PDA

View Full Version : Blue Ribbon Yearbook preseason poll

Olympic Fan
09-16-2015, 05:34 PM
The Blue Ribbon Basketball Yearbook is about to be released and the magazine's preseason poll is out:

http://chrisdortch.info/kentucky-again-tops-blue-ribbons-preseason-top-25/

The top 10:

1. Kentucky
2. Maryland
3. Virginia
4. UNC
5. Kansas
6. Duke
7. Arizona
8. Iowa State
9. Villanova
10. Gonzaga

I like that they have Virginia ahead of UNC -- that's absolutely the right call ... I think they have Duke just about right (for preseason) ... I don't like that they have three ACC teams in the top six, then no more anywhere else in the top 25. No Miami? No FSU? No Notre Dame?

brevity
09-16-2015, 06:01 PM
Thanks for posting this. The article doesn't disclose how the poll was compiled, but I imagine there were multiple contributors involved. A Blue Ribbon panel, if you will.

This top 10 differs somewhat from the individual ESPN opinions posted here (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?36291). More of a Western presence (in: Arizona and Gonzaga) and less of a Midwestern one (out: Oklahoma and Wichita State).

MarkD83
09-16-2015, 07:39 PM
So does this poll make UNC fans nervous that they have ducked and delayed NCAA punishment and put all of their proverbial eggs in this season's basket?

superdave
09-17-2015, 11:39 AM
So does this poll make UNC fans nervous that they have ducked and delayed NCAA punishment and put all of their proverbial eggs in this season's basket?

No, but having all role players and a diminished Roy Williams as coach makes Unc fans nervous.

Duke95
09-17-2015, 11:48 AM
No, but having all role players and a diminished Roy Williams as coach makes Unc fans nervous.

How is Roy diminished? He's as bad of a coach as he's ever been.

rasputin
09-17-2015, 12:16 PM
How is Roy diminished? He's as bad of a coach as he's ever been.

He's actually in a stronger position, because he has those 4,381 unused timeouts in the bank.

devildeac
09-17-2015, 12:33 PM
He's actually in a stronger position, because he has those 4,381 unused timeouts in the bank.

Not any longer. Redeemed this summer for massages and greens fees. And not the Will Graves' kind either:rolleyes:.

Listen to Quants
09-19-2015, 11:26 AM
Does anybody know the question the panel was asked? Everybody would expect an older team like UNC to have a more pronounced advantage early, less so in March. Vice versa for Duke.