PDA

View Full Version : Duke Basketball Uniforms 2015-16

Blue KevIL
09-16-2015, 03:26 PM
This was posted on Twitter this afternoon...

https://twitter.com/CoachSoderling/status/644219164593291264

Some pictures of the new White uniforms were released recently.
This is the first I have seen of the new Blue and new Black uniforms.

DavidBenAkiva
09-16-2015, 03:42 PM
Not bad! I hope those blue uniforms become the primary road unis. I do not like the extensive use of black in the road uniforms the team wore for the past 5 or so years. I was so happy to see Nike unveil the throwback white and black uniforms last year. Here's a look at our basic uniform set from the past few years.

Primary Home Uniform

Primary Road Uniform

Alternate Road Uniform

DavidBenAkiva
09-16-2015, 03:59 PM
This was posted on Twitter this afternoon...

https://twitter.com/CoachSoderling/status/644219164593291264

Some pictures of the new White uniforms were released recently.
This is the first I have seen of the new Blue and new Black uniforms.

UPDATE: You can see the tops better on the Duke University online store. They are already for sale (http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/ePOS/this_category=490&store=106&sort_by=10&qty=100&listtype=begin&item4cat_anchor=1&form=shared3/gm/browse.html&design=106).

Danke Shane
09-16-2015, 04:16 PM
Dislike. Not a fan of the matchy match side panel color / primary color trend we've been using recently.

weezie
09-16-2015, 05:02 PM
Maybe I'm wrong but I like the all blue. Very clean.

MarkD83
09-16-2015, 07:47 PM
Don't care what they look like as long as the players wearing them play good D.

msdukie
09-16-2015, 10:40 PM
There is a second white jersey too per Blue Planet's Instagram and one of the photos they showed during today's video shoot showed the white fauxback shorts being steamed, so....

My guess is those three new jerseys are the primaries (interesting that the black jersey now has white names and numbers) and both fauxbacks are still in the rotation, even though they are very similar and of course we get the new "one-off" jersey in February (or, as they ended up being last year, "eight-offs").

The new primaries are a mix between the fauxbacks and disruption jerseys, which are a mix of the jersey templates Nike created for the USA 2012 and 2014 teams.

msdukie
09-16-2015, 10:42 PM
Not bad! I hope those blue uniforms become the primary road unis. I do not like the extensive use of black in the road uniforms the team wore for the past 5 or so years. I was so happy to see Nike unveil the throwback white and black uniforms last year. Here's a look at our basic uniform set from the past few years.

Primary Home Uniform

Primary Road Uniform

Alternate Road Uniform

The blue uniforms go back to October 2004. I will not miss them. I'd like the 1994 or 1998-2004 primary jerseys back with the 1998 black jersey that had all the white trim.

El_Diablo
09-16-2015, 10:48 PM
Can we get a black fauxback?

cbarry
09-17-2015, 10:18 AM
I realize I am probably in the minority, but I would love to see them GET RID OF THE BLACK UNIS! Stick to the school colors! Last I checked, black is not a school color.

duke79
09-17-2015, 10:40 AM
I realize I am probably in the minority, but I would love to see them GET RID OF THE BLACK UNIS! Stick to the school colors! Last I checked, black is not a school color.

Totally agree !!

flyingdutchdevil
09-17-2015, 12:56 PM
...but I love the jerseys - including the promotional one-offs - that Nike produces every year. They may not be the early 1990 jerseys that everyone loves, but I like the new materials and fashion look.

However, my favorites are the HyperElites that the team wore during their NCAA Tourney run. Unique, simple, and clearly had magical powers.

blazindw
09-17-2015, 02:46 PM
YES YES YES YES YES YES!! These are beautiful. Durham is about to get a ton of my hard earned cash!! 😊

flyingdutchdevil
09-17-2015, 02:49 PM
YES YES YES YES YES YES!! These are beautiful. Durham is about to get a ton of my hard earned cash!! 😊

Sorry to bust your bubble, but I assume Beaverton gets a lot more of your money than Durham.

blazindw
09-17-2015, 02:56 PM
Nope, if I buy it at Duke, they get the money. If they give some of it back to Beaverton, at that point it's their money to give, haha.

elvis14
09-21-2015, 09:41 AM
...but I love the jerseys - including the promotional one-offs - that Nike produces every year. They may not be the early 1990 jerseys that everyone loves, but I like the new materials and fashion look.

However, my favorites are the HyperElites that the team wore during their NCAA Tourney run. Unique, simple, and clearly had magical powers.

Last year's HyperElites were pretty well trashed on DBR (I believe I said they looked like pajamas) but frankly as long as we win a title, we could be playing in Hello Kitty PJ's!!

flyingdutchdevil
09-21-2015, 10:31 AM
Last year's HyperElites were pretty well trashed on DBR (I believe I said they looked like pajamas) but frankly as long as we win a title, we could be playing in Hello Kitty PJ's!!

Unless the jerseys are Duke blue with limited white trim or white with limited Duke blue trim, jerseys will get trashed on DBR. It's the 4th favorite topic of DBR, after minutes, ref bashing, and beer/BBQ.

elvis14
09-21-2015, 10:38 AM
Unless the jerseys are Duke blue with limited white trim or white with limited Duke blue trim, jerseys will get trashed on DBR. It's the 4th favorite topic of DBR, after minutes, ref bashing, and beer/BBQ.

Good point. I would have been happy with the white uni's if the "Duke" across the chest was just more visible.

duke79
09-21-2015, 11:58 AM

LOL, so true, but, and not to be a stick-in-the-mud, but what's wrong with the classic Duke blue with white trim and lettering or white with the blue trim and lettering. I, for one, am not a big fan of the trend in both football and basketball - both college and pro - (and even baseball too) of increasingly bizarre (and, IMHO, ugly) uniform design and colors. Of course, I find Stanford's white football uniforms to be a LITTLE too basic and boring.

