PDA

View Full Version : Jay Bilas speaks to team on GoDuke

53n206
09-18-2015, 10:50 AM
Really good. Inspirational, but shows how Jay appreciates Duke.

Billy Dat
09-18-2015, 10:55 AM
http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22724&SPID=1845&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210349887&DB_OEM_ID=4200

duke blue brewcrew
09-18-2015, 01:10 PM
http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22724&SPID=1845&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210349887&DB_OEM_ID=4200

What an awesome thing, I really enjoyed watching that. Thanks for posting. Jay Bilas is such an engaging person, and an excellent example of the quality of people coming through the Duke program over the years. He was a big part of what is now the Coach K foundation of the Duke Basketball program. I'll always be proud to be a Duke fan, and Jay is a shining highlight of that choice.

Billy Dat
09-18-2015, 02:35 PM
Great video - one aspect cracked me up - in some of the "B roll" video showing while you hear voiceover, Bilas is standing up at the presentation screen in what I assume is the team film room and the slide on the screen says, "40% of college students admit to posting something 'inappropriate' on SnapChat"

I am guessing that part of the presentation was focused on personal brands and how, as Duke players, their "Q rating" is suddenly a real thing and, as such, they aren't just college kids anymore and need to protect themselves. A player's social media gaffe can go viral and become the featured subject of a national college basketball blog post within an hour of it's being created. Good times.

duke blue brewcrew
09-18-2015, 04:17 PM
Great video - one aspect cracked me up - in some of the "B roll" video showing while you hear voiceover, Bilas is standing up at the presentation screen in what I assume is the team film room and the slide on the screen says, "40% of college students admit to posting something 'inappropriate' on SnapChat"

I am guessing that part of the presentation was focused on personal brands and how, as Duke players, their "Q rating" is suddenly a real thing and, as such, they aren't just college kids anymore and need to protect themselves. A player's social media gaffe can go viral and become the featured subject of a national college basketball blog post within an hour of it's being created. Good times.

As Herm Edwards would say - "Don't press send!"