OG Cody Robinson (upper body)

OUT FOR SEASON

LB Kelby Brown (leg)

CB Bryon Fields (leg)

DT Zach Morris (leg)

DE Taariq Shabazz (leg)

Bob Green
09-17-2015, 06:22 PM
I'm disappointed to see Taariq Shabazz moved to the "Out for the Season" category. Hopefully the young man can get healthy and focus on next year.

jimsumner
09-17-2015, 06:32 PM
I'm disappointed to see Taariq Shabazz moved to the "Out for the Season" category. Hopefully the young man can get healthy and focus on next year.

My understanding is that Shabazz is going to have another knee surgery. Long-term prognosis is iffy at best.

duke blue brewcrew
09-17-2015, 07:09 PM
My understanding is that Shabazz is going to have another knee surgery. Long-term prognosis is iffy at best.

That's rotten news. I'm hoping the young man get's some good news, with reason for optimism moving forward for his football career. Knee surgeries aren't fun, been there & done that...too many times now.

Olympic Fan
09-17-2015, 07:11 PM
The other bit of bad news is Chris Holmes being out at LB ... the surprisingly strong play of Tinashe Bere helps softens the blow, but Bere and Ben Humphries are now the only backups who have played. Are four LBs enough? I guess Joe Giles-Harris is the only other scholarship linebacker available and they were trying to redshirt him. Behind Giles-Harris, we got to walk-ons.

duke blue brewcrew
09-17-2015, 07:25 PM
The other bit of bad news is Chris Holmes being out at LB ... the surprisingly strong play of Tinashe Bere helps softens the blow, but Bere and Ben Humphries are now the only backups who have played. Are four LBs enough? I guess Joe Giles-Harris is the only other scholarship linebacker available and they were trying to redshirt him. Behind Giles-Harris, we got to walk-ons.

8 was enough for basketball, can 4 be enough for the LB group? I agree, the loss of Holmes is a concern. Do we know anything about the injury, and how long they believe he might be out? Could Kelby Brown be shuffled back to LB in a pinch?

Bob Green
09-17-2015, 07:29 PM
I guess Joe Giles-Harris is the only other scholarship linebacker available and they were trying to redshirt him.

Perhaps I am guilty of being short-sighted, but with the linebacker strength arriving in the 2016 class, I do not believe it is necessary to redshirt Joe Giles-Harris. I have a win now attitude!

Acymetric
09-17-2015, 08:40 PM
Perhaps I am guilty of being short-sighted, but with the linebacker strength arriving in the 2016 class, I do not believe it is necessary to redshirt Joe Giles-Harris. I have a win now attitude!

Not only that, but I suspect we have some guys at safety or DE who could slide over to linebacker on occasion when necessary to give someone a breather.

jimsumner
09-17-2015, 08:45 PM
Not only that, but I suspect we have some guys at safety or DE who could slide over to linebacker on occasion when necessary to give someone a breather.

Dominic McDonald only moved from LB to DE this summer. I suspect he could move back in a pinch.

devildeac
09-17-2015, 10:03 PM
Maybe we could move a RB to LB. Oh, wait, we're getting kinda low on those, too.:o

Acymetric
09-17-2015, 10:07 PM
Maybe we could move a RB to LB. Oh, wait, we're getting kinda low on those, too.:o

Does Juwan Thompson have any eligibility left or is he too busy picking up an NFL paycheck?

devildeac
09-17-2015, 10:19 PM
Does Juwan Thompson have any eligibility left or is he too busy picking up an NFL paycheck?

You caught my reference...

;)

Olympic Fan
09-17-2015, 10:50 PM

Juwan forced a fumble in tonight's Broncos-Chiefs game ... he doesn't get much work at RB for Denver, but he's a special teams dynamo ...

As for Giles-Harris, it's not a question of burning his year ... it's a question of whether he's ready to contribute.

I think Jim has the right answer -- McDonald could move back in a pinch.

Actually, I think four LBs are enough for the way we want to play ... the only real problem would be to lose one more -- three would NOT really be enough.