Chicken Little
09-21-2015, 12:56 PM
Does anyone have any idea why Nike has moved away from sewn on letters/numbers/logos? In both jerseys and shorts, I used to justify the price hike between the authentic and replica offerings because I preferred the look and feel of the sewn on parts rather over heat transfer, but now they're all done with heat transfer. Are they really justifying an extra $45 on the jerseys for the team "medallion" on the neckline?

flyingdutchdevil
09-21-2015, 01:26 PM
LOL, so true, but, and not to be a stick-in-the-mud, but what's wrong with the classic Duke blue with white trim and lettering or white with the blue trim and lettering. I, for one, am not a big fan of the trend in both football and basketball - both college and pro - (and even baseball too) of increasingly bizarre (and, IMHO, ugly) uniform design and colors. Of course, I find Stanford's white football uniforms to be a LITTLE too basic and boring.

There is nothing wrong with the classics, but that's exactly what they are: classics.

I enjoy the Nike innovation, the non-school colors from time to time, and the little details that help define the school/program (like the Duke chapel on the back of the new jerseys). I guess it's different strokes for different folks.

Indoor66
09-21-2015, 01:55 PM
Does anyone have any idea why Nike has moved away from sewn on letters/numbers/logos? In both jerseys and shorts, I used to justify the price hike between the authentic and replica offerings because I preferred the look and feel of the sewn on parts rather over heat transfer, but now they're all done with heat transfer. Are they really justifying an extra $45 on the jerseys for the team "medallion" on the neckline?

I have no actual knowledge but I will hazard a guess: Cost of Production.

msdukie
09-21-2015, 11:20 PM

The retail authentics (and the game used authentics) are stitched. The Duke Store frequently describes them wrong in the catalog and has for several years. The only thing heat transferred on the authentics are the Swooshes.

Everything is screened on the replicas.

blazindw
09-22-2015, 10:58 AM
The retail authentics (and the game used authentics) are stitched. The Duke Store frequently describes them wrong in the catalog and has for several years. The only thing heat transferred on the authentics are the Swooshes.

Everything is screened on the replicas.

Was about to post the same thing. Also, this year's jerseys are essentially a hybrid of the HyperElite jersey from last year and the Fauxbacks. Which I love. Also, because the black trim has been completely removed from the home and road jerseys and restricted to the 3rd. I love the 3rds, but am very glad that the home and road jerseys are simply blue and white and white and blue.

wilson
09-22-2015, 11:18 AM
I...am very glad that the home and road jerseys are simply blue and white and white and blue.I can not more heartily agree with this (strategically edited ;) ) statement. Black is not a school color. And it doesn't even go particularly well with our real color(s).

Indoor66
09-22-2015, 11:27 AM
I can not more heartily agree with this (strategically edited ;) ) statement. Black is not a school color. And it doesn't even go particularly well with our real color(s).

I never did like getting BLACK & BLUE! :cool:

Billy Dat
09-22-2015, 03:55 PM
The new primaries are a mix between the fauxbacks and disruption jerseys, which are a mix of the jersey templates Nike created for the USA 2012 and 2014 teams.

Since Moses Malone recently passed, and he skipped college, can we temporarily claim him as our own by offering a fauxfauxfauxback jersey?

Ichabod Drain
10-06-2015, 12:25 PM

flyingdutchdevil
10-06-2015, 01:42 PM

Dear Nike,

Big fan of the new jerseys. Love the black jersey with the blue and minimal white. Don't listen to the haters who say we shouldn't have black because it isn't a school color.

Hugs and kisses,

The 1%ers (of Duke fans who like the modern Duke jerseys)

Mike Corey
10-06-2015, 03:53 PM
These are really sharp, IMO. Best lookin' uniforms in a while.

Under Armour has been eating Nike's lunch in terms of uniform design this year, but Nike got these right.

wilson
10-06-2015, 09:50 PM
These are really sharp, IMO. Best lookin' uniforms in a while. I agree. I can even admit that if we must have black, these are about the most tasteful black uniforms I can recall.
But I still hate the black.
If anything, I guess you could say this set is too monochrome, but I vastly prefer overly simple to overdone, as are most of today's Oregonified uniforms.

DavidBenAkiva
10-06-2015, 10:42 PM

OK, I am liking the black alternates a lot more now. The white of the DUKE and numbers just pops out of those. It's a big improvement over the road blacks the team has been wearing the past 10 ish years.

Speaking of black, I am not such a big fan of the black waistband on the primary road blue uniforms. It cuts up the whole uniform. I would have preferred a solid blue from shoulders to knees with just the minimal white trim. Otherwise, I love them.

These are big improvements.

mkirsh
10-07-2015, 11:18 AM
OK, I am liking the black alternates a lot more now. The white of the DUKE and numbers just pops out of those. It's a big improvement over the road blacks the team has been wearing the past 10 ish years.

Speaking of black, I am not such a big fan of the black waistband on the primary road blue uniforms. It cuts up the whole uniform. I would have preferred a solid blue from shoulders to knees with just the minimal white trim. Otherwise, I love them.

These are big improvements.

I think the waistband is still blue, but Luke's are folder over (because the shorts are likely too long - kind of like what I do for my kids when their pants/shorts are too big) and the black is the inside.

msdukie
10-13-2015, 11:27 PM
I think the waistband is still blue, but Luke's are folder over (because the shorts are likely too long - kind of like what I do for my kids when their pants/shorts are too big) and the black is the inside.

This is correct. In fact, on all of Nike's non-white uniforms, the interior waistband is black, it's even noticeable on FSU's garnet uniforms when a player flips them over.