have to say, his on-air HATORADE for Duke can be obnoxious at times. He has Duke losing to UCONN '99 National Championship, followed by Duke losing to Cincinatti in the Belk Bowl back to back in a 4 cip montage of "Bad Beats" to open the segment. Seeing that reminded me how glad I am that the Twerps are gone. "Not our rival" was always the best chant, it made me laugh everytime.

Wander
09-29-2015, 01:11 AM
I think the point of the segment is to cover plays that are completely meaningless in changing the outcome of the game but have huge significance in the Vegas results, so it's pretty hard to avoid thinking about Duke losing to UConn as it's one of the most famous examples of this.

EDIT: I now see you mentioned the 99 game, not 04.... but that's probably what they were thinking of.

SCMatt33
09-29-2015, 08:27 AM
I think the point of the segment is to cover plays that are completely meaningless in changing the outcome of the game but have huge significance in the Vegas results, so it's pretty hard to avoid thinking about Duke losing to UConn as it's one of the most famous examples of this.

EDIT: I now see you mentioned the 99 game, not 04.... but that's probably what they were thinking of.

That cincy bowl game was also one of the worst beats of all time. Duke was one play away from taking knees and kicking a field goal to end it, and even after fumbling and giving up a TD it was fine because they were 9 point dogs. Even a turnover should have resulted in cincy falling down and taking knees to end it, but the guy ran it back for the TD and one of the worst back door covers of all time.

Dukehky
09-29-2015, 08:33 AM
SVP is all good guy. He is one of the very few good Terps. He may dislike Duke, but he respects the hell out of them and will tell you so at any point, even if it is followed by a little barb at them. Go find any interview he has with or about K.

SVP is one of the few ESPN personalities that I really like, and it may honestly only be him and Russillo.

duke blue brewcrew
09-29-2015, 08:38 AM
SVP is all good guy. He is one of the very few good Terps. He may dislike Duke, but he respects the hell out of them and will tell you so at any point, even if it is followed by a little barb at them. Go find any interview he has with or about K.

SVP is one of the few ESPN personalities that I really like, and it may honestly only be him and Russillo.

I agree that SVP is awesome, I could listen to him all day. While everyone is correct, these are good examples of what the segment is about. I'm pretty confident the Duke segments aren't the only ones. I can see including one of them, get your dig in and move on. However, he uses both, back to back and it just smacks you in the face. To steal from the Countdown Crew...C'MON MAN